HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   02.10.12 1:15

Darkness had inked the night but Wulfric's vision remained sharp. Jutting out from the corners of the cabin was a large cellar door with important looking handles....

"There is a hovel," spoke Wulfric, slowing Midnorton calmly with the wave of his hand. Was it for storage? A cooling room for large game? The place seemed more like a temporary squatting ground - both hypotheses seemed unlikely.


--------------------------

Wulfric quickly alerts Garvan and Artimus of this door and suggests they try to quickly search it while he and Midnorton continue to scout ahead
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   02.10.12 9:10

Artimus leafed through the papers on the desktop, searching them for any meaning, hidden indication or insensed provocation. The sharp implent stapped into the wooden frame caught his eyes. he peered at it, trying to imagine the hand that drove it so deeply.

The voice of wulfric broke cabin, lit by torchlight. the woodsmen had located a cellar. Artimus nodded to Garvan, indicating he'd would tarry a moment longer before joining them outside.

Artmius looked through the titles of the books on the shelf before toppling the leaning tower of knowlege to the floor.

once he was satisfied, artimus would re enter the night and join Garvin and Wulfric at the cellar door
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   02.10.12 12:05

Garvan had left the cabing and now looked down up the cellar. Iron chains spotted with rust clung loosley at the portal. Perhaps Artimus would find a key admist the the papers inside the cabin. Garvan was not keen on attempting the shatter the lock; The feat would most likely draw unwanted attention from man or beast.

He returned then to the cabin and began to scoure the remnants of the hovel for signs of a key. Torchlight skewed the shadows about the room and Garvans skin crawled. Tell-tale signs of recent inhabitants were not enough to ward of the haunting qualities of the forgotten cabin.



=================


Garvan will search for a key or force the lock if he cannot find one

STR = 4D6 = 15


Last edited by Garvan on 02.10.12 12:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   02.10.12 12:05

The member 'Garvan' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 2, 6, 1, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   02.10.12 20:04

With his attention drawn to the chained entry by the building, he nodded and headed for it. He looked over the chains with little chance of breaking it open and hoped the others would at least be able to find the key to it.

==================

Midnorton simply waits for the others to try to get open the chains, through gile or brute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   04.10.12 10:47

Fellowship - Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 2:35 AM


The mariner gingerly picked up the stack of papers from under the dagger's weight, Garvan searching the small cabin for a key in response to Wulfric's appeal.

Garvan ran his hands along the wooden wall, his eyes resting on a large nail hammered in beside the bookshelf. There, a large key hung upon a thick rope, which he removed in satisfaction of his quest.

Artimus leafed through the stack of papers. They appeared to be ledgers, mostly - transactional records for mundane purchases like various foodstuffs from local farms. Arrows were another large purchase, as well as herbal ingredients from a certain apothecary in Sulkporte. Whoever the ledger-keeper was, they were obviously supplying a group of 20-30 men.

A single paper stood out to Artimus, however. A handwritten note, in a half-sized parchment;

"Dunvare, we have all assembled at the longhouse. By dawn on the 3rd of Septem, it will be done. Rejoice, brother, for you have been of the utmost use, and it will not be forgotten. Leave at nightfall on the 2nd, and circle round the back. We've posted archers along the southern wall, and they will be watching for any disturbance along the cartpath - we cannot afford to be discovered, and they will not shout for friend or foe. There is a wooden plank across the moat on the northwest side, and you may cross there. We will welcome you in the feasthall, brother. Rejoice.

The mariner crossed the room to the bookshelf, examining its contents. Various mundane works of fiction or poetry, it seemed for the passing of the time. He skimmed an assorted list of them:

Ghosts of the Seaspray Isles
Under Oath of Blood
Military musings of the Empire
A Journal of Trail Herbs
Cadmine's Report on the Nature of Beasts

...and finally a small, purple book with only a single inscription upon the spine - that of a violet rectangle.

[...]

Wulfric scouted the path ahead, the evening turning colder as he stood about. His eyes peered into the darkness ahead, and his keen ears picked up the sound of a wayward beast.

Ahead, a deer crossed the cartpath, unknowing or uncaring to the woodsman's position.

[...]

Midnorton watched as Garvan knelt down, pulling the key from his pocket and trying it in the lock. Soundlessly, it clicked open, and with ease he pulled the cellar doors open...

Darkness greeted him, stairs leading downward into the black.

=========================

[OK Gents, if you intend on descending the stairs, let me know. I also want marching order, and be aware of lightsource (Artimus is the only one with a torch at the moment).

EXP: +50 EXP Each

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   05.10.12 14:18

The mention of arms caught Artimus attention, it seemed that there was supplies for 30 men or so being amassed and the mention of arrows indicated their intentions were not peaceful

Dunvare, a co-consipirator to what? These efforts of dark men, kidnapping was on the agenda, what other dirty deeds a band of thirty armed men could execute in the night in secret. Whatever it was, it happened tonight. The note regarding the guarding of the cart path was valuable, if one found value in the continued drawing of air. A favored pastime of the Mariner.

Ghosts of the Seaspray Isles
Under Oath of Blood
Military musings of the Empire
A Journal of Trail Herbs
Cadmine's Report on the Nature of Beasts

Artimus found the books on the shelf interesting and squirreled them away in his pack for further inspection. The oddness of the single inscripted sheet vexed his psyche. A purple rectangle... what could it be... he searched his mind for a marking like this.

**Artimus folds and pockets the paper and affixes the dagger to his cloak’s Interior

Having satisfied his inquiry of the cabin Artimus circled outside and tossed the burning torch to Garvan who’d just loosed the cellar’s bonds.


“Allonzy”

The mariner indicated his readiness to follow garvan into the dark as he drew his blade. There was no knowing what the musky dank held, a beast? A maid? Or some delicious preserves.

The Mariner was ready for anything.

=========================

Artimus is following Garvan down the stair with blade drawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   05.10.12 19:55

Midnorton looked down into the darkness beyond the doors and felt the sudden tingle of 'alarm' run down his spine.

He readied his bow, but made sure his knife was available for an easy draw, knowing his bow might not be the best weapon in a tight area.

With Garvan and Artimus taking the lead, he slowly followed Artimus down into the darkness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   09.10.12 10:37

Garvan snatched the torch from the air, the twisting flames fluttered noisily and cast eeire shadows about the landscape. The chains had been removed with little argument and now hung loosley from the portal, begging to be opened.

He took one look aroound at his companions, seeking their silent approvals before heading into the dark. None came, and Garvan took that to be confirmation enough. He pulled his showrtsword slowly from the scabbard hanging at his hip and pulled open the portal, letting it fall to the grass surrounding it.

The steel reflected the wavering light onto the steps as the party decended, ever wary of the dangers that coul lurk below....


======

Garvan heads down with sword and torch, cautiously Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   09.10.12 16:50

Fellowship - Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 2:39 AM


Garvan lead the way down into the cold cellar, the temperature changing dramatically as he descended upon the stone steps.

He could hear Artimus and Midnorton behind him, Wulfric still watching the path above.

The fisherman's torch cast bright light into the corners of the small cellar, which was no more than twenty feet deep and perhaps fifteen wide. Dust and cobweb-ridden barrels littered the place in various states of disrepair, a heavy wooden chest located in their midst. However his attention did not remain on the furnishings for long.

On the far wall, four sets of manacles had been staked into the stone. Shackled to one of them there was a man, dressed in travelling clothes and slumped over, his hands dangling upward from his restraints.

A heavy stream of coagulated blood pooled down the back of his head, where he had obviously been brained by a blund object fairly recently. The torchlight gleamed across the slick surface of the gore, running down his neck and staining the majority of his otherwise unsullied clothing.

=============

Aside from the dead man, there are no other beings or features of note in the basement.

There are approximately 6 or 7 barrels, in addition to the large wooden chest.

Cheers,

-LK

EXP: +50 to Garvan, Mid, Art
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   10.10.12 10:39

Artimus descended the stairs behind flickering torchlight and the bold Garvan. The cold musty air gently plowed up his boots, grasping his shins with cooling hands. Cold too had gripped the man slumped with eerie comfort, settled into his final repose. Artimus looked about the ground counting the pairs of boot prints. How many men had been here? He could still smell the sweat of their murderous intent. Whoever it was, their energy was high. Their brows wet with an impending action. A dark intent.

Seeing no danger Artimus sheathed his foil and knelt beside the man. Rifling through the corpses pockets Artimus tried to determine the victim’s identity, class and occupation. Looking over the body attempted to detect defensive wounds, dirt on the pants. Did he see this attack coming or did he go without a fight?

As he poured over the grisly scene Artimus remarked hurriedly.

Whatever plot we’re zeeing unfold here and now, reachez itz crezcendo tonight moni ami’z. In the paperz upztairz there iz talk of a man named Dunvare, a fort at the end of the cart path , an operation that occurz at dawn on thiz day and what appearz to be a manifezt for thirty men or zo.”

“ I don’t know what their aim iz, but there iz no doubt it will determine the control of thiz izland and it’z people. We would do well to hurry. The letter noted that the guardz’ of the fort will attack on zight; however it revealed a zecret on unguarded entrance. Thiz iz the edge we need, let uz ztrike while we can and learn of why after”



The words sounded foolish to the Brettonian’s ears, to make movements on such a large group not knowing their true aim, intent or motivations. But clarity was a gift only granted in hindsight, when deeds done, men sent to their graves and history written.



In this life, Artimus would not be sidelined.



Not ever.

------------
------------

Artimus performs his check of the body ask quickly as possibly urging the party down the cart path.


Last edited by Artimus on 10.10.12 10:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   10.10.12 10:39

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   10.10.12 14:15

Midnorton descended the stairs as he adjusted his eyesight to see with the light of a torch only. He scanned the room as he watched Artimus exam the body. With that being done, he stepped around his companions and moved toward the lone chest. He carefully opened it and looked inside for any clues or valuables that might be present.

While he rummaged through the chest, he spoke his mind about the possible future plan. “I would like to return to town to get more help if we are to raid their stronghold, but from that letter you found, it seems like we won’t have time. Perhaps we can use it to sneak in with the instructions it has given and try to ‘rescue’ the daughter but at the same time put a wrench in their plan by disrupting it in some way.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   11.10.12 3:20

The cosmos groaned overhead, and Wulfric waited in the dark. Stars reminded the woodsman of gears in a clocktower, faraway; overlooked but essential; turning in their slow burn. The company brooded there in the basement. But still the stars shone overhead, no different than any other night.

Cold the way they sit, content, blazing in the black patches of night, lighting the borders of land and sky, displaying the fates of men. A puzzling theater, shimmering, both divine and unnerving; before one's eyes, but so out of reach.

In the hovel, the company continued to shuffle about. Wulfric lowered his gaze back toward the mud. They had to move forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   11.10.12 12:36

Garvan rifles through the mans pockets, searchign for any clues as to who he is.

"We should make haste friends. Lest we wind up like this poor ol bastard." He still held the torch in his hand, scattering light around the cold cellar. "Artimus, is right. We only got till morning before we wont ave a chance at saving the lass so I suggest we dont stick around here too long."

========


Garvan waits for mid to finish with the chest and he searches the dead dude. Then he will follow the cart path into the woods
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   15.10.12 12:25

Fellowship - Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 2:50 AM


The slumped corpse smelled of filth, and Garvan could feel his throat gagging as he approached with the mariner. Blood pooled beneath the poor fellows body, flecks of his cranial organs dotted through the miasma. It was a grisly scene, indeed.

Quickly, Garvan rifled through the man's pockets. His gold had been picked clean, clearly, but his hands closed around a slip of paper in his pocket.

Garvan grabbed the paper, retreating with Artimus to a distance of safety from the stench of blood and death.

In the dim torchlight, they unravelled the paper. As they did, another fell out. It was a trade writ, a method of payment, embossed with a wax seal bearing a black codfish. Beneath it were emblazoned the words "OST TRADING COMPANY".

Pocketing the trade writ, Garvan read the letter:

"Pergrew, our situation leaves me uneasy. Perhaps we were hasty to trust. I reccommend extraction of our package, despite the Cod's cautions. We will have a mess if these imbeciles continue to escalate. Septem 2nd, 5-afternoon, the spot on the wharf. -Cherous

The sound of a rusted old hinge opening drew his attention, and all could see Midnorton digging around in the chest.

The archer smiled, pulling out a bounty of useful items.
[SEE THE MARKETPLACE THREAD]


[...]

Fellowship - Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 4:15 AM

The fellowship lurked at the fringe of a darkened wood, staring down at a small fortress built on the bank of a bubbling river that was nestled into the hilly countryside.

A tall, 30-foot cobbled wall sheltered what could only be a courtyard of somesort. A large portcullis stood on the west side, which they overlooked, and the cartpath they had followed lead clearly down a hill, over a wooden bridge, and up to the entrance.

They could see no sentries atop the walls, though whether there was a walkway there was unclear. No torches burned at the gates, and an eerie quiet was present.

===============================

OK fellows, you're about 1/4 mile away from the keep. It's situated on the other side of a small river, which is perhaps 100 yards wide, and in this darkness you're not sure how deep.

There IS a bridge leading over the river, if you elect to go that way.

You're facing the western side of the fortress, which is the only side you can see currently.

The wagon trail leads to its portcullis, which is closed tightly.

You cannot see or hear any guards or creatures from this distance. It's 4:15 in the morning and the moon is beginning to fall.

EXP: +50 EXP each

Cheers,
-LK

I'm going to need stealth checks if you're approaching the keep, and I'll also need swim checks if you're trying to cross via river and not the bridge
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   16.10.12 23:00

Midnorton felt some excitement as the group moved onward, not knowing what type of situation they will find themselves in as they reach the keep. Will they be able to get in there steathily or will they have to try to force their way in.

He turned to the others, "The letter found inside the cabin states there was a way to get into the keep besides the front. Perhaps we should go that route for I have a feeling time is not on our side."



Last edited by Midnorton on 17.10.12 13:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected the post.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   17.10.12 11:00



(play for ambience )

Artimus paused as the fortress came into view. The stone wall had lumbered over the hill into his vision, like slate bison, grazing sweet forest grass while they waiting for the glowing dawn. Artimus and his kin were unlike the sulking sedentary wall, that laid there unmoving. He and his were fleet foxes and striking asps, with aim and purpose.

Find the daughter of Giess – and get out.



Even as he ran the simple plan through his mind, Artimus could not shake the curiosity that lay around the events that were unfolding around them. Some force, neither Ost nor Giess was executing some dark aim.



An Aggressive Expansion.



The wall ran upwards, a blockade on the other side of that softly murmuring running water, about 5 fathoms high. The Mariner found no peace in the brook, where it mumbled like a meek beggar, the sea trumpeted, A proud resounding call, ever present in his heart.



“If there iz any truth to the paperz found in the cabin, our bezt entry will be on the northweztzide, acrozz a plank that coverz the moat. The not alzo made clear that the zouth weztern wall iz manned by archer.”



Artimus moved his way across the mote via the plank leaned his back against the wall and formed a stirrup with his hands offering a boost to the first one to want to attempt the wall. Once up Artimus will throw up the grapple so the party and scale the wall if clear. If the initial jump fails Artiimus will attempt to throw the grapple tied off to rope.


Stealth 2d 1d

Assist jump (might) 3d 2


Last edited by Artimus on 17.10.12 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   17.10.12 11:00

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'SKILL CHECK' : 2, 4, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'SKILL CHECK' : 2, 2, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   17.10.12 12:28

Garvan wedged his foot into the cradle created by the Mariners hands, grinning as he did so. The brook whispered dully in the distance and scattered moonlight across the forestscape, the color of lead.

With a heave Garvan pulled himself up, with artimus' assistance, to peer over the wall. Scanning for any lurkign danger. It was a quiet night, almost too quiet he thought. With the moon sinking into the heavens, Garvan knew they were runnign short on time.

"No better time for a camp raid, eh lads?" The early morning was the best time to catch foes unware. Most of the men were liekly curled up sucing their thumbs and those who were awake would be busy wiping the dew and sleep from their eyes.

It would almost be a shame, though, to break the peace.



=====================



Im a bit unsure of my surroundings without a map or something, but I am assumign we vault this wall and sneak over to the ungaurded entrance. So thats the plan. Garvan will stealth (avoiding buckets) and attempt to gain access to the fortress.


Stealth Roll: 2D = 5 (.... gay)
Climb: 4D = 17


Last edited by Garvan on 17.10.12 12:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   17.10.12 12:28

The member 'Garvan' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'SKILL CHECK' : 1, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'SKILL CHECK' : 4, 3, 6, 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   17.10.12 16:12

Fellowship - Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 3:05 AM

The fellowship stood beside the rushing river, and the thin plank that had fjorded their journey towards the walls afforded them the cover of darkness and tree-shelter as they approached the keep.

Cold wind blew through the trees now, the sleepiness of late hours washed away by the adrenaline they felt from this desolate fortress.

A portcullis stood closed in their path, leading into a darkened courtyard beyond. Clearly, whoever the note had been meant for had already made use of this rear entrance, locking it behind himself afterwards.

Beyond, they could see a darkened terrace whereupon a Cobblestone longhouse stood, old trees gnarled and twisting around it.

It was mere moments before Garvan was atop the 15-foot wall, a boost from Artimus and a quick jump allaying him atop. The wall was perhaps ten-feet thick, the weather having worn away at its integrity over the years. Sand and grit came up in his hands, the cool stone and mud making it tough to grip.

Silently, the grappling hook was thrown upwards, and the fellowship one-by-one began their ascent. It was no more than ten minutes before they had scaled down the other side, and stood in the midst of the courtyard...

===============

You are in the courtyard, in the northwestern corner. There is moderate tree-cover surrounding, old and aged. The wall stretches 200 yards to the east and west, and presumably 200 yards to the south and north as well.

There is an old longhouse approximately 75 yards to the south, made of cobbles. It's roof is wooden and broken out. There is a wooden door on its north side.

There is also a cart to the southeast, perhaps 20 feet from the longhouse.

Sneak checks must be made as you traverse the compound

EXP: +50 to mid, garvan, art

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.10.12 13:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzhjG6OkvI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As Artimus climbed the rope hand by hand he couldn’t help but think fondly on the Vengance two, it’s sails begging anxiously to be unfurled with just such a motion, it’s sheets longingly quivering as the air teased it’s furl, restrained harshly to the mast. He forced his mind to return to the moment, his sensuousness for the sea would have to be abated. Reaching the height of the wall Artimus motioned for Midnorton and Wulfric, the beckoning of his gloved hand silently speaking “the way is clear”. As his compatriots ascended Artimus fingered the pommel of his foil, the mind of the Tactician taking over, silencing the noise of his thoughts. He eyed the trees, the long house, the portcullis and Garvan, glanced between the mariner, the forest and the courtyard. He knew the Fisherman turned warrior -mercenary thoughts. Not every syllable but his intent.



If there were 30 men to their 4 they would need to have a stern handle on the situation or they would be overrun.



Artimus turned to his fellows


If our mark iz here, zhe iz in the longhouze. But zhe may not be alone; we can expect a greeting party that numberz up to 30 men. Our ztrike muzt be brutal and unwavering. Garvan, take pozition at the longhouze door, lizten for a moment, then take that rope from the cabin and zecure the door to a tree. Midnorton, Wulfric, one of you come with me, we will mount the roof of the longhouze and uze the breach in the roof to fire into the room. The panic will be palpable. We will likely be able to fire many zhotz before the rezpond. While the other of you remainz here on the wall and enzurez our ezcape; while keeping watch.”



Artimus Nodded to the three and waited for any discussion
---------------
---------------

Artimus boots landed with a soddenly thud, he held his arms out to balance the force of this landing. He paused looking around for a moment before cautiously moving towards the longhouse. Once there he would assist his co-conspirator up onto the roof and clamour up after, load his crossbow and creep to the hole the roof, wait for Garvan to get in position and peer in.


Sneak 3d 7


Last edited by Artimus on 22.10.12 11:45; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : The editing is fuckd apologies)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.10.12 13:25

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 3, 2, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.10.12 16:28

Garvan let go of the rope on the lowest stretch of wall and fell with a soft thud to the earth below. The smell of wet pines and dew rushing to his nose. As he helped down the rest of their party he glanced about the inside of the compound, nodding as he listened the Artimus' plan.

The tall cobblestone walls that enclosed the space make the sound bounce around eerily. There were no foes that he could make out right away, assuming they were all sleeping within the confines of the cabin. After hearing Artimus' plan the fismeran simply nodded, and went to work. He smiled as he walked away, surprised at how close the band had come. They had met as strangers, yet here they were saving a damsle, hardly a word between them yet they all knew their part. He felt a certain comfort knowing Midnorton was atop the wall watching their backs, an arrow slung loosley between his fingers.

Garvan crept slowly aroudn the front of the cabin as Wulfric and Artimus got to their positions. He would like to know what they were up against before they began the battle but Garvan would have to place his trust in his foes. He pulled the coil of rope from his shoulder and set to securing the dillapadated door. Holding it shut so that the bandits may be stuck inside jsut a moment longer, allowing arrows to find their throats.






==============



Garvan tries to secure the door, to a tree or the side of the cabin if necessary. He will kill any foes that come through the door. He will wait for art and wulf to make their move first.


Sneak = 2D = 9


Last edited by Garvan on 18.10.12 16:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   

Back to top Go down
 
Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte
Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The untapped part of the brain
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1
» Mental Health : Trying to heal the mental part to eating too much
» Rob Skiba - Did Israel Really Become a Nation in 1948 (part 2 mp3 is up)
» Darkness Descending /Part One/Part Two

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: