HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   28.08.12 16:03

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 10:35 AM


A thick glass of frothy ale was delicately placed onto the table in front of Wulfric as a prim and trim serving maid gave him a curt nod. She was tall and blonde, with a blouse that was laced up to her neck and long, draping sleeves that nearly trailed in the beer that she deftly deposited in front of the fellowship.

The Seaspray Tavern was an antiquated inn of finery, with beautiful gargantuan portraits of great shipping vessels gainfully placed about the 50-foot high common area. There were easily fifty dining tables about the great inn, with a bar that was long and made of polished wood.

It was unlike any tavern that any of them had encountered in Marienburg, and was certainly built on the back of many, many years of prosperous trade in Sulkporte. It was early still, but at least a quarter of the tables were still full with richly attired nobles and traders from all over the Sea of Claws, talking business and enjoying the steeply priced breakfast entrees.

Midnorton's stomach rumbled as a platter of braised quail and a massive sausage omelette walked by the table, piloted by yet another elegant and dignified serving girl. Nothing like the wenches in Marienburg, to be sure.

It was still early in the day, and Midnorton's purse was heavy with the 500 coins he had been advanced by Lord Brahnzik. Today, perhaps they would dine in splendor.

==========================

As per Garvan's request, the fellowship has found its way to the Seaspray Tavern. Given your travelers garb, you are a little out of place in the elegant locale, but the servers have not treated you poorly because of it.

A note: your breakfast will cost you 10 gold per plate (braised quail and sausage omelette), plus the ale (2 gold a tankard).

The tables are full of the crowd that can afford to eat late breakfasts. It's a sleepy time of morning for the inn, and as such is not completely full. Still, there is a healthy attendance of clientele.

Quickly recapping your agreement with Geiss:

* 1000 for the manifest
* 2000 for the task of either returning his daughter, or confirming her death (which must be inevitable). (500 paid upfront)
* The Ransom is to be collected by Geiss, alone, 4 miles east of Sulkporte in a burned-out inn at Midnight.

NOTE: Now is a great time to hit the Marketplace for anything specific you're looking for. I'm giving each of you the 125 gold that Midnorton took from Geiss

EXP: +50 each
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   29.08.12 0:47

Wulfric cherished the brew; its handle, cold in his palm. The smell of meat in the civility of afternoon. The hunstman smiled.

"Let's order up fellows," he mumbled, eyes unwavering from the barmaids that spun around the room. The smell of breakfast was always a glorious one to Wulfric. For 2000 gold, the hunt was about to begin. He salivated. Dish heaps every so often occluded the smiles of the maidens and as they bustled around the room, Wulfric thought.

-----------

'nuther phone post. So does Geiss actually plan on being there to pick up his whore of a daughter, or is he just paying us to figure out a way to bring her back while he sits at the trade-house

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   29.08.12 10:46

The herb encrusted pheasant filled every corner of the Seaspray tavern with a heady aroma of fragrant seasonings. Artimus could place some of the spices, Basil from Kemas on the coast of Tilea, Randive from Estiela, likely from Magritta from seasoning and what he was guessing was white peppercorns. It was the kind of menagerie of redolence that followed the access of a port town such as this one granted and opulence of its success in commerce that it afforded.



Sulkporte had flourished.



There was a distinct absence of another aroma that seemed to penetrate most of the taverns in the old world in degrees varying from subtle to dizzying. That of filth and rot; whether it was the slop bucket that lay beside the dish pit, the stink of shit carried on the boots of the townsfolk or simply the little bits of fetid potato that fell from the crusted beards of ale-ed men, deep into the spaces floor boards. The plague of rats had secured in the town a vigilant cleanliness. Every floor was swept daily, pantries locked tight with door brushes made of coarse straw and grains stored away in sealed cauldron. It seems that once you’ve been ankle deep in vermin and unable to bring food from your plate to your mouth, you grow cautious.



Artimus didn’t just notice the grime wasn’t there, he relunctantly missed it. With all his lustre and shine, he too was a little dirty, a little filthy and somewhat tainted. There are certain marks that do not wash off. Not that the mariner had tried particularly hard. Sometimes it felt like the bits of muck were what held together the shiny bits. Moreover, that every good man had at least a little grime under his nails, and any man that didn’t appear to have that small requisite amount, was himself , entirely full of shit, with only a thin veneer of white.



Slowly consuming the well seasoned bird, and savouring the succulent sausage Artimus considered his fellows. They were in danger. Not that safety existed in the world for men like them. But this danger was more immediate. More pressing. The dagger that dangled over them was known to him, perhaps even caused by him. He considered the manifest. Had Artimus not been on the north sword, Garvan would have still gathered the manifest, brought it to Giess, likey accepted the offer to rescue Giess’ business deal and ‘rescue’ his daughter. It was reasonable, and this reason eased the onus of his guilt to share with them everything.



His lips began moving before his mind summoned them.

“The Ozt trading company that contendz with Giezz, iz not zimply a rival trading firm. But one of many zhellz uzed by a very dangerouz alliance of ... evil men. They are zingle minded, ruthlezz and without mercy. I do not believe Giezz knowz what he iz up againzt.”

He paused looking among his fellows faces and lowered his voice even further, the weight of his statements were obvious and the candour of his tone uncommon.

“ Zpecifically here in Zulkporte, there are three men I believe to be operating under their guize. They are all deadly in their own way. Oreg Qualtrough, They call him The hammer, He iz muzcled, cruel and loyal, he only comez when called upon. Hiz ztrength iz unrivaled. Allanon Vecchiarelli iz a Tilean and mazter zwordzmen. You will make him by hiz mizzing ear... They call him the blade. Finally, and perhapz mozt deadly Ubochi Cadoo, he iz called the black, and he could be iz az evazive az the nightz wind, he could be in thiz room right now and you would not know until hiz knifez took your life and he would be gone before your body met the floor. Once more he can take on the appearance of almozt any perzon. I’m don’t know if thiz iz through dizguize or dark magic. Functionally it doez not matter. “

“I tell you thiz only to prepare you, if theze men are involved in thiz kidnapping. It may be beyond uz. We need to finizh thiz tazk and leave thiz izland immediately.



Artimus paused, hoping he could leave it at that, but the expectant eyes of his friends told him otherwise.



“I know theze men becauze they make up the circle of death... and they zerve the Merchant of Death Verdi de Vecci, az I once did... and you zhould fear them az much az I do. For az they hunt me I believe zoon they will hunt you azwell.If we are to face one, or all of theze men. We muzt be prepared. Gentlemen we will need all our guile.”

There was certainly more to tell, but this was not the place for it, too many secret words had already been exchanged .

Artimus asks of his compaitroits what thoughts they have to turn the situation in their favour. Artimus suggests. Traps, smokebombs and for the meeting with the kidnappers digging a pit for someone to pop out of gaining some surprise.


Last edited by Artimus on 29.08.12 12:57; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   29.08.12 10:59

Midnorton struggled hard to prevent his hunger to show by saliva dripping from his mouth. The smell of the quail and sausage was almost overpowering, but he managed to control himself. He couldn’t let himself look so unrefined to the bar wenches.

He placed 12 gold coins down for the hearty breakfast and ale and gave his world famous smile to the bar wench as she came by to serve them. “Mornin’ love.”

As the wench blushed and retreated to get his order he finally looked at the others. “That situation almost became hairy. But at least we got out of it for I’m sure our captain would be very displeased with us if we got wanted by the authorities which could pose trouble to our ship and docking rights.”

***

After he ate his delicious meal and sipped his ale, only then did he talk about the job. “We shouldn’t try to get too fancy with rescuing the maiden, sometimes making things too complicated will lead to failure.”

===========

Glad you changed your font size Artimus, when I first read your post, I had to copy/paste your dialog (due to the font you use) just to be able to read it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   29.08.12 12:51

The smell of egg and sausage wafted out from behind the bar and filled the inn with a robust aroma which made him feel all the more hungry. Young serving girls dashed around the morning patrons, trying to deliver meals while avoiding reaching hands and sunlight beamed in through the large ornate windows making the warm inn even warmer.

Garvan gasp for fresh air as he lowered his flagon to the well maintained table, the head of his ale still clinging to his upper lip. It was a comforting environment. I could get used to this, he thought. The citizens of sulkeporte were all feasting an drinking, and here the fisherman of Marienburg dined with his fellows enjoying a cold beer. It felt very lavish indeed.

"Alright Lads. So we have half a day to do what we can.," He leaned in slightly and spoke in a lower tone, "Giess is set to arrive alone an' we best not be seen." He took another swig of ale. "If these kidnappers have 'alf a mind they will show up early to rule out and trickery, so I think itd be best to get in place earlier than we might have normally. Early bird so to speak." He looked then to Midnorton and Wulfric. "As you two are blessed with the eyes of an eagle, it might be best that you find an 'iding spot and survey the meeting with arrows knocked. Now I was thinking maybe we could have some sort of call. Artimus and I could lie in wait in the nearby trees. If we got two horses we could minimize the risk of the kidnappers escaping should we be found out." He leaned back in his seat now, beer hovering below his mouth. "I think two horses is a small investment for 2000 gold coin, eh? What do ye think boys?"



===========


didnt realize arty had posted. Garvan is going to suggest the same plan regardless. Digging a whole is a decent idea but we have 14 hours minus the time the kidnappers arrive, I assume they will be early. Also we risk giess being killed if some the kidnappers fall down a hole and trip out. I think the hidden sniper/horse chase plan would work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   29.08.12 17:01

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 11:00 AM


Empty plates piled in the middle of the large oaken table as the fellowship leaned back on their haunches, enjoying the feeling of fullness settling in their stomachs. The serving maiden came by with a curt smile, deftly pocketing the gold pieces on the table and picking up all of the used platters in one fell swoop.

It was a late breakfast, to be sure, and in their surprise the fellowship noticed that the inn had grown even more busy over the past half hour. It seemed that the wealthy of Sulkporte had begun filtering in for an afternoon lunch course.

In low voices the fellowship planned, scarcely noticing as the slender serving maiden returned and silently slipped an envelope under Garvan's hands. She smiled, saying politely "a porter dropped this off with the barman, for you" and walked away to another table.

The fisherman stared down at the envelope, which had not been sealed with wax. Folding it open, he read the eloquently lettered words, written in dark, dry ink:

"Rats are not welcome in Sulkporte."

=============================================

OK fellows, we're going to get to the actionables here.

I need specific actions you plan on taking between now and whenever you plan on leaving town. - Remember that all purchases and little side inquiries (like playing a game of gambling or talking to someone specific or whatever) can be made in the Marketplace.

Be aware that Geiss has no plans to accompany you to the pickup site, and that you do not have the crest in possession. Obviously hes hiring you to keep himself and the crest out of danger.

The letter is unsigned and unmarked.

If you have any questions about Sulkporte, feel free to check out the list of locations I posted in Cartographers Roundhouse.

+50 EXP To all

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   30.08.12 10:54

Reading the cryptic note over Garvan’s shoulder.

"Rats are not welcome in Sulkporte."

A strange letter. A threat? A warning? Was it truly intended for Garvan of Marienburg.

He would have to think on it on the move.

Standing up slowly Artimus dropped ten gold pieces, having not had any ale this morning. The Mariner couldn’t let his guard down, even for a moment.

“I will see to the horse, if you gentlemen will be laying in wait you’ll need something to signal us”

He said sliding his hand mirror across the table.

where ever you make your nest, closer to the town side I’d think, I’ll place the horse opposite so that when your arrows fly they will be driven towards Garvan and I. Perhaps you two should set yourselves in different bushes, to create confusion and panic when we make our move. You will see us arrive from your positions, we will appear as if we’re travelers leaving town, signal me once with the mirror”

“Depending on how many men, I may go out to meet the ransomers with a false Crest to lul them into a sense of misplaced ease. We will see on the hour they come”

“We are counting on your shots to be fast and true, do not forget to signal me.” Artimus stated placing a gloved hand on Midnorton’s shoulder. Oh and take heed, we are being watched.



“Don’t get me killed; it is one of my least favorite things”

His piece said Artimus made a B-line for the back door and entered the alley. As soon as he was clear of the tavern he ran down the alley, and darted into the next intersection and down another alley, coming to a stop in a darkened nook, waiting for five or six minutes.

Perhaps he wasn’t being followed. Perhaps he was. Suddenly the mariner found himself a cautious man.

His heart beat fluttered at the thought.

Stamina (3D+2) + 0D


Stealth (2D) + 1D




Actions continued in marketplace


Last edited by Artimus on 30.08.12 10:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   30.08.12 10:54

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'SKILL CHECK' : 4, 2, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'SKILL CHECK' : 1, 5, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   30.08.12 11:12

Garvan folded the parchment back up and slid it across the table to Artimus. He waited until the Mariner peeked at its contents before syaing, "What about mice, aye?" He attempted a laugh but the gesture was riddled with what might have been fear.

The fisherman eyed his empty flagon on the table and briefly concidered getting a refill. This was not Marienburg however and he was not going back to fish aftwerwards. There was work to be done. His chair groaned across the floor as he stood, "Well lads, Im off to see a man about a horse or two. Everyone get what you need and meet back here this evening. Make sure you have enough time so that we can set up near the location..." He turned to leave but paused to say: "And watch your backs. We are probably being watched."

Garvan tightened his coin purse to his belt and strode out the doors of the tavern into the bustling streets of Sulkeporte...



===================================



Garvan is going out to get supplies and will return to seaspray tavern aroudn 7 or 8. I know im technically splittign the party but the next psot will be un meeting again righT? so tis ok?




Goddamnit Artimus.... lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   30.08.12 12:20

Following Artimus plan, Midnorton finished the last few drops of ale left in his mug before he got up and headed out the front exit.

While on the street, Midnorton walked casually walked around exploring the city until a few hours had passed to waste time and to calm his nerves. When midnight got closer, he took more care of his surroundings and slipped into the shadows to begin his journey toward the spot he would meet up with the rest of his group.

He waited in the shadows as he watched for the appearance of his companions before they would head for the ambush location.

================

Stealth
[Roll 1: 2,4,3,5 = 14]


[LK's notes: The ambush spot is 4 miles east of town, and you're not supposed to be there until midnight]


Last edited by Midnorton on 30.08.12 12:48; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   30.08.12 12:20

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 2, 4, 3, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   04.09.12 21:47

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 9:00 PM

It was around eight o'clock that Garvan, Artimus and Wulfric found themselves outside of the Seaspray tavern, in the bustling town square through which the upscale denizens of Sulkporte socialized and dined upon the low seawall that overlooked the brightly lit harbour.

Midnorton was nowhere to be seen, having left prior for the eastbound road.

Together now, the fellowship set off for the eastern gate.

[...]

Midnorton spotted his companions approaching from afar, and he slipped deftly out of the shadows to greet them. The fellowship found themselves approximately two miles outside of the town gates, in the heart of the farmlands that surrounded Sulkporte. In the hills to their south, they could see the fading lanterns of the strip of farmsteads they had left behind, the vast fields extending off as far as they could see.

To the east, the fellowship could tell that the cartpath would be leading them into the wooded foothills where the burned-out inn would be.

With haste, they departed.


Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 11:00 PM

The inn was easy to spot, as it was perched on a hill ahead of them in a shadowy copse of tall trees. The moon was high in the sky, full and bright, and it illuminated their destination with the dramatic shadow befitting their precarious task.

The ground was uneven and untravelled, and it was clear that not many made their way through these foothills often. The cartpath had long ago become overgrown with weeds and tall grasses - truly an ideal place for such a shady exchange.


===============

[OK fellows. You find yourselves on the south side of the inn, approximately 300 yards away from this burned-out inn. From this distance, you can see that it is severely overgrown with plants and trees, and though it was once a two-storey the roof and top floor are severely compromised.

The cart-path you are on leads back west, from where you came, and also continues on eastward, though admittedly it is scarcely more efficient than heading off a random direction into the bush.

There is a moderate amount of tree-cover around, though it is not so overgrown that travel in the clearing around the inn is slowed. There are some dense patches of trees and bushes on all sides, however.

Off to the north, you can see the foothills giving way to a more elevated chain of forested hills, rising up well above the horizon by your viewpoint.

The moon is quite bright at this time of night, and is full.

EXP: +50 EXP to Mid, Art, Garv
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   05.09.12 0:33

[Before Leaving Sulkporte, Wulfric hangs back at the bar. Upon leaving, he asks the bar-man about the Porter]

"Greetings Mr. Bartender, sir. Much thanks for the fine ale", smiling kindly, still red in the face. He then leaned on the bar, furrowing his brow. "My fisherman friend just left, and he was expecting an envelope of sorts from a porter all evening. What can you tell me about this man? Do you know 'im? I just don't know what my friend is getting himself into these days and I vowed to protect him since he saved my sis on a rig once, but that's a whole 'nother tale and I'm sure you got drinks to pour here...

[As the company arrives at the site of exchange]

Thickets murmured, wind stirring in the overgrowth surrounding the Inn. Wulfric squinted and his eyes peirced the dimness for a suitable rock, bush or tree that could cast a cover of blackness against the moonlight. 

The woodsman remained poised, for Garvan's plan was a sound one. As long as Geiss's story held up as he told it, Wulfrix was confident in the company's advantage. Stalking low through the field, he set off from the company to the North.

------------------(phone post)--------

Wulfric first tries to gather information about the envelope; he agrees to Garvan's attack plan and sets up shop approx. 140 yards away from Midnorton in equal radius of the Inn. He will choose the northern-most angle, as the land ascends that way. All of the while he will keep watch and listen for the opposition...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   05.09.12 9:32

Midnorton scanned up and down the sight of the ambush and tried to visualize how the combat will break out and proceed. After careful deliberation, he moved over to a tree.

Upon there, he took his bow out and laid it against the tree’s trunk and then placed 2 arrows down into the ground, head first for easy reload time.

He then reached around and picked up fallen leaves and ripped some grass off the ground to cover his body to help camouflage him. With that done, he carefully picked up his bow and prepared another arrow to be fired as he leaned against the tree’s trunk and waited…

==================

Stealth
[Roll 1: 3,5,6,2 = 16]


Last edited by Midnorton on 05.09.12 9:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   05.09.12 9:32

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 3, 5, 6, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   06.09.12 12:37

The made slowly made their way along the rough path. His horse clopped along obediently, navigating the twisting trail with ease. Above them the burnt out shell of the old inn gloomed above them ominously in the bright moon light.

Garvan pulled his newly aquired harmonica from his lips and tucked it back in his pocket. He had been playing with it on their journey, trying to remember the melodies he used to play in the harbour of Marienburg. It had been a few years but the motions returned to him quickly. The absence of his poorly tuned attempts at music made the sudden quiet very apparent. The trees whispered around them as the wind blew and the horses hooves echoed off the cliffs.

Garvan kept his voice low as he spoke, "Alright lads. Everyone keep quiet and settle in. Try your best not to fall asleep." He leaned in then to Artimus who trotted at his side. "You be safe. Keep your hood up and try to look like geiss. Heh. Soon as I 'ere trouble I'll be on you. You two keep your arrows trained on our foe." He slid down the side of the stallion and took the reins in his hand as he began to lead the horse up the cliff.



==================


Garvan is going to lead the horse deeper into the forest and chill, tryign to keep the horse quiet and himself out of sight. He will be out of eyesight of Artimus but will keep his eyes and ears open for foes. If he hears trouble or when he gets the signal and wulfric and mid fire he will enter the battle or pursue the kidnappers on horse back.


DICE

Stealth = 4
Spot = 11


Last edited by Garvan on 06.09.12 12:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   06.09.12 12:37

The member 'Garvan' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'SKILL CHECK' : 3, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'SKILL CHECK' : 5, 4, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   07.09.12 10:45

Artimus sat atop his newly acquired gelding his hood had been drawn deeply covering his face. He shifted sided to side as the fresh saddle wared with his posterior. It’s freshly toned curves were distinct, not broken, they were firm having not had time to wilt with age, the saddle was also stiff.

Artimus situated himself at the corner of the burnedout inn in the middle of the path, he wanted to be visable from a distance, so that the kidnappers might feel safe... in control. Not that he or his fellows had perticular charge of this moment. In truth moments like this were the children of choas, and it was chaos that commanded them. One could only hope to navigate the great icebergs of failure and death like a sloop running scrimshaw back south at the tail of the warm season.



The sack full of falsehood resting on the horses bridle just in front of him. Just under it, laid a small crossbow, loaded and ready for visitors. He eyed the tree line closely, knowing that Midnorton could see much more than he could from his vantage. The proximity to the building gave him some solace, an obstruction between him and flinging arrows. Should things go wrong, as they certainly would, there was at least a means of escape.



Artimus waited patiently, taking even measured breaths. When the kidnappers arrived, he would tell the thugs that he had come in Geiss’ stead, and offer them the crest, but they would have to release the girl before he handed it over. He hoped they’d let her go even a few steps before they discovered the reuse and pulled the wagon wheel from bag. It would be a shame if it was one of her rescuers arrows that took her life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   10.09.12 11:50

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 11:40 PM


The wind howled through the trees as the moon bathed the clearing in light, Artimus sitting atop his horse as he surveyed the scene.

The burned out in loomed above them, and suddenly from out of the shadows two darkened figures emerged. Billowing cloaks covered their faces, and they strode out carefully towards Artimus.

Behind them walked a third form…a captive. A rope lead from the leftmost figure to a fat, hooded being that walked pitifully, stumbling over itself.

They halted, a low voice calling out at them.

"The crest, Geiss. Throw it here, and your daughter will be freed."

Artimus spoke in his confident tone, relating to them his proxy to Geiss and the instruction for the girl, first.

"Geiss couldn't come to rescue his own daughter?" chortled the hooded man. "What a surprise. No, I think not, stranger. You'll throw me the crest, and I'll cut the girl loose. Else, I'll slit her throat and take the bag from you myself."

[…]

Garvan surveyed from the treeline, his breath echoing in his ears as the horse stood silently beside him.

Suddenly, the rustling of bushes spun his head round. Not 15 yards from him, he could see two figures skulking through the treelike…drawn bows in hand.


======================

The two thugs are roughly thirty yards in front of Artimus. On the west side, the two bowmen survey the scene. On the east side, Garvan hides with the steed.

EXP:+50 Each

OK guys, lets have a strong week! Cheers
-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   10.09.12 15:03

Garvan crouched to the ground as he was alerted to the sounds behind him. Two dark figures drifted silently through the forest, the noise they made scarecly distinguishable from the wind blowing through the trees above. He could not make out many details, despite the moonlight, but the they did have bows that much he was sure of. They would be the bandits insurance, he surmised.

His heart was racing suddenly he noticed. Having been waiting silently amongst the trees for a few hours his eyes had begun to grow heavy but he was alert and focused now. Garvan did not want to strike too soon and alert the bandits his friend was certainly in negotiations with, but when weighed against Artimus catching an arrow in the neck it seemed markedly less important. Should he alert the shadowy figues he was confident Wulfric and Midnorton's arrows would fly true to protect Artimus.

Like a cat stalking it's prey, Garvan crept forward through the darkness, his trident reaching out infront of him like bared teeth...



==============================


Garvan is going to follow the archers at a safe distance leaving his horse where it is. He is going to try not to be spotted and will not strike until he receives the signal from his fellows. He will however engage the archers as soon as either of them knock an arrow. Upon attacking he will also make himself heard so that mid and wulf know shits hit the fan and they should fire.

DICE

Stealth = 2D6 = 7

POLEARM ATTACK1 (4+2-1=5D6) = 17
POLEARM ATTACK2 (4+2-1=5D6) = 13

I will roll dmg in the combat thread should the need arise


Last edited by Garvan on 10.09.12 15:05; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   10.09.12 15:03

The member 'Garvan' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'SKILL CHECK' : 4, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'ATTACK' : 6, 2, 2, 1, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'ATTACK' : 5, 2, 3, 1, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wulfric

avatar

Posts : 33
Reknown : 5
Join date : 2012-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Bewdley

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   10.09.12 15:32

The woodsman stooped in the growing dim. The company had made contact with the ransomers, and Artimus was already captaining the exchange. Wulfric laid in wait and rolled an arrowtip in his palms, patient and quiet.

----

Nothing has changed, Wulfric waits for any indication to attack and continues to search his surroundings for any danger of ambush -- PS LK can you update what Wulfric could gather from the bar man about the porter?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sunsplittermusic.bandcamp.com/album/gone-years-lp
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   11.09.12 10:00

Artimus sucked at his teeth as he considered the conditions proffered by the hooded man.

Well, you give me little choice, but to accept your termz”

he said flatly, the sound of false surrender marinating his words.

Holding the bag loosely with his right hand he held it out for a moment before tossing it on the ground half way between the two parties that stood there, bathed in the moon light.

A very clever plan gentlemen, really quite imprezzive.

Artimus quipped as he pulled the small hand mirror from where it waited, tucked in his belt.

Uzing Giezz’ .... Lovely Daughter to obtain hiz crezt, zully hiz buzinezz, your employer muzt be a zhrewd competitor in the zhipping buzinezz, no? Perhaps you'd consider working for me, you're obviouzly capable men and I pay very well.The Mariner offered, hoping his words would expose their motivations, or at least distract the men from their task.

As he casually spoke Artimus furtively siphoned a moon beam from the night air guided it to the chest of the man on the right of the two.


“It doez, lean on a very important precept, a zupport you’re counting on holding the roof of thiz plan from toppling on your head. I hope you’ve conzidered itz footing... or perhapz itz better you have not

Artimus paused, his free hand floating back to the swell of his saddle where the crossbow sat out of sight.

Holding the mirror steady it’s mark Artimus hoped that his compatriots read the sign and were already knocking their missiles, ready to let fly. Like Angels who carried with them the redemption of continued life.

The silence grew thick.

Artimus gloved hand slithered onto the trigger. His next move would be reactive. He sat poised, waiting for the first arrow to meet the moons mark. He would respond with a second arrow to the man on left. With arrow loosed in flight he would urge his horse into a charge and draw forth his blade in preperation to cut down any would survived the first volley. Giess may not care if his daughter died, but Artimus would see her freed if such a thing was in the stars.. Contemptible shrew or no, it was the principal of the thing.



Attack:Crossbow [(2D) + 0]: 9 (close range)

Damage: 3D+2: 12

Ride [(3D) + 0D]: 9

#1 'ATTACK' : 4, 5

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 5, 1, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'SKILL CHECK' : 4, 5,


Last edited by Artimus on 11.09.12 15:09; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   11.09.12 10:00

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 4, 5

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 5, 1, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'SKILL CHECK' : 4, 5, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   11.09.12 10:11

Midnorton waited patiently as Artimus and the brigand talked when he finally spotted the signal as he looked at the ‘maiden’ and frowned. He thought to himself, Why couldn‘t she have been at least thin, didn‘t need to be attractive, but thin would‘ve been better than fat.

When the signal was finally given, Midnorton was somewhat reluctant to ‘save’ the maiden, as he felt she wasn’t really worth it but a job was a job.

He took careful aim at the apparent leader of the brigands, the one that did the talking, and lets loose an arrow.

His arrow flew through the tall grass as it approached it’s victim…

==============

Bow Attack
[Dice 1: 2,4,3,4 = 13]

Damage
[Dice 2: 5,1,5,3 +2 = 16]


*** lol.. Midnorton is so shallow.


Last edited by Midnorton on 12.09.12 17:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte   

Back to top Go down
 
Part II: Midnight In Sulkporte
Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The untapped part of the brain
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1
» Mental Health : Trying to heal the mental part to eating too much
» Rob Skiba - Did Israel Really Become a Nation in 1948 (part 2 mp3 is up)
» Darkness Descending /Part One/Part Two

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: