HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   11.09.12 10:11

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 2, 4, 3, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 5, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   12.09.12 17:02

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 11:42 PM


The cloaked figure watched as the sack landed on the ground in front of him, a scowl traced across his face. The decorative wheel spilled out from the sack from the inertia, laying exposed in the moonlight.

The subtle beam of light shone on his compatriot from Artimus' mirror, but this was not lost upon the brigand who immediately yanked upon the rope connected to his charge. The fattened daughter stumbled forward, but a scream echoed across the clearing as an arrow embedded into his back.

The daughter slipped in the mud, falling face first downward, her head flailing madly.

[Midnorton, Arrow HIT]

The brigand's partner looked around wildly, as if expectant of a different circumstance. He floundered in the mud as Artimus charged towards him, his steed kicking up earth as the crossbow bolt embedded into his leathers in the confusion.

[Artimus, GLANCING HIT (0 damage)]

=====================

OK-

The daughter has fallen to the earth, the rope dropped by the brigand hit by Midnorton's arrow.

MIDNORTON: You miscalculated damage, you need to add your MIGHT dice to your Bow damage dice! Make sure to fix that.

Artimus, you're charging forward on your steed. Are you actually looking to run over the second brigand? If so, that's a Ride check. If not, you can attack him with your sword at -1D to hit (for being mounted) but +1D damage (due to the momentum).

GARVAN AND WULFRIC: You are both entitled to an additional attack this round (Garvan, you need to roll damage / you can use your dice rolls from last post), because you didnt attack this round.

EXP: +50 Ea.

COMBAT IS IN THE FIENDS & FOES
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   12.09.12 17:37

OOC: Ah... yeah. Forgot to roll my Might to the damage roll. So will roll it now and update the previous post. Damage done becomes 16.


Last edited by Midnorton on 12.09.12 17:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   12.09.12 17:37

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'DAMAGE' : 5, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   12.09.12 17:46

Midnorton saw he wounded his target and was glad he dropped the rope, but knew the risk of him charging the hostage was still high. As he hoped to finish him off, he fired off two quick arrows toward him. He watched one penetrate his armor but watched the second one be deflected by the armor.

Annoyed he didn’t finish off his target, he hoped Artimus could keep both of them occupied so they don’t think about using the hostage. With this thought in mind, he readied another arrow…

=============

Bow Attack 1
[Dice 1: 1,5,2 = 8 vs. 6 Dodge (HIT)]

Bow Attack 2
[Dice 2: 4,2,3= 9 vs. 6 Dodge (HIT)]

Damage 1
[Dice 3: 5,4,4,1 +2 = 16 - 13 DR = 3 damage]

Damage 2
[Dice 4: 1,4,1,2 +2 = 10 - 13 DR = 0 damage]


Last edited by Midnorton on 12.09.12 17:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   12.09.12 17:46

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 1, 5, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'ATTACK' : 4, 2, 3

--------------------------------

#3 'DAMAGE' : 5, 4, 4, 1

--------------------------------

#4 'DAMAGE' : 1, 4, 1, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   13.09.12 1:48


The hunstman heard the whirring of arrows and his mariner companion swayed atop his horse. It appeared that their enemy had arranged an ambush similar to that of their own. He wondered whether or not Midnorton had spotted the archer...how many hidden attackers rifled through the woods tonight to fire a shot into Geiss's chest? 

The Sulkporte locals had loved to blather about Geiss's abundances of weath; of his store chambers and glimmering vaults. They envied him and so they desperately loved him. He claimed to know every soul in that heartland. Was this where his social ranking had brought him?  Into a world of treachery and ransom? Into deals and bartering darker in nature than the very midnight of this exchange? Wulfric was sad for the Geiss girl. Perhaps gluttony ran in the family lines, whether it was for riches or otherwise. 

Wulfric became cold as the thought passed through him like a ghost. He gripped an arrow and felt the sensation of another man's death ringing through his fingertips....


-------
(Still no internet, using phone, so keeping it brief. Will roll tomorrow at work comp tmrw or you can roll for me LK)

A) Wulfric searches for source of the arrow that glanced Artmus

B) If Wulfric can detect either of the Archers near Garvan, one folly of arrows will be fired at them and the others at the remaining thug. If he can only sense the captors currently engaged with Artimus, he will use all attacks on them and seek extra cover from Garvan's direction where the ambushers fire from
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   13.09.12 11:07

Arrows flew through the night air making final the choices of men desperate and bold. He couldn't see where the red fletched arrow from his potshot had landed, likely buried in the earth or perhaps it had nestled in one of the ample folds of lady Giess's boddice.

The matter of the arrow was moot. His hand was already upon the etched grip of his blade a familiar vestage it spoke for him when all the words had been said. It wrote sonnet in cursive saguine. Tragedies, epics even a comedy or two, his blade had written them all. What would this midnight eves tale be, penned amoung flitting junebugs and cracking saqeedas.

The mariner urged his horse forward to the ransomers deticating his blade to the neck of the brigand on the left jerking heavily on the riens. Bringing his mount to a stop in the center of the fray. If arrows were to be volleyed at him the would bare a more than even chance of hitting one of his foes.

Artimus' blade ushered forth by arm and beast bit into the unfortunate bandits collar bone splitting sinew and vein. As the man stumbled back from the blow Artimus could see it was fatal. He would leave this earthly realm in moments, and greet whatever was beyond the pale.


Last edited by Artimus on 14.09.12 9:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   13.09.12 11:07

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 6, 3, 3, 6

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 5, 1, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   13.09.12 11:43

The trap was sprung. There were many factors that Garvan had no knowledge of. Whether Artimus had moved the girl to safety, if their party had attacked first, or if there were other archers elsewhere raining arrows upon his companions. Two things he was sure of: There were two men infront of him and they were enemies.

White kunckled fists gripped his trident and Garvan charged forward through the dark forest, screaming as he went. He felt sorry for the two men that never saw their death coming. Cold steel shadows would pierce their organs and that would be all they knew.


-------------------------------


Rolled DMG in combat thread
I killed Bandit 3 and killed Bandit 4. Twice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   14.09.12 12:24

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 11:49 PM


The scene unravelled quickly, and within the cast of a shadow the hooded brigands lay strewn about the clearing, gored and unbreathing.

Midnorton and Wulfric emerged from the clearing, Garvan leading his horse out to meet Artimus. Four bodies, plus the fifth, who was now standing in the mud. Geiss' daughter reached up with fattened, sausage like hands, tugging at the rope-tied bag around her head and struggling with it.

With a great rip it came free, black ringlets appearing through the burlap as she tugged downward madly, revealing a cut, rosy face and a giant black beard.

"Curses! Magustan curse them all!" gruffed the stout man standing in front of them, furrowing his brow at the startled party.

He froze, staring around at the dispatched bandit.

"It appears my divine assault is tardy this night, for I've unexpected saviours, to whom I bestow the blessing of Magustan as your reward."

The priest waved a hand, walking round the clearing as he disposed of the burlap sack.

"I am Therus, ordained priest of Magustan. But of course, you've heard of His greatness, naturally. Captured by these brutes three nights past! Shame on them, attacking a man of the cloth while he saw to his cups. But death always follows the impious like a plague, after all."

He stared curiously at the fellowship, frowning.

"I must confess, I expected to see Geiss here in person. After all, his dear Cilianna is still being held by those cretins somewhere in the wooded hills yonder, and I expected he would be anxious to exchange that foolish trade talisman for the life of his beloved..."

Therus' eyes fell upon the spilled sack, and the falsehood contained within. A dark look spread across his face.

Wulfric heard a rustling in the woods behind him, and he swiftly nocked an arrow and spun on his heel, taking aim at a short, thin figure that suddenly entered the clearing. He was a halfling, clean-shaven and clad in dark leathers with ornamental fur trim. He walked with his head high, and took no notice of the huntsman.

"It is true, Brother Therus." said the newcomer halfling, who had stopped at the edge of the clearing. The moonlight pooled about him, as he smirked at the fellowship.

"I heard word of your disappearance from the brotherhood, when I paid my respects to His greatness this morning. I knew Geiss had commissioned some...mercenaries to do his dirty work, and I suspected I might find you here. Naturally, I followed them to make certain you were alright."

Therus stared at the halfling, a look of suspicion crossing his face.

"Cherous, I wasn't aware you honoured Magustan..."

The halfling cut him off, pointing down at the spilled satchel.

"Of course, your holiness. But I fear it is a tragedy that we have upon our hands here, that Magustan would certainly not entertain. Geiss has sent a private company lowlier than his house guards to retrieve his daughter, and not even sent the article of ransom. It seems he is more shrewd than even my Lord of Ost believed him to be, in his eternal generousness and manner of acceptance."

Therus nodded slowly, staring again in disbelief at the satchel.

"What is the meaning of this, fellowship? I thank Magustan for providing your arms for salvation, but this atrocity is beyond cruel. Our clergy cannot associate with a merchant who might trade his own daughter for such trivialities. Surely, he must be a wicked man."

=================================

You are in the clearing with Cherous (approximately 20 yards away) and the priest Therus.

EXP: +100 to Wulfric and Midnorton for posting early (midnight madness!), +50 EXP to Garv and Art

Combat EXP: +100 each, for defeating the brigands so brutally!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   14.09.12 14:08

Garvan spat onto the dirt, clearly unimpressed. The gluttonous priest somehow managed to pull himself off the ground as Garvan leaned on his trident, the prongs still sticky with blood. He noted that none of his fellows moved to help the cow up.

"Don't thank your God, priest, thank me. You're saved. Now carry yourself back to town." He made a wide sweeping gesture back in the direction of the town.

Garvan looked then to the newcomer, "As for you halfman. What business 'ave you got following us?" Garvan pulled the trident from the soil and marched aggresively towards Cherous. "Our business with Geiss is our business. We aim to save his daughter and collect our reward. If you an your God 'ave some issues with Geiss take it up with 'im and leave us to our business." The fisherman did not appreciate being referred to as a 'lowlier company'.

The chestnut stallion Garvan had named Spot, on account of its spots, gave a snort of displeasure as he urged him forward with a quick tug of the reins. The great beast clopped forward and Garvan stuck his foot into the stirrups before vaulting into the saddle.

The fisherman glared down at Cherous from his seat, "If you would be so kind as to point us in the direction of Geiss' daughter it would be appreciated. You'd be welcome to help if you're done quiverin' in the bushes." He let out a quiet chuckle.

Before Garvan gave Cherous a chance to respond the horse spun around to face the rest of his party. "What's the plan lads? Shall we go rescure this lass? Mayhaps she is pretty after all."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   14.09.12 20:53

Something didn’t quite feel right about the fat priest and the halfling. Midnorton could feel it deep within his nature. Because of that, he didn’t lower his guard and kept his bow at ready incase either of them made a suspicious or hostile move.

“There is more going on here then we were told by our employer and these two. We still need to go after the daughter, but I suggest we question these two more before we let them go.”

Understanding it was an act of bravado, Midnorton didn’t like the idea of Garvan turning his pack on the halfling. The fact he was able to follow them and remain hidden means he was probably a skilled rogue and it was never good idea to leave your back exposed to those types.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   17.09.12 9:41

Artimus could read from Midnorton’s footing that he wasn’t the only on that didn’t trust these ‘pious’ men. The Mariner could feel his stomach squeeze slightly; it was the kind of intestinal distress that could only be invoked by cheese two months past its day... that or a betrayal, two or three levels deep.

Theruz, you zeem oddly dizpleazed to zee that we do not hold the zigil of Giezz. You muzt know that your captorz never had any intention a fair exchange. If they did, why would they have brought you to thiz darkened clearing, beneath thiz burnt inn? You’re clearly not an eazy man to tranzport... due to all the piety of courze. How did you know to except uz to have the zigil at all? The men that accozted you, where did it occur? Did you know them or their voicez? Were you held with the Giess Girl? If so how did she seem? ”

Artimus motioned silently to Wufirc, who was just now striding out of the darkness, a dear friend, a deadly ally and an agent of the wildness that was in all men. The Marnier’s intent was clear, take hold of the fur tipped rogue.

Once Wulfric had a hand upon Cherous shoulder, Artimus would press him further.

Cherouz, let’z drop the Charade, your ztory holdz lezz water than you mother’z womb. It iz time to zpeak plainly, for if you zplit wordz, I will zplit hairz... Oui?”

Artimus said with a measure of weight and dread in his voice.

“Which of uz did you zay you followed and where waz that man before he waz here? Alzo, would you do me the pleazure of how you knew uz to be in the employ of Giezz at all? Oh and pleaze, do not bother lying, it tendz to infuriate my friend here.


The blade gripped softly the steady leather clad hand of the Brettonian; still dripping with brigand sanguine withdrew any doubt to his serious intent.



( Artimus has his blade drawn, waits for Wulfric to have a hand on Chorous before questioning him and waits for Therus to answer Garvan’s question before pressing his. Artimus will not allow anyone to leave without answering.)


Last edited by Artimus on 17.09.12 10:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   17.09.12 12:51

Wulfric detected a mistrust amongst the party and began eyeballing Cherous. It had bothered the woodsman, being followed like some unknowing doe. He approached the halfling, moving surely but in a relaxed way, as one cautiously approaches a new pup.

"Hello, new companions. I am Wogric, woodsman from the Wastelands. It seems you have stumbled into quite a mess...let us be acquainted, and then we may speak candidly".

-------------

Wulfric purposely uses a false name, one that is similar enough so as not to dissuade Cherous, seeing as he may have been overhearing their conversations. He will go for a handshake, which will quickly become a grapple


Last edited by Wulfric on 17.09.12 16:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   17.09.12 15:59

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 11:54 PM


Cherous looked unconcerned as Wulfric edged closer, the halfling making no visible move to withdraw his dagger.

Cherous spoke again, his airy voice disguising any hint of anger.

"You make many demands of me, stranger. Some might find that hostile." A curt smile emerged across his face. "I wouldn't come any nearer, Wogric... we've plenty of room in the outdoors, you see." The halflings left hand deftly disappeared within the folds of his leathers.

The priest, however, was quite through peeling mud from his robes, and he looked at Artimus with contempt.

"Oddly displeased of this turn of events? Well naturally," he said with a sneer. "The church of Magustan values family and blood above even profits, and Geiss' flippant response to the kidnapping of his daughter paints his piety in poor light."

Therus moved towards the halfling, dusting himself off.

"I know nothing of the men that captured me. It was late, and I had attended an evening in the Trade District hosted by your Mr.Geiss himself. I left for home, fell in the street, and remember nothing until I awoke in a dank cellar. I was fed twice a day by these men that brought me here, though they spoke not their names. They told me that I was to stand place for Geiss' daughter in a hostile exchange, and that once Geiss had given them the crest she would be released at a separate location-"

Cherous cut the preacher off, visibly impatient.

"Enough, father Therus. You need not explain yourself to these men. You lot have dumbly stumbled into the salvation of this man's life, and for that I am sure he is grateful. But we all make mistakes, gentlemen..." Cherous looked quite smug in his delivery.

"It is my business to know the happenings of Sulkporte, and you made your entry into Geiss House more obvious than it might have been. I estimate Mousill will grudge against his broken arm at the very least, the poor oaf. Regardless, this evening is through - Therus, I know you will be anxious to counsel our friend Geiss to arrange an alternative surrender of the crest for his daughter, as the poor girl is surely terrified and no doubt her captors will know by now that her treacherous father has double crossed them."

Therus nodded, and moved to leave.

"You have my thanks for your protection, felllowship, but your employer is at fault. I am afraid the days of support for the Geiss Trading Company from the church of Magustan have come to an end. Come, Cherous. Please help an old preacher to his home."

"Of course, good priest. Lord Ost will be pleased to know you are safe."

================|

Wulfric (Wogric?), cherous did not move to shake your hand in the slightest.

The two are turning to leave to return to sulkporte, unles syou have any objections.

EXP: +50 each

Cheers!
-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.09.12 9:39

Non non non non non non non non non non, Ztop right zhere. Theruz you maybe a piouz man but theze men are not.. If they had the girl at another location, why bring you at all. Did you zeen the girl, iz there any indication at all that they have the girl.

I’m afraid It makez no zenze mon ami, none at all. They not having zpoken to you other than to tell you their plan, it iz a farce. They would not have zhared their plan with you unlezz they had other motivez.

They never had any intent on making a trade, rezt azzured had we not intervened, you would be dead zigil or no. They are kidnapperz, not clergy.

Artimus turned to Cherouz, lifting the point of his foil to an angle matching his jugular.

I would not go another ztep with thiz Cherouz. He knew where to find uz Theruz. How would he know that? Even if he did follow uz, which zeemz unlikely how would he know to do zo? Thiz man intendz to zubvert the truth and pozzibly your life.



You are right Cherouz there have been zome hoztile actionz, but they were not ourz queztionz, they were your clearly nefariouz intentz, and refuzing to give explanation for them. You are clearly an agent zet againzt uz, and a poor one at that. You would not have known who we were or our charge unlezz you are zomehow involved. We made no inquiriez and did not make ourzelvez known. I had a mind to give you chance to explain, but it iz now clear what you are. Bezidez, you’ve made the zad miztake of inzulting me and I can’t allow you to leave with my honor intact.



I izzue you the challenge of fair combat, En Garde



(Artimus waits three beats for for Cherous do draw his blade and defend himself, no more. )



Attack with sword 6d+2 19 to hit

Damage 6d+2 22 to damage



The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 2, 2, 3, 6, 4, for some reason damage didn't role 6 dice even though I said six, so I will roll another in 1d and add it. came up five, see combat for it


Last edited by Artimus on 18.09.12 11:11; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.09.12 9:39

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 2, 2, 3, 6, 4, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.09.12 10:45

Midnorton merely stood his ground and watched as the others talked and positioned themselves for potential conflict. His ‘danger sense’ was still going crazy and he debated with himself on whether or not he should make the offensive move. But when Artimus challenged and charged the Halfling, that made things easier for him.

Midnorton prepared and arrow and aimed at the fat cleric. “Don’t do anything foolish. I’m sure I will be able to get an arrow through your throat before you could do anything.”

================

Mid has his bow trained on the fat cleric will fire if he does anything that looks hostile or suspicious.


Last edited by Midnorton on 18.09.12 11:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.09.12 11:02

Garvan let out an audible sigh. He was hoping Artimus' pride hadn't been pricked too much. The fisherman was more then willing to let the two strangers dissapear into the night. Certainly, tying up loose ends would not hinder them, however. Although he could not perceive any threat from the man at the moment, Garvan had experienced first hand where misplaced trust could cause problems down the road. And besides. Garvan didnt like Cherous anyways.

Truth be told it was the priest he worried about now. If Cherous were to perish, what would it mean for them if they were to let the priest live? Perhaps Geiss would see fit to pay them for his capture in order to retain his relationship with the church...

Sitting tall on his trust Spot, garvan spun the beast towards the men. He would watch as they squared off amid the clearing. He knew how much his friend loved a good duel but he kept his pistol within reach just incase...




==========


Just chillin', watchin a good fight. Obvy if fat man tries to run ill chase his ass down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.09.12 16:52

Wulfric snarled at the tiny clean-shaven man. There was a saying among men, one that Wulfric was taught to memorize in his younger years. He spoke aloud as he remembered it, and his voice boomed over the dark field:

"Friends will hug and be merry. Acquaintances shake hands. Foes do not touch, until weapons are drawn".

-------------------------

Wulfric raises his bow and fires if there is any backlash from the halfling or the preist
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.09.12 18:20

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 11:59 PM

Cherous' eyes flashed as Artimus charged forward, a shriek erupting from the preacher's lips as he stumbled backwards and fell into the mud.

The mariner flew past the fallen clergyman, his sword pointed and unwavering in the face of the nimble halfman.

"Surely you can't be seriou-" but the halflings words were scarcely from his lips before he realized his threat. Swiftly, the small man pulled two fierce-looking daggers from his coat and crossed them above himself, catching the mariner's sword in riposte.

The blade cut down, slicing the small man's wrist above his leathers.

[Artimus hit, 19 vs. Parry 9]
[Damage = 9 (22-13)]

"You fool!" shrieked the halfling, blood pouring from his wrist and running over himself. He spun away from Artimus, responding with swift strikes to the mariner's midsection.

A wickedly curving blade slipped bast Artimus' defense, cutting deeply into his side. The halfling spun again, nearly imperceptible in the light as he struck out at his enemies' back with a long dirk.

[Cherous, attack 1 vs. Artimus (@-1D for dual-wield) = HIT]
[18 damage - 11 DR = 7 damage]
[Cherous, attack 2 vs. Artimus (@-1D for dual-wield) = HIT]
[9 damage - 11 DR = 0 damage]

The dirk scratched harmlessly off of the larger man, the halfling springing backwards and entering a defensive stance.

"This is imbecilic! Drop your sword, fool - or I'll end you."

Therus stared wild-eyed at the turn of events. In a panic, the fat preacher stumbled about in the mud and turned towards the brush shrieking, his fat legs moving under him as he ran (presumably) as fast as possible in the opposite direction.

===========================

EXP: +50 EXP each! Well done guys, keep posting errry day!

NOTE: Combat is now in the Fiends and Foes.

Cherous is continuing the fight
Therus is running
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   19.09.12 1:30

Wulfric stared wide-eyed at the halfling's agility. The mariner staggered with him in battle as the fat man sought woods and shadow. Wind blew high above the trees and the evening seemed to swirl, black and confused. A camp of bats spun overhead; starlight blinked. The woodsman quickly felt uneasy and thought about Cherous's reaction. It had not contained any guilt or doom. It did not ring of that at all. Had the company cast an erroneous light on these men?

Words came:
"Stop now, Cherous. You've displayed your skills well, and they are fine indeed. The mariner has been brash, and you too have been bold. Yes, that is fair to say. And it is also true, is it not, that there is no way either of these parties stand to benefit from this childish confrontation?"

Wulfric raised his bow confidently at the stumbling fat man.

"You know that I wish not to kill a 'man of the cloth....'" (his bow stayed straight and sure, set for the heart of the preist.

"Yet, if you do not desist, I'll be forced into something I may one day regret. Do not make me do such a thing, Cherous. The preist should live, shouldn't he? Should he not he be spared?"

--------------------------

Wulfric threatens to kill the Preist if the halfling does not step down
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   19.09.12 9:12

Artimus scoffed at the Halflings words.

"
You inzult me further, you truly do not value your life at all, do you? I am your better; admit that and I'll relent my attack."

Between sword strikes Artimus yelled to the priest.

"Priezt, it iz your place to overzee thiz duel? Why do you run? You have nothing to fear. Haz thiz whole izland forgotten the way of the world?"

"Do not interfere mon ami’s, this is fair combat protected by law. I will see this to the end”

(OCC, I'm very confused at these guys reaction to this challenge. why would the priest be running?)

Artimus sees the man is no match and starts hitting the halfling with the flat of his blade

Sword 6d+2

Damage 6d+2



Cherous is at 1 hp

“You are beaten, Zurrender “
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   19.09.12 11:58

Midnorton watched the fat priest start to run and let him go for a little bit before he fires his arrow above him, letting the arrow pierce the ground a few steps in front of the fat priest, so he could see it.

"The next shot priest will be in your back. Continue to run and you will die."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   

Back to top Go down
 
Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte
Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The untapped part of the brain
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1
» Mental Health : Trying to heal the mental part to eating too much
» Rob Skiba - Did Israel Really Become a Nation in 1948 (part 2 mp3 is up)
» Darkness Descending /Part One/Part Two

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: