HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 

Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artimus

Reknown : 8

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   11.01.13 16:57

Winding his way through the bustling city Artimus ducked through alleys and under passage way. He hopped a fence and around a back stair. He paused for a moment leaning against into a darkened, lighting a pipe and pulling thick gobs of smoke his lungs. He held it for a beat or so before blowing a series of rings, poking his finger through them, one after the next. The path he took wasn’t the fastest too his destination, but it was the safest. A few light taps on the clay brick and the pipe was emptied and the mariner gone before the ash hit the ground.

The cloaked Brettonian continued his serpentine route until he found himself at the rear entrance of the smith’s shop. Artimus circled to the front taking note of the familiar black door iron studded and sturdy. He wondered who would be foolish enough to break it down, knowing the owner would be well armed on the other shop. Flower shops now there was a safe mark. Turning the handle he heard the deep rotation of a heavy locking mechanism, an upgrade since he’d last past through this door.

Apparently some thief had been bolt enough to gain entrance to pilfer something in the night, that or the lock had rusted from the salty kiss of the sea.

Passing through the door Artimus unbuckled his scabbard and placed it on the smith’s front counter.

“Bonjour monsuier, My blade is in need of sharpening, if you had the time to do the work...” Artimus stated evenly.

The Burly Smith looked up through the haze of heat that blasted out of his roaring forge. He stoakedthe beast a moment longer before seeing to the cloaked man. The smith was large and stern looking, his body bore many marks visiable around his arms and shoulders. Some were clearly scars from burns. Searing errant metal was an occupational hazard of all metal workers. The other markings were differnt, older, long and elegant, like cursive wriring, clearly the kiss of a blade.

Artimus continued as the smith approached.

“I would tell you to take care, it is Brettonian steel, but I know your skill and you have worked this blade before, Kal Blackiron...”
He continued, his voice dangling like a lure, pulling the blade from its rest, exposing a quarter of the fine steel.

He paused before he continued to speak

“ That day I carried that blade, honed by your expertise to clear this island of a pestilence, today I come to you chasing a much greater evil, I hope you skill hasn’t waned”

“I am also looking for a blunt weapon of a good craft, something that a novice could swing, and a suit of armour, chain or better. I am not certain of the man that will wear it, But he will be a priest of Magustan, if they could bare their mark it would be in your debt. Also, I would like to take some of your scraps, metal shavings and dust in one bag, jagged shrapnel the size of an acorn in another.”

...”And lastly, with my thanks, your discretion not to speak of my presence here today.”

(Artimus Attempts to use to past to curry a good price.)

Charm 3d6

Last edited by Artimus on 14.01.13 23:54; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   11.01.13 16:57

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

Reknown : 0

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   11.01.13 16:57

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 1, 6, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin

Reknown : 9

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   14.01.13 17:51

Kal Blackiron looked up from his forge, the faintly familiar smile of the sooty blacksmith cracking up as he recognized the Brettonian.

"Well, if it isn't the king of mice. Gods, its been many years, no?"

Kal walked over to the forge without much of a glance, tempering an iron sigil, rich with religious embellishment.

"Aye, I can sharpen yer sword. And you're more than welcome to a bag or so of my discard - my scrap barrels are overflowing. No need to pay, this one's on the house."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   15.01.13 0:08

Artimus Emerged from the darkened back entrance of the Smith’s shop, the scent of coal and coke still clinging to his cloak. He waited a moment, letting the sounds, smells and surrounding of the Sulkporte slowly return to him. He grasped his swordbelt, sliding it left and right, searching for its perfect perch. The Scabbard jaunted about till it found its rest nesleted into the rear quarter of the mariner’s thigh. It would lay there in wait like an attack dog, kenneled for the evening.

Or was it something tenser, direr, like an asp coiled and ready to strike.

General Store

Artimus wound his way through the streets of Sulkport to the general store. It was a quaint little place that smelt of old lantern polish and the dried food stuffs. Behind the counter, and entirely too young girl appears to be the only one in the shop. Artimus addressed the little freckled girl.

Bonjour Mon fee, perhaps you can help me. I’m looking for some cloth, one thick burlap about two by two feet another of thin material, about six by ten feet. Also some sowing supplies including scissors, some thread and finally four feet or so of tanned hide fashioned into cord.

Can you do this for me ma petite?

Apothecary

Artimus moved like a specter through the winding alleys of the small city. Shifting through shadow he could see the sailors coming from the harbour, the sweat of the sea on their brow’s a thick days work on their back, and an ale or ten in their future. Trade was alive and well here, merchants passed by on their way to the trade district to turn silk into coin, straw into spices and their wheelings into fortune. Where there was feasting there were always rats, first picking up the crumbs, but as stomach fills hungry grows and so too does boldness. As he passed corner and backstreet lanes he spied the soft whispers of the merchant and his influence in the thieves and their opportunist glances, the cunning glints in their eyes. Beams of light cutting through the hedges and steeples shone over the wall, where the guards passed their way.

Who of them had been paid to turn a blind eyed? Who of them had been bought to keep a watchful one?

Artimus found himself in the apothecary, looking into the tanned face of a Tilean.

Bonjour son of Tilea, I only need a moment of your time, I’m in search of a keg of gun powder, finely ground and a Mortar and pestal. I find myself on the road to see Father Abendas in the abbey to the north, if you know the goods he would make use of I will take see it taken with me, with Magustan blessing of course.

Leaving the Apothecary Artimus maneuvered through the city, making his way to the trade district and to the doors of the Trade mogul Giess. He rapped heavily on the door to the warehouse readying a smile for mousil.

Trade district

His request was simple, the mariner was in search of a cart to pull behind the horse they already had to their name. If Giess was feeling generous perhaps he would fill it with goods, Artimus aimed to travel north posing as merchant’s, if he wasn’t perhaps some boxes full of hay.

Mousier Giess, I know your time is valuable so I will be short. I hunt the white devil that sprung from your daughter’s womb. I ask for no bounty, this demon will taste my steel and be returned to the cesspit of its origin. What I do humble request is a portion of your resource. It is my aim to pass unnoticed. A two horse cart, filled with goods, or empty boxes, I have the horses I would accept this with my thanks. If you had a map of the courtside I have the skill to copy it.

Artimus left Giess and his warehouse performing a now familiar dance, through the alleys of Sulkporte. If there was string trailing behind the Mariner a tapestry would be woven through the city. Still he pushed on.

Passing through the gates of the Magustan the Bretonnian found himself whispering a prayer. It was a dark thing they embarked after, even the smallest blessing from the god of green leaves and summer spice.

Artimus moved through the Chruch until he found Thernus, The priest they had rescued from the cultists. The slightly rotund man was attending to the filling of oil into vessel Artimus assumed were to fill the sconces that lined the hallways of their hallowed shrine.

In one hand Artimus held a mace, in the other a suit of armour. He placed them on the table to Thernus left.

There is one of your order that is meant to join us. There is a calling that has been summoning him to action. Bring them to the priests of your order tonight someone will step forward, if they do not, hang them in a place you feel fitting. Someday when the time is right, they will find their owner.

In summary:
Gunpowder (keg)
Mortar and pestal
Rough cloth
thin cloth
leather cord
cart (borrowed)(possibly filled with good fake or real)
Mace (with magistun symbol if possibe)
Armour (with magistun symbol if possibe)
Sewing kit
Metal shards
anything the apothicary thinks Father Abendas would need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   15.01.13 11:38

{Artimus, I've priced out all of the items and you may confirm which you are taking. Add them to your character sheet, and I will subtract the gold}

Gunpowder (keg) - 50 Gold
Mortar and pestal - 5 Gold
Rough cloth - 1 Gold
thin cloth - 1 Gold
leather cord - 1 Gold

Mace (with magistun symbol if possibe) - 25 Gold
Armour (with magistun symbol if possibe) - 75 Gold
Sewing kit - 1 Gold
Metal shards - Free

cart (borrowed)(filled with empty crates) - Agreed to, free (Geiss has instructed you to pick it up in the morning [the 5th of septem] )

===============|

Therus heard the mariner striding down the echoing temple of Magustan, the priest straightening himself and turning to meet him. A soft, reverent chant was occuring at the altar, and Therus ushered Artimus around a corner and spoke softly.

"What can I do for you, Artimus?" he asked inquisitively.

The mariner explained his motive, and Therus exchanged a look of puzzlement.

"We are a peaceful order, Artimus. I am not sure if any of my clergy are even trained in the use of weapons, but for the benefit of Magustan's grace I will do as you ask. If this...white demon truly does threaten the Seasprays, then the order will do aught to support you in your quest."
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   15.01.13 15:00

I'll take it all
(total 159 gold)

in resposne to Therus

"Thank you mon ami, zhat is all I azk. I pledge to teach any that take up this mantle. first in the basics of combat, then school them intermediate. finally if they are worthy, the secret intricacies of war.
Adieu Pare"

did the apothicary have anything i could bring to the abbey in the north, thought he might know as they deal with the priests.

Artimus also offers to bring anything that would be needed from Therus to the northern abby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   15.01.13 18:50

{No such supply run necessary...they maintain tertiary relationships with the abbey up north}
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   18.01.13 12:46

Artimus weaved his was in the usual route back to the Kal BlackIron and his Smithery.

Bonjour moni ami. I have a new story for your hammer to pound out, that of manacles, three and a bolo.

Artimus paid for the crafting and headed towards the trade market. Walking through the stores and stalls he searched for goods ideal to his means. Something common, cheap and light and disposable if need be. Cotton would be ideal.

Artimus would purchase what he could.

In his travels Artimus also seeks, a lantern with a flap to cover the light if required and fire wood.

[Included a charm roll for costing and a cartography roll if Giess did permit Artimus to fill in the details of the island from his impressive map]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

Reknown : 0

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   18.01.13 12:46

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'SKILL CHECK' : 3

--------------------------------

#2 'SKILL CHECK' : 1, 6, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   21.01.13 19:03

A small wooden stall set up along the wharf was occupied by a small woman selling iron lanterns, and she gladly smiled at the Mariner, showing him her assortment of hooded lanterns for 5g, complete with oil.

[take it?]

-LK
Back to top Go down
Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   22.01.13 9:18

snapped up right quick!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   22.01.13 9:19

I was also hoping to get a haul of common goods to travel in the boxes of the wagon. I was thinking cotton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)   

Back to top Go down

Artimus in Sulkport ( between cultist and demon hunt)
Page 1 of 1