HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 In Pursuit Of

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: In Pursuit Of   29.01.13 18:45

Fellowship, 4th of Septem, 7:44 AM

The wagon wheels creaked as Artimus reclined in the drivers seat of the covered wagon bearing the Geiss Trade Company sigil on the side. Garvan smoked his pipe beside him, the fisherman bundled in his cloak as Midnorton lay atop the wagon, the morning dew settling over his skin and clothing.

The two young horses pulled them along the shoddy old cart path headed north out of Sulkporte, a slightly overcast day obscuring the sun but keeping the last vestiges of summer heat within grasp. With one eye on the path and another on the quiet treeline, Artimus guided them forward.

Fellowship, 4th of Septem, 8:22 AM

A small abbey loomed into sight up ahead, the wagon trundling along at a slow pace. A large, stone Abbey welcomed them, surrounded by a wrought-iron fence with a small cart-park situated in the front.

Nothing disturbed the calm; it was clearly a quiet place, without the bustle of the temple of Magustan in Sulkporte. Artimus guided the cart to a stop in front, the doors to the Abbey shut, and not a soul in sight to welcome them.

================

EXP: Midnorton and Art, +50 EXP

A map is attached. I'll be drawing a lot more maps in the future Smile

-LK

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   31.01.13 19:47

The sturdy pair of horses whinied a fleeting protest as the wagon crept to an eventual halt. A pipe full of ash floated leisurely to the ground. It’s once rich and burly flavor dawn out by the stern lungs of the marine, just as the approaching winter began to steal the life from the land. Leaves rustled and the clomp of boots softly murmured the secrets of the summer’s denouement.

Artimus unraveled a mock list of the good he carried. The manifesto wasn’t completed but it was accurate enough. A ordered stock of items that an abbey might receive. He looked over for a final time before re folding the note and placing it a fold of his ashy wolf skin cloak.

The Mariner posing as merchant glanced back at Garvan, seeming deep in thought, or half dozing and Midnorton who.. .well there was no telling what was in the twiggy man’s eyes that stared so deeply, perhaps into the woods, perhaps somewhere deeper.

“Let uz zee if the father iz at home, zhall we?”

He approached the fence, rod iron black and uncompromising. If it would give way to his efforts he intended on laying fisted glove to door, if not he would as commonly as a stroll through a marketplace, circle around to the back, and search for an unlocked door, a sign of life.

a hope
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   06.02.13 19:19

Fellowship, 4th of Septem, 8:26 AM

Artimus's shadow was cast across the door in front of him as he raised his fist to hammer upon the door. The early morning sunlight trickling through the clouds was warm upon his back, and the silence of the churchyard was almost reverent.

But there was a pause; just before his hand struck the heavy oaken doors of the abbey, a faroff sound demanded his attention.

*CCKKKKK*

Artimus froze for a moment, listening intently.

*CCCCKKKKKKK*

The sound was the same sucking, desperate sound that one heard in an alehouse, a drunkard slurping the last of his ale from the bottom of a heavy stein.

It was coming from afar; perhaps behind the abbey, echoing throughout the wooded clearing that housed the small church of Magustan.

It was just then that Artimus heard a sound from beyond the door. A sudden movement. As if someone was shuffling their feet over to the door.

But he hadn't knocked.

=====================

EXP: +50 Art
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   07.02.13 13:54

Garvan laid with his head back, closed eyes reaching for the sky. It was a lovely day and the Fisherman was brimming with the spirit of adventure. Being in the city even for a day or two had left Garvan feeling cooped up and incompetent. It was not the great sea, but while following the snaking road north of town he had experienced anticipation and childish wonder; he saw it in his companions too.

Warm smiles accompanying distant stares as the fellowship peered over the approaching horizon. Garvan wore that same smile now as he let the sun soak into his face. Artimus had gone toward the abbey but the fisherman paid no heed. He reached his pipe again to his lips and took a long pull, silently recalling a tune that had played at the SeaSpray in the nights before.

So enthralled was he that he did not hear the strange noises coming from the church. So tranquil, he did not notice the anxiety growing on Artimus' face nor the ominous dark approaching...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   07.02.13 17:44

The sun trickled down through the sky heating the autumn air, sweetening the heady aromas. For a moment considerations of the life of a traveling merchant, filled with country faces, slowly moving landscapes, and honest acclimation of monies. Perhaps in another life the mariner would have lived such as peaceful life.

Artimus raised hand to meet the entrance of the Abbey, gloved hand hovering over oaken portal, the sound approaching footsteps emanating from beyond the holy doorway giving him pause. Then another sound sludged out, his hand still hanging between cause and task turning hesitation to pure confusion.

His gazed to the left of the building, as if he craned his next hard enough he would see through stone and wood to the something beyond. Sadly no all-seeing gaze was gifted to him in that moment and he found himself torn between his chosen path, and investigating the odd noise from the back of the abbey.
In that moment he felt trapped.

His curiosity over took him, and he darted around the left of the building towards the odd noise, moving as quickly and silently as possibly.

Stealth 2d+1d



Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   07.02.13 17:44

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 5, 4, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   07.02.13 23:11

Fellowship, 4th of Septem, 8:30 AM

Artimus crept alongside the abbey, soft footwork falling amidst the shadows as he gazed around the corner of the stone-and-wood building.

Behind, in the sunlight, a marble mausoleum stood before a quaint cemetery, smooth headstones glistening in the morning sun. The grass was beginning to fade from its vibrant green and the wildflowers had died from a week or more of overnight frost. Still, the dewy pasture that housed the dead was unremarkable.

Artimus was about to turn round, when a vague shadow from beneath the mausoleum caught his eye.

*CCCKKKKKKK*

The throaty hiss echoed across the clearing at him, the inner working of adrenaline beginning to course familiarly through the mariner's veins.

From out of the shadows and into the sun, a tall, wispy greyed figure stumbled. Its jaw was slackened, the whites of its eyes staring forward with no sense of purpose, legs moving in near automation as it stood still for a moment.

Plodding, it turned to its left, walking in what seemed to be a trance, before turning round and heading back in the direction of the mausoleum.

Aimless.

======================

The thing that artimus sees approximately 100 yards away is humanoid in stature, but ragged and slow-moving.

EXP: +50 Art/Garv
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   08.02.13 16:42

Artimus took pause as the shambling figure came into focus, shifting his weight onto his heels. His handed floated preternaturally to meet the blade that was hidden deep under his cloak. Though he couldn’t see it plainly the creature seemed unnatural... unearthly.

Whatever this was that was going on at the Abbey, it wasn’t the work of Magustan. Something was very wrong. Artimus considered closing the distance to this figure, sword in hand, but sense gave him pause. He didn’t have enough understanding to the matter. Gathering his casual composure he moved back to the front of the Abbey, scroll in hand. He would return to the guise of merchant with ordered supply delivery in hopes of learning what foul plot was afoot here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   11.02.13 18:29


The mariner faded back into the shadows, moving swiftly along the front face of the abbey and reconvening back at the door. His knuckles rapped upon the door once again, returned immediately by a gut-wrenching sound from the other side of the heavy wooden porthole.

*GRAAAAAHHHHHHCKKKKKK*, the guttural moan echoed through the wood, followed by a wild, frantic pounding.

*SLAM*. *SLAM*. *SLAM*.

====================

EXP: Artimus +50
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   13.02.13 16:42

Garvan jolted upright. The hairs on his arm unfurled like the legs of a spider and his breath caught in his throat.

SLAM SLAM

That sound again, threating the peace that had so recently enveloped the dozing man. Artimus was moviing hurriedly about the abbey facing the door and Garvan cursed himself for being so careless.

Try to take advantage of some peace and queit for once...

He lept from the wagon and landed on the hardpack with a soft thud. His trident was in his hands before the sound came again. He moved with purpose towards the flamboyant Mariner his mind already settling into its' old habits. Thoughts that were more emotion then intellegence flooded his mind. Thoughts that might be most easily described as PANIC or FRIEND or ENEMY or KILL.

Garvan took his place behind Artimus and awaited what might await them beyond the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: In Pursuit Of   

Back to top Go down
 
In Pursuit Of
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: