HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.10.12 16:28

The member 'Garvan' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 6, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.10.12 19:09

Midnorton nodded at Artimus and went about setting up position to watch and be sniper when needed on the wall. He prepared his bow and readied many arrows to fire as he crouched down as he made his position hard to see.

He watched Artimus, Wulric and Garvan go about their duties as he stood watch.

==============
Stealth
[Roll 1: 5,3,2,4 = 14]


Last edited by Midnorton on 18.10.12 19:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   18.10.12 19:09

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 5, 3, 2, 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   22.10.12 10:40

Garvan - The 3rd of Septem, 3:08 AM


Garvan crept towards the door, cringing as his feet crunched upon fallen leaves. He cast a glance around before sidling up aside the longhouse, but it appeared that he remained undetected. What dark sentries lurked in this cursed courtyard, he could not ascertain.

The fibrous rope rubbed harshly against his hands as he secured the door.

Midnorton, Wulfric, Artimus - The 3rd of Septem, 3:08 AM

Artimus clambered down the wall landing softly, as Midnorton and Wulfric spoke in hushed tones above him.

"Midnorton, I'll keep point." muttered Wulfric quietly. The bowman winced, pulling back his leggings to reveal a black-and-blue ankle.

"I've twisted it in our approach; allow me to cover your advance."

Midnorton swiftly followed Artimus towards the longhouse, the mariner nearly taken by surprise at the soundlessness of the marksman's footsteps.

Glancing at Garvan, Artimus could see that the door was secure. With a breath, he silently hoisted Midnorton onto the roof, allowing himself to be pulled up afterward...

[...]

Quietly, the pair lurked across the hole-ridden roof. Artimus' crossbow was loaded, and Midnorton had his bow in hand. Cautiously, they approached a spot betraying the soft glow of a lantern from beneath. They peered in...

Beneath them they could see two men sitting upon overturned crates surrounding a larger one, an improvised table. An iron lantern rested upon it, casting a glow around a game of dominoes.

The room was as large as the longhouse, its only feature a heavy-set pair of doors upon the floor, with great ornate handles. They clearly led into some form of cellar.

The men did not speak, quietly placing their game pieces upon the table and gazing around anxiously. Two maces rested aside them, and they were clad in heavy leather armor.

================================|

Garvan is on the north side of the longhouse, outside of the door. Midnorton and Artimus are both on the roof, gazing down into the longhouse where two guards sit at a makeshift table aside a massive set of double doors leading into some form of cellar.

The rest of the courtyard is dark and unlit anywhere, and as such it is difficult for Midnorton or Artimus to see anywhere to the south/east/west of the longhouse.

EXP: +50 each

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   22.10.12 15:19

[Information for Mid and Artimus]

The two guards can be hit with a DC 6 attack roll, their defenses do not come into play.

However, their DR is 9, so in order to damage past their leather armor you must exceed 9 damage]


-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   23.10.12 9:03

A heady mixture of happiness and disapointment fomented on the face of the Bretonian who peered through the apature in the roof of the longhouse. Two men, only two. A skilled shot from Midnorton's bow and a lucky one from his crossbow would see these two men to rest. But where were the others? Artimus had expected two dozen more. He'd hoped to press this advanatge against the entire 'garrison' of coluding co-cospiriators. In war, one rarely got what one sought.

True for these men, that was sure.

Any advantaged offered should be taken, lest it be revoked. A cruel reprimand for petuous minds.

Artimus taped midnornton who stood shoulder tro his shoulder then pointed to the two and finally drew his finger across his own throat. His motives were clear

Pointing his crossbow, artimus let out a soft wistle.

**fiu**

The sounds pittered out, no louder than the cou of a morning dove.

When the gaurd lifted his head to seek out the noise, he would find no landed nightengale, no couing partrige, but a dark raven of sharpest means and this black bird would find it's roost deep in the crags of his exposed neck.

squeezing the trigger the bolt flew true.


Last edited by Artimus on 23.10.12 10:02; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   23.10.12 9:03

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 1, 2, 5

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 4, 3, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   23.10.12 12:21

Midnorton gazed down at the two guards when Artimus tapped him on the shoulder and showed the kill sign. He nodded and took careful aim at the guard Artimus didn’t and unleashed he bowstring.

**twang**

The arrow flied true and entered the guard’s back with tremendous force.

=============

Bow Attack
[Roll 1: 1,6,3,6 = 16 vs. 6; HIT!]

Bow Damage
[Roll 2: 5,6,5,3 +2 = 21 - 9 DR = 12 damage]


Last edited by Midnorton on 23.10.12 12:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   23.10.12 12:21

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 1, 6, 3, 6

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 5, 6, 5, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   23.10.12 13:53

Garvan was crouched near the door, peering into the blackness. He could see no one lurkign behind him, but that did not mean they werent there. Above him he heard his companions loose their missles into the long house. Just two. He waited. That must be a good sign.

He nodded up to Wulfric and received no warning from him. Garvan took that to mean the huntsman had nto spotted any foes. With his trident grasped firmly in his hands he waited by the door. Anyone trying to exit would be promptly imapled upon its prongs.




====================



Garvan is gaurding the door as planned. Should Artimus and Mid enter the long house he will remove the rope and enter with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   23.10.12 18:45

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 3:10 AM

Midnorton and Artimus loosed their arrows simultaneously, the projectiles tearing through skull and bone in tandem. The shots were critical - with no more than a morose *thud* the guards collapsed onto themselves in a heap, their brains skewered by barb and shaft.

Securing the grappling hook, Midnorton and Artimus cautiously descended into the longhouse, the warm light from the lantern inviting them down to bloodied floor.

Seconds later, Garvan's head poked through the door, the fisherman walking through quietly with his rope in his hands.

The longhouse smelled of horses and dung, and the cold bite of the air permeated its sparsely insulated interior. It was perhaps fifty yards in length, and no more than twenty wide. Various wooden crates were stacked aside piles of hay, and it appeared that it had been used as a stable more than once.

The cellar doors were situated ten feet away from the makeshift table where the dominoes still lay in play, covering what could only be some form of passage into the earth.

===============

Exactly as it sounds, fellows. Cellar doors.

Make sure to explain in detail what you're doing. I'll take your narrative as your word.

Also, it's -very- helpful to me if you format your post as:

[narrative]
======
[actions taken]

Most of you do this, just make sure.

EXP: +125 to each, for the auspicious assault of the longhouse. Like ghosts, y'are.


-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   24.10.12 11:22

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem,



Having lowered himself to the wooden floor of the long house Artimus stepped over the pooling crimson of brain and gore and leaned over the table. Snapping up a tile, he tossed the domino from his mark’s side of the board and caught it in the air. Gripping the tile for a moment he considered all the unfinished things that lay in the peripherals of a man’s life. Moments unclaimed and tasks left for another day.

A day never to come.

Artimus placed the tile.

Finhe whispered with a small grin.

In a hushed tone Artimus remarked to his eagle eyed companion.

Perhapz theze men hold a clue to the operation here, a note reading ‘our zecret plan iz...’ would be ideal, but I fear it will not be that eazy mon ami

Just then Garvan popped through the door rope in hand, Artimus bowed to him with a sarcastic arm flourish that indicated Midnorton and his handiwork had ended the men. The mariner strode over to the angler of Marienburg and extended his hand. Taking the rope we walked to the cellar door, and tied it shut. Then he took one of the chairs that the guard had been sitting on and braced the door. One never could be two careful. He then turned his attention to the boxes stacked with the hay. Utilizing the point of his dagger Artimus pried open the lid to see what contents they held in hopes they would gain some insight on the kind of operation they hand stumbled upon.



===============

Dominos, tied cellar door shut, braced door with chair, opened box, SWAG’d, takes a handful of clean hay.


Last edited by Artimus on 24.10.12 14:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   24.10.12 11:47

[Artimus, your crate loot is in the marketplace]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   24.10.12 12:51

Garvan quickly closed the door as he entered the long house, careful not to make any noise. His senses were immediatley assaulted by the smell of horse and musky hay. As he truned to see Artimus searching through the various crates he saw but two bodies. Dark syrup draining from their corpses onto the floor - suddenly grateful for the over whelming smell of horse.

Without a word to his companions he began to search the bodies. If Geiss' daughter was held captive below, it would be fitting that one of thse men would have a key. He noticed how unnaturally calm he was as he dug throughs pockets and patted down the corpses. The fisherman disliked how disconnected and unhuman he felt but kept searchign regardless.

After this was done, and Artimus had barred the door, he crept to the cellar door and palced his ear agaisnt it. Listening for any clue of what might lie beneath.



===========


Garv searches the bodies and listens at the cellar door. He will inform his friends of what he hears and then will remove the rope and proceed into the cellar at the lead (hes got msot health) He will have his trident as his weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   24.10.12 14:10

Midnorton climbed down the rope to enter the building and looked at the handy work of dispatching the two guards. He moved over to them and pulled out his arrow from the dead man and examined it before he cleaned it and returned it back to his quiver.

He watched the work of Artimus of barricading the cellar doors and then as he looked through the crates. Then as Garvan went to listen at the cellar doors, Midnorton moved over to the entrance to the building and slightly opened the door to peek out to make sure the slight noise of the guard’s deaths didn’t bring some unwanted attention from anyone from outside.

============

Moved to the doors leading outside of the building and glances outside for anything ‘suspicious’
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   

Back to top Go down
 
Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte
Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Similar topics
-
» The untapped part of the brain
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1
» Mental Health : Trying to heal the mental part to eating too much
» Rob Skiba - Did Israel Really Become a Nation in 1948 (part 2 mp3 is up)
» Darkness Descending /Part One/Part Two

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: