HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   19.09.12 14:21

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 12:10 AM


Artimus' blade cracked across Cherous' face, the smaller man stumbling backwards as blood pooled from out of his mouth. He dropped to one knee, dropping his daggers as he wiped the crimson from his visage.

"This is madness..." he spoke quietly, coughing and spitting. "What will it be, mercenary? Cut my head off in this dark clearing? Kill the preacher? Dark souls in Sulkporte these days, it seems."

Cherous placed his daggers within his vestments, holding his hands up. Despite his bravado, the halfling's hands shook and he wobbled on his feet.

The preacher shrieked in the imminent silence as Midnorton's arrow dropped in front of him, Therus falling facefirst again into the mud and rolling to his side.

"Stop! Stop it! Brigands, dark assailants, bloodshed! Oh great father Magustan, when will it stop!?"

Therus rolled over frantically to his knees, hands clasped in prayer.

It seemed that for this moment, they were subdued.

[...]

Cherous eyed Artimus with a glare that betrayed his anger and pride, as the preacher collected himself and walked over to the fellowship. Therus eyed the bows held sternly in the hands of the fellows, shaking a bit as he spoke.

"What is this, captive again?" he said dramatically, and Wulfric swore he could see tears upon the face of the priest.

"Therus, we will leave this clearing peacefully, and see to it that you are healed of this traumatic experience..." spoke Cherous in a low voice, limping slightly and still bleeding heavily from his cuts.

======================

EXP: +50 to Wulf, Art, and Mid for posting.

+50 exp for completely subduing the pair.

In the interest of moving this interaction onwards, please make sure we end this series of posts with a concrete actionable.

Cheers
-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   20.09.12 0:28

His instincts grew hotter. Wulfric watched the tears pooling on Therus's cheekbones; they shone like pearls in a deep dark ocean as the moonlight met them. Were they sincere? It seemed to the woodsman that they were, indeed. Wulfric lowered his bow and his shoulders fell with it; the mood was chopfallen.

"Artimus, what do you suggest that we do here? We cannot murder them in the name of mere postulations. Perhaps it is Geiss that we should concern ourselves with..."

--------------

Wulfric lowers his weapon and implores the company for a plan to somehow benefit from our shared dislike of Geiss and his tactics. There must be some shared goal between these two and our fellowship...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   20.09.12 9:54

“Oh, tzk tzk tzk. You inzult me again, inzinuationz of murder, non non non my confuzed and broken friend. I’ve bezted you in honored combat; az you have zurrendered, I am zatizfied. Thiz iz how a duel iz played out; when we crozz bladez we zet ourzelvez to fate. Zquabbling az you did iz for women and children that will not do in the midzt of men. Maguztan haz zeen fit to raize me above you in our dizagreement or perhapz I am zimply better with a blade ether way a victor haz been named. But there iz no need for you to die, unlezz you wizh it ... non all that it’z required of you iz to learn, there are livez in the balance and you wrong them, yourzelf and your god by treating them with zuch flippant contempt.“


Artimus looked about the bodies on ground knowingly.

“Zee theze men on the ground, they met their end badly, alone in the cold muck, their livez zacrificed for what? You zeem to be on their path Cheriouz, zearch yourzelf and azk, do you truly want to join them, perhapz not today, but a week or a month from now?”


Artimus straightened himself and hardened his softening expression.

“Now I azked you zome queztionz, and it’z time to have them anzwered.”

“Which of uz did you follow

Where waz that man before he waz here

How did you know uz to be in the employ of Giezz

Or we could zkip all that, and you could tell uz the truth of how you came to be here.”


Artimus eyed the men around him judging their faces.

“I zuzpect that if you azk my ztriking friend here nicely he would zee you bandaged."


Aside to Midnorton;

“ My apologiez for trouble my friend, It izn’t my intention to zpill blood and land it on you fair handz. I would hate for thiz young one to bleed out and mizz thiz tremendouz learning experience”

Artimus proposed reaching for four golden coins and offered them to Midnorton in recompense for the bandages

“Theriuz if you have even one prieztly zkill that can azzizt our foolizh friend, perhapz you uze it now, non?. “

“Artimuz turned to Wulfric and Garvan, My apologiez for the delay gentlemen, waz there anything in the pozzezzion of theze men that might aide uz in our zearch for their co-conzpiritorz?”


Last edited by Artimus on 20.09.12 13:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   20.09.12 12:02

Garvan could still hear Artimus and Cherous bickering in the distance. Therus had tried to run, as he had anitcipated, and Midnorton had put a quick end to that. The bodies of the badnits were still warm as Garvan riffled through their pockets. Any information he could find on their corspes would help them decide their next course of action. He moved from body to body like a raven, picking at the choicest meats.

When he was done the morbid task his friends were still busy with the priest and halfman. Garvan took it upon himself to serach throguh the remains of the burnt out inn. He had no patience at the moment to listen to the screams of Therus..


*****

Garvan searches the bodies for clues or valuable and then does the same in the inn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   20.09.12 13:50

Midnorton waved away the coins offered by Artimus, "No need for that. I will do what I can to provide some first aid to the halfling. Don't hold much to my effort though. Not something I am truly use to."

With that said, Midnorton moved to the halfling, after putting away his bow. "Don't try to stick me. I'm only going to try to bandage your wound."

Midnorton rips some of the cloths off of the dead brigands and starts to wrap them around the halfling's wounds, but not seeming to provide much help.

===========

First Aid (Wit)
[Dice 1: 1]

OOC:. There is a reason why I didn't use my Heal spell, which will become clear when I actually use it.


Last edited by Midnorton on 20.09.12 13:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   20.09.12 13:50

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   20.09.12 15:11

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 12:10 AM

As the bowman lowered his bow, the priest let out a shudder of relief. Therus stood awkwardly, shaking like a babe.

"My my," said Cherous, doing his best to stand without swaying. "I might have a better conversation with an interrogator from Altdorf."

Therus suddenly interjected, his voice uneven and high-pitched.

"Please, gentlemen. There's no need for this questioning. It's a miserable night in this clearing, and we've...we've no reason to be fighting! Magustan has blessed us all with the breath of life, and there's a warm fire and a mug of cider to be had at the Seaspray. We can leave now, be there within the hour..."

Cherous rolled his eyes privately, holding his hand up as Midnorton approached to bandage him. The halfling shook his head, though there was no hostility in the gesture.

"Easy, Therus. I've nothing to hide - we've been brought to this unfortunate situation by William Geiss himself. You know this, Therus...you must forgive these mercenaries, for they act only as his hand. His daughter will likely die for his reluctance to part with the crest, for which he stands to gain much. But you know this now, to be in the nature of the snake."

Therus nodded meekly. "Magustan will judge him, this is certain."

Cherous smiled as the words left the priest's mouth. He turned to the fellowship promptly.

"I will assuage your questions, mercenary, and then we will be quit of this miserable clearing. I have been following your group of three since this morning, when you left the Seaspray. I know you to be in the employ of Geiss, because it is my business to know. I am the eyes and ears of my lord of Ost, and I know all of the happenings in the Trade District - specifically concerning Geiss. This is no secret, he is the self-proclaimed nemesis of my employer, after all. I knew of the kidnapping of his daughter days ago...word travels fast, even when William Geiss does his best to keep it quiet."

Cherous began to look annoyed as he spoke, still wiping stray trails of blood from his cheek.

"I've not a clue where Therus was before we met here. I knew he was missing - again, my business is to know - and it is not often that offshore visitors to Sulkporte, in the employ of Geiss no less, leave the city gates near twilight to head into the hillside. I followed out of curiosity, and concern...no more."

"This is what I know. You are quick to levy claims of dishonesty and heresy, but you are working for one of the most shrewd and deviant trade barons on the Sea of Claws. I've no idea who is after his famed crest, but I do know that not surrendering it to these brigands will spell death for his daughter. There are rumors of dark men nestled in those hills, and it would not surprise me if they were behind this."

Therus shuddered at the idea, and the halfling looked back towards the preacher.

"Now, will you permit us leave? What you intend on doing here is your business, but I for one would rather be in the presence of a warm hearth."

[...]

Garvan pulled himself up over the collapsed timber, careful in the darkness to not trip over the scattered debris.

A bag jingled at his side, the spoils of war that he had amassed from the brigands. With a grunt, the fisherman pulled himself up to the second floor of the burned-out inn and looked out over the hillside.

The moon beamed in his face, full and reflectant off the treetops. Miles away, the distant lights of Sulkporte beckoned from the west - taverns and girls and booze, for certain. To the east, nothing but endless dark, rolling hills and forestry.

Garvan stepped back, nearly tripping over a wooden crate buried under a pile of sopping linens. Inside, a small leather pouch clinked with the sound of gold.

================================

Cherous and Therus stand still, waiting to be dismissed.

OK lads, Garvans lootings are in the Marketplace. You may make claim to any of them. Anything that is unclaimed will be presumably thrown away.

Received some gold!

From the bandits: 88 Gold pieces
From the chest: 57 Gold pieces
Total: 36 GP each.

EXP: +50 to Garvan, Wulfric, Artimus, Mid

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   23.09.12 11:44

Before Midnorton let them leave, “Priest. I know you were not able to see, but do you think you can either trace back the way you came or give us a clue where the daughter is being held.”

He will wait patiently for the priest to answer.

To the rogue, “Our mission was to take out the kidnappers, but it was also to save the daughter. So if you know anything, please spill what you know.”

Midnorton purposely omitted that the daughter was wanted back dead or alive.

================

Diplomacy [2d6] + Charm [4d6]
[Roll 1: 6,1,6,6,3,1 = 23]


Last edited by Midnorton on 23.09.12 11:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   23.09.12 11:44

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   24.09.12 4:11

The exchange was over. Wulfric listened to the captives request to seek warmth in Sulkporte.

--------------

Wulfric thinks company should maintain watch on Therus and Cherous, and to accompany them back into town
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   24.09.12 12:16

Artimus stood in the moonlit sword-light, letting his tip drop and shoulders relent their rooked perch. The Dour hoot of an owl stuck the stone of the burnt inn, the night stalker tracking on the fringes of the dark forest at the edge of the glade. So too did the Mariner's spirit relax, not at the core, but at the fringes. His cross brow softened as he wiped his blade clean of its sin, necessary and final.

Cherious understood him now, like a lover did, suffering the sometime agony at the thrust of his will. The Halfling’s wounds would heal quickly, the cuts administered by his foil were exacting silts, not a tear or gash, the flesh would mend well. He returned words of stark truth to the Halfling.

Ah, so Giess is a snake, non? All the more reason to watch for his kind, they rarely slither alone. We Brettonians have a saying 'A man does not run among thorns for no reason; either he is chasing a snake or a snake is chasing him.' If you want to discuss the matters of Giess, Ost and the fate of this town, there will be a message at the Seaspray when the moon is high. Our intentions and that of the Merchant known as Giess are not one."

The subtle inquiries of lithe archer adeptly poised and keenly placed. Even the slightest bit of instruction could ease the task of tracking the men back to their hideaway. The priest’s heaviness would serve them well. A blind folded man always left pronounced tracks as they stumble, unknowing of the footing of each pace. As Midnorton levied his question to the muddied priest Artimus examined the daggers left by the bandits, seeing if the fittings sewn in his cloak would be suitable to their storage and easy access.
SEE EIB 1 ISLE OF LETORA.

[size=14]Artimus exchange an honest glance to Garvan, whispering.

"This is the findings from the inn, oui? These men didn't carry much we can go on....."

Artimus Paused

"This contest with the Halfling was necessary; I hope you are clear on this. I know this sets me up for much trouble, you not being a man to be left on the outside of mayhem."

To Wufric

"I don’t thing there is time to track these two. I believe that if we sing they will come, Cherious has a need to know our business so he won't resist. Besides, we need your keen eyes on our rotund friend’s steps. I have a feeling that you could follow his marks, after ten ales with an eye closed, but let’s not put that to the test this night, non? Who knows, this child of Giess may have a bosom worth a risk of our necks after all"

Artimus chuckled to himself absently.

It seemed that they would be trapsing off into the woods following a trail of holy crumbs, to a den of thieves to rescue an unwanted child. There was leverage to be had here, Artimus’ mind searched for its proper use. The players of this game slowly revealed themselves; the mariner knew there were some figures yet to be exposed. He knew well the danger these unknown placed on he and his kin, their means nearly unlimited, there ways cozened and uncompromised by mercy or morals.

The Dagger always hovered


Last edited by Artimus on 26.09.12 14:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   25.09.12 13:50

Garvan trudged back from his searching, the violet amulets reflecting the moon light from his palm. He could not make much of the symbols on them or their origin. Perhaps their guests would know.

As he stepped back into the clearing with the spoils he looked to Cherous. "What do ye make of these?" he called out as he tossed one in the air towards Cherous.

Perhaps they would provide some important information on their enemy.



======



Garvan waits to hear a response from Cherous to his questiions and mids
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   25.09.12 17:10

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 12:15 AM


Cherous caught the smooth stone necklace in his hand as the fisherman lobbed it across the clearing, the small man turning it round in his palms as he examined it.

"Means nothing to me." the halfling said simply, placing it in his pocket. "I'm sure the church of Magustan might have reference to it, if its of any affiliation with an organization of note."

Therus nodded, eyeing the fellowship.

"Regardless of our quarrel, I thank you for delivering me from these miscreants."

The priest looked into Midnorton's eyes as he spoke, nodding his head.

"Truthfully, I know only that these kidnappers sought the crest. It is peculiar, I must admit, that they seek his prized object at such a time as it is required for this deal that Geiss has brokered with the furriers guild." Therus eyed Cherous here, scratching at his chin.

"The rivalry between Geiss and Ost is legendary, but-"

Cherous interjected, shaking his head.

"We've nothing to do with this travesty. My lord Ost has his hands in all the dealings of Sulkporte, this is known. But he is not a kidnapper, nor a murderer - merely a businessman."

Therus nodded his head. "Despite past disregard of the church's interests, Ost has never crossed those lines. Oh - Magustan - I am so wearied from this altercation. Please Cherous - take me home."

The halfling nodded, the pair turning in the direction of Sulkporte. Therus turned his head once more, shouting out over his shoulder;

"You are welcome at our church when you return from your business, mercenaries. Magustan honours his fold, and our healing is second to none. In return for your service, I will make provisions for your care, should you need them."

With that, the small man and the preacher disappeared past the clearing's edge, the moon hanging above them in the dark night sky.

=================

[OK fellows, +100 exp to all for the handling of this situation without (much) bloodshed. I feared for a moment you would simply slaughter them all (tsk tsk).

EXP: +50 each for posting.

I need a concrete direction and plan of action to follow. I need marching order, I need to know how you plan on traveling (with the horses, no less)...include information about your light sources, if any, or if you plan on moving by light of the moon. Which direction. Etc.

cheers,

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   26.09.12 13:12

With the potential conflict resolved, Midnorton walked toward the area the brigands with their prisoner came from.

He scanned the ground, especially looked for the tracks the fat clergy man would’ve left in the mud as well as broken grass and twigs that would show which direction the brigands came from.

=================

Tracking [1d6] + Wit [1d6]
[Dice 1: 6,3 = 9]

Midnorton will try to track the trail left by the brigands back to where they came from. Relying on the others to keep a look out for danger while he keeps his nose to the ground.


Last edited by Midnorton on 26.09.12 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   26.09.12 13:12

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 6, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   26.09.12 13:40

Garvan rolled the amulet in his, trying to stir something from his memory. But nothing came. He had never seen the tinket before.

Who could they be? More than likely just some up and coming gang, trying to get their piece of the pie before they got killed. Not much different from the rest of us, he mused. Here we are, in the dead of night killing men for our piece of the pie. A few silvers.

Garvan started to wonder then if it was worth it at all. They had a ship chartered north and a wealthy Lord offering them more money then the simple fisherman would know what to do with. He missed his boat suddenly. Here admist the trees and the corpses, moonlight filtering through the canopy, Garvan thought of his lady in Marienburg. Likely stripped bare of her rigging by now, banging gainst a mooring in the chop of the harbour. He missed the days where he could pull a a hat over his face with his rod dangling in the water and the sun beating down on him. They were but a dream now; more of a vague feeling then a memory. He'd traded it for what? Fame. Glory. Wealth. To what end. Maybe when this was through he would buy a bigger boat and not need to worry about the money he owed Skinny Wallace in the slums...

Garvan broke out of his trance and pulled his mind away from Marienburg. Cherous and Therus had left and he relished in the silence. His companions stood around clearing, all seemingly lost in thought as well.

"We should get going if we are going to save this lass." His horse snorted beneath him, stomping one of its hooves in approval. Garvan hoped down from the beast and took the reings in his hands. The trees were too thick and dark for Spot to navigate at any speed, and besides, they only had two horses.

"All we can do is go on what we know." He nodded north in the direction their foes had come. "An' we know they are this way."

Fame and glory awaited.



==========



Garvan will be heading after the bandits (I believe Cherous told us north they had a camp) He will follow midnortons tracking using only moonlight as his guide. If anyone else wants to use any light they are welcome to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   27.09.12 9:00

Artimus cleared errant wisps of white-blond hair from his face, fixing it atop his brow with the charcoal bandana that gently corralled it into its place. The call of the own rang out again as it turned flight feathers toward the deeper forest, guiding the intentions the four men that met in the dark hour collected and calm. Four men had met there moments before, gathered to their end, a rendezvous that is rarely planned and when the time was set, never missed. He flicked the last of the bandit blood from his edge and returned it to its scabbard that rested neatly on the round of his hip.



Intermingled with the blood of the slain bandits swam to the blood of a Halfling. A sanguine hue that seemed separate and distinct. despite their quarrel Artimus decided Cherious was an honorable man, a fellow that could come to be counted as an ally, given the right circumstances. A turn in understanding that was common when men crossed swords. “Where words fail, a blade always won out” Artimus thought, pondering the brief sortie.



The mariner collected up the reins of his fresh mare, and guided it over to the gelding that stood beside Garvan. It was decided that they would be left behind; Artimus would stable them in the inn. The rotting roof would provide some shelter, and the delegated, some protection from the wild. As Artimus reached to scoop the gelding’s reins in his free hand his eyes met that of Garvans and he recognized familiar look in the grizzled fisherman’s expression, the soft and distant longing of a man separated from love.



“I know you’re gut moni ami. you’re missing the wetness of the waves crashing on your keep. You can hear her calling to you, To return to her briny shores, to set out across her darkened expanse. I know, because she calls to me too. We will be by her side again soon. “

How you say, mark my words.




Artimus grasped Garvans shoulder for a moment before guiding the horses into the inn, corralling them in as best he could and shuttered the door. Before he’d left the beasts side. He’s spoken softly to them.



“Bon nuit my pretties, I will be back, unless of course my end waits for me in that forest. She is never too far away C’est la vie”



Returning to the glade where his fellows reposed, Artimus spied over Midnorton’s shoulder. The reading of the forest was something that impressed him in other’s but was a skill that he’d never mastered himself. A trained ranger in the forest was a specter and a bloodhound. Able to hunt a pheasant through a thorn bush and disappear when a family of bears catches scent of his cooking lunch. The moonlight seemed to be lighting the folded grass well enough for Midnorton to determine the path of the men. The deep imprints of the bound and blindfolded priest were distinct enough.

As they traveled the Mariner would protect the rear flank, he pulled his bandana over one eye to shield it from the moonlight. An old pirate trick, if the moon suddenly disappeared behind a cloud or was blocked by thick foliage, he would have an eye adjusted to pitch darkness.

As they set out traveling in whatever direction the tracks dictated the mariner had a thought.

“four men came out to meet us, and four of us return to them. If we can cause them to mistake us for their men even for a moment it could give us a slight edge”

Artimus said scoping back up the back containing the false crest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   27.09.12 10:52

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 2:15 AM


[Tracking, Midnorton = 9
-3 for darkness
+1 for moonlight]


The bristles and branches of the forest softly crackled beneath their tread as the fellowship followed Midnorton into the heavy brush. They walked lightly along the path, signs of the heavy preacher's tracks reflected in the mud that the ranger caught with his keen eyes.

Moonlight guided their way, though the darkness was stalwart and progress was slow. Almost an hour had passed as they wound their way through low-hanging branches and dark thickets, following the deep impressions of the fat holyman's feet.

It was when the moon was at its zenith that they stumbled out onto an old cartpath that lead down a short slope to a small, cobblestone cottage. From a hundred yards away they espied it, nestled within the darkness of the wilds and standing with the haunting aura of a place uninhabited.

No candles glowed in the two small windows in her front, and the door stood ajar, revealing a lightless interior that they could not fully make out from this distance.

Midnorton's eyes espied the preachers tracks lead down into this small structure, but his focus did not leave the cartpath...for along the muddied path lay a fresh trail. Heavy, iron-wheeled wagon, traveling north...perhaps only hours before.

===============================

OK fellows. The cottage is about 100 yards away. You can see no activity there, and the door is swung open.

The cartpath continues to the north, into the foothills. Midnorton can see by the wetness of the trail that the wagon left perhaps only hours before, from where you stand right now.

You have approximately 4 hours until daylight.

+50 EXP to Garv, Art, and Mid

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   28.09.12 0:21

Wulfric nodded as Midnorton described the wet tracks proceeding North, and he smiled. They had made progress. Now that Therus and Cherous had meandered toward Sulkporte, their next targets were the true bandits. Had they stopped here hours earlier? The cottage was dark; untelling.

The huntsman's heart was pacing rapidly from their altercation near the old Inn. Adrenaline still rang in his veins. Something about the wagon-trail and this shack kept him him excited, and his curiousity was in full thirst...

-----------------

Wulfric advises Artimus and Garvan to enter the cottage initially while Midnorton and himself follow closely behind, ready to cover them with bowfire. Will search the cabin thoroughly and then proceed, following the wagon track
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   28.09.12 10:17

The night air murmured as the forest played it’s evening serenade. Crickets trilled and intermingled in the sweet chirping notes of the Greenhind Frogs, calling from shrubs. A Barred Owl hoots loudly from somewhere above. Another hoot rang out moments later far off in another direction the two hooting their solemn excitement in vocal reunion. The darkness had fully unfolded and Artimus could feel they had sailed past the midpoint of the eve on the sea of time.

The Mariner spied the cottage and exchanged glances with the to rangers guided their night’s trek.

Seeing the emptied light and the doors open gape, that invited the forest inhabitancy to explorer it’s innards he decided that their way was ahead

“Let uz prezz on fellowz, our markz have left. For every moment we wait it iz a pace that they are away”

He marked pointed to the cart path.



‘I expect we can hurry the pace. The path iz well marked”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   28.09.12 10:25

"Aye." Garvan murmered through the darkness. "Im with pretty boy. Nothing in that cottage, 'cept maybe death. I say we press on. Take advantage of the dark while we got her on our side." He peered up at the moon and frowned, they did not have much time left.

The thick tracks that twisted away into the forest made the fisherman warry. The bandits might have a large camp with a conciderable force if they had wagons and supplies coming in. "Art. I like your idea of making like t' banidts. Mayhaps we only got 5 seconds before they realize we arent who they think, but thats enough for a quick man to sink a blade into someone."


===========


Garvan wants to keep going, if its up to vote then it comes down to Mid. Im not sure if we took the bandits gear or anything but I think art had a good idea with pretending we are the 4 bandits returnign with the seal.

If no one is opposed, we press on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   28.09.12 14:17

Midnorton glanced down at the wagon tracks, “They should be easier to follow and maybe we can catch up to them. But I won’t hold my breath. But at least we will know where they are heading.”

Before he began to follow the new tracks Midnorton suggest a quick search of the cabin, “I’ll start following the tracks. Maybe a quick search of the cabin for any clues of how many and who they are will be left.”

With that said, Midnorton starts to follow the new tracks…

=================

Midnorton follows the wagon tracks.

Tracking [1d6] + Wit [1d6]
[Dice 1: 6,5 = 11]


Last edited by Midnorton on 28.09.12 14:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   28.09.12 14:17

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 6, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   28.09.12 15:17

Artimus nodded to Midnorton assertion, a quick check couldn't hurt ... could it?

"Could I borrow you're Tembre (torch) Mon ami for a moment"

(assuming Mid gives it)

Artimus lit the torch with the flint and tinder he caried with relative ease, drew his blade and headed towards the cottage cautiously while the ranger dou scouted the path ahead. Artimus and Garvan could catch up quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   01.10.12 13:51

Fellowship - Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 2:20 AM


Artimus and Garvan


Artimus approached the cottage with caution, Garvan following closely behind. The mariner poked his head through the entrance, allowing the lit torch to cast its radiance upon the interior.

The room was sparsely decorated, an old wooden desk and chair sitting idly in the northwest corner. A variety of casks and bottles were strewn about the floor along with various piles of refuse, and a half-stocked bookshelf leaned precariously next to an old hearth that had obviously remained unlit for quite some time.

From the doorway, the mariner could see several papers strewn across the desktop, a leather-handled dagger sticking out of the wooden surface.



Midnorton and Wulfric

The two bowmen skirted the northern tracks for a short distance, watching them fade away into a narrow, forested path 100 yards ahead.

Wulfric casted an earnest glance back at the cottage, watching as Garvan and Artimus leaned through the door.

Something else caught the huntsman's eye. A pair of cellar doors located on the northern wall of the cottage lay chained shut, leading down into the earth beneath the hovel.

=====================

EXP: +50 for total party post

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   

Back to top Go down
 
Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The untapped part of the brain
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1
» Mental Health : Trying to heal the mental part to eating too much
» Rob Skiba - Did Israel Really Become a Nation in 1948 (part 2 mp3 is up)
» Darkness Descending /Part One/Part Two

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: