HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part IV: What Had Walked

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   19.12.12 2:48

Diana took a look at the bow that Midnorton took off. A fine design... And these guys didn't seem much like sailors to Diana. At least not the one with the boy and arrow. Far too refined. The scruffier one could very well be though...

"Blades and Arrows hmm? Sounds like my kind of poison. Wherever you guys are headed next for that sort of adventure, I'd like to join. So long as I get some loot out of it.

A job would do Diana some good. And it'd be better to have some company too. The two of them seemed to be too much of a hassle to take from, so likely gaining something along side of them would be better. But... having two men would seem quite strange to travel together... especially if they're going out on odd jobs like those. Was there a third? A fourth? Someone else travelling with them? Why weren't they at the bar?

==============================
Diana ponders and waits for a response
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   20.12.12 2:58

[LK is standing by, allowing the conversation to continue between the three of you. Waiting on Artimus as well, will take care of the thread in the marketplace for Valaren and award EXP there...]

-LK

(+150 EXP to Garv, Mid, Diana)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   21.12.12 14:56

Midnorton sipped his ale then responded to the lass.

"We have two more companions that should be joining us soon. As for what we are doing next... In all likely hood we will beginning a hunt for a white demon that we recently saw birthed into this world."

Sipped again. "We are suppose to meet a contact here before we go off on our hunt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   03.01.13 14:15

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 6:00 PM

The evening candles had been lit around the Seaspray tavern, and though the aged landmark of Sulkporte had not yet reached her capacity, there was a bustling in the air that bespoke the merriment of summer's end.

The air was cool, and blew through the front doors as they opened and closed into the dining room, the bar already crawling with locals carrying sudsy brews away to their tables and laughing amongst one another.

Artimus pulled a chair out and sat down amidst the party, nearly before noticing the comely young woman sitting down next to Garvan and Midnorton. Valaren was wrapped in his cloak, keeping his aged bones warm as the fellowship talked among themselves.

"Fancy another round, lads?-" spoke the skinny blond barmaid, older than her prime but with plenty of gusto.

Their eyes wandered from her, however, as an imposing figure appeared in the doorway, flanked by two well-muscled sailors with heavy swords dangling at their waists.

Lord Hamus Brahnzik pushed the heavy oak doors out of his way, striding across the bar with purpose. Sufficiently drunk men moved out of his way without questioning, the captain and lord of the Cassidy Bluffs effortlessly making his presence known.

"Artimus!" he bellowed from across the tavern, a wry smile across his face as he approached and shook the mariner's hand. He looked to the rest of the table, nodding at Garvan and Midnorton, a look of puzzlement reaching across his face.

"Wulfic?" the name stung as it hung in the air, the silence giving him all the information needed.

"I understand. He left us bravely, I'm certain."

[...]

A variety of steaming hot plates arrived at the table sometime later, the alluring aroma of fried ducks and roasted pheasants complimented perfectly by an ever-abundant replenishment of wine. Brahnzik drank deeply, as did his vanguard. Ryanith and Cotswin laughed and told tales of their exploits in Sulkporte thus far, but it was not long until another silence hung in the air.

Brahnzik cleared his throat and spoke gruffly.

"Aureg would have us leave this evening. He has sensed the taint of chaos leaving this island and carrying west along the sea of claws. The men do not agree that we should carry on after his visions - that he is leading us on a mad chase across the sea. But...I trust the seer. His intuition where darkness is concerned is unparalleled, and I fear what will happen if we do not take action, and lose the trail of whatever fel beast this is."

He took another deep drink of wine, and carried on.

"We will sail at first light, fellowship...and your obligation to myself and my crew is hereby lifted. It could be that your white demon and our target are one and the same, but I cannot stay on this island and search him out if Aureg tells me that he has already left. I would implore you to sail with us, but if you would remain on the Seaspray isles I will make certain the Vengeance II revisits this damned place to pick you back up when we return. Though...I've no idea when that might be."

Hamus finished his glass and stared with trepidation at the fellowship.

=======================

OK fellows, welcome back to EIB! A quick recap:

1) Hamus Brahnzik obviously wants you to sail with the Vengeance II

2) ...but, you have a suspicion that the White Demon is on the island still,

3) ...and, you have a lead in the abbey up north to someone who may know something about it.

4) Also, you have a mysterious note from someone who has requested an audience with you tomorrow (the 4th of Septem) evening

Cheers guys!

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   04.01.13 0:19

Diana waited patiently as the captain walked in and gave his little speech to the "fellowship" as he called them. He had a certain authority that reminded Diana a lot about her father. If the group was being let go... It would make sense that Diana should speak with whomever appeared to be the leader of the group. To her left, a Brettonian that just walked in but seemed to have a cheery face. To her right, a clean-cut archer with a feminine appeal. And in front of her, some sort of brute. But there was one more companion that the archer mentioned. Who could that be...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   04.01.13 3:17

Midnorton spoke up with determination in his voice.

“I want to remain as the crew of the Vengeance II, Lord Brahnzik. However it seems things still need to be investigated and dealt with here on this isle. I can’t speak for the others, but I believe our small group should stay to deal with it and then wait for the Vengeance II to return for us or perhaps set out to catch up once our mission here has been accomplished.”

He looked toward his companions, “We either stay or leave, but as a group.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   05.01.13 11:35

Valaren sat and listened quietly as the man spoke. The words were hardly meant for him, as he had not been with the group so long. He kept to himself throughout the conversation, but his intentions were not to go with the captain. Valaren believed their business would be with the foul image that had appeared before them.

As if lightning struck out of a blue sky, his voice shattered the silence that followed Midnorton's speach. "I agree, we remain as a group. But our business lies here. We can not turn a blind eye towards it! We must endeavor upon this, but TOGETHER."

It may have been the first time he had spoken to this group with this much dedication. Strangely, he still ignored the woman who seemed to accompany them now..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   05.01.13 15:08

Diana looked at Valaren as he sat with the rest of the group. They seemed to acknowledge him as one of them... Though he did not share the same bond as the others seemed to have. His words spoke strongly... Could he be some sort of leader to them? Holding a staff and seeming older than the rest of the crowd it could likely be so. However he seemed to take no heed to the captain... And the captain seemed to pay no attention to him as well.

Diana put her feet on the table, her high heeled boots pointing high in the air. Held her hands behind her head as she would to relax. She let out a little breath of relief... Since there was no clear leader... Diana turned to the captain.

"Well.... Looks like you guys are off to quite an adventure. Captain, if you wouldn't mind I'd like to accompany your fellowship on this journey. I'm a mercenary for hire and from the sound of it your men are going to need all the help they can get. Don't worry about the pricing though... First timers get half off. For a mere 750 gold I'd be more than happy to join in.

But hey... Looks like they'll need all the help they can get. For you handsome (Diana gives the captain a wink), I'll sell you my "services" for only 500 gold."

=============================================
Seduce skill = 2D + 3D charm

6+1+5+4+3 = 19


Last edited by Diana on 05.01.13 15:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   05.01.13 15:08

The member 'Diana' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 6, 1, 5, 4, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   07.01.13 22:55

[+50 Bonus XP to Valaren, Diana and Midnorton for making post rotation]

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   08.01.13 14:25

The scent of spiced ale filled the Seaspray tavern, marking the falling summer Artimus had ordered up one of the seaonsal ales as soon as the aroma touched his nostrils. The brew reminded him of home, and a simpler time when adventure held no sorrow.

The cloaked Mariner ordered a mug from main bar. The frothy mixture swayed back and forth in the pewter tankard as the barmaid set it down, spilling just a dribble down the side. It sank into the oaken table, marking the wood with a ring of cloven juices. Coin danced across the bar top, sent into fancy footwork by a gloved hand, twinkling and spinning to a stop resting in the flickering in the candlelight. He gazed into the mug before drinking deeply. Gulp after gulp he consulted the schooners of memory that sailed across the sea of his mind. The vessel of the honored dead, gleaming and white it carried friends to their final rest. The ship of the demon, cold and ash and another boat... unseen, but known, somehow he sensed it, a dark rider on the edge of the horizon.

The Brettonian wiped his chin and motioned his suggestion of another tankard; coins clinked, chiming their agreement. Drink filled, he spotted his companions at a table with one other, a younger girl, breasts peaking out from her top, staff slung from her pack. She looked as a humming bird did flitting about searching for a flower to rest upon. Harmless as she seemed, Artimus knew nothing was ever exactly as it looked.

The Ale carrying Brettonian ferried himself to where his fellows sat. With each step he considered the woman’s aim.

He chuckled.

If this girl looked for a bed to fill, she climbed the wrong gang-line.

Artimus grin advanced, now beaming from his chin.

Garvan never liked the prettier girls,

“a soft face is too much trouble and far too much coin. In the dark they all squish the same! Don’t they?” he’d said.


Midnorton being more plant than man would pay her no heed and Artimus wasn’t sure if the wizened Valaran had any wood left in his staff but if he did, Artimus would front the coin himself.

If the last days had proved anything it was that none had a day to spare, a moment to waste.

The White Demon came for all of them. Whatever form that it took.

His smile retreated.

Artimus slid the well worn chair with its cracked pillow top, across the floors rough hewn surface, rubbed smooth with the steps of a thousand boots and placed the mug of ale on the round table.

“Bonjour Mon ami, I see we’ve attracted the attention of une petite fille..”

The room was interrupted by the sway of the front door as a familiar figure strode in the room flanked by two others. Hamus Galak Brahnzik was battle hardened, his figure powerful and commanding yet there was a kindness allowance in his step. A balance rarely stuck in dominant men, but the mark of a true leader.



“Artimus!” The man bellowed, causing the mariner to wince from beneath his cloak. He had been keeping his presence in the town as clandestine as possible.

Still He rose without hesitation to meet Hamus’ hand with a steady grip just below the elbow and a stable stare.

“It is good to see you again my Lord Brahnzik, and you Ryanith, I trust you’ve received my letter and know of the demon we hunt. Darkness lives, Here, today on this island, we have seen its birth. We have been tainted by its filth. Chaos may call you to the horizon my, but it is here as well, I bare it’s mark, Wulfrics death cannot go un-answered, this beast not allowed to roam. Our charge is to hunt the rampant darkness, and he it is.

With all respect. J’Toujours fidèle.

Grant us leave to quiet the vile malevolence that thrives here and we will rejoin you on the other side. Wherever that may be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   08.01.13 20:56

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 8:00 PM

Lord Brahnzik smoked headily on a heavy Tilean cigar as the night wore on, the last of their meal coming to a close. With a smile, the noble lord deposited a hefty bag of coins in the hands of the eager barmaid, using a candle upon the table to light his tobacco.

"It seems as if your path is chosen then, fellowship." he grunted, staring at the flame as it engulfed the end in smoke.

"I will miss your accompaniment on board, but we will meet again. The Vengeance II welcomes you always, and she will return to Sulkporte for you, should you remain."

Lord Brahnzik stared Diana in the face and laughed at her sly request, though not without a subtle blushing as a huge plume of smoke escaped his lips

"My lady, I am certain you do not know the fellowship, for they are neither mine to command, nor would I ever expect them to require help. Merely assistance, as it is. And I can assure you, it is with a heavy heart that a man such as myself would decline any service from a maiden as fine as yourself, but as it stands - I must return to the ship."

Hastily, he patted out his cigar upon the table and stowed it in his cloak. With an outstretched arm, he began shaking the hands of the men of the fellowship, nodding to Diana in passing. The two vanguard stood to accompany their lord.

"May your blood stay firmly in your veins, fellows." he said gruffly, striding out of the Seaspray.

======================

[OK fellows, you have declined leaving on the Vengeance II. Im not sure if you plan on spending the day tomorrow in sulkporte waiting for your meeting at the seaspray, or if you intend on leaving to visit the monastery, or something else altogether.

Please come to a consensus on the next course of action, and any side storylines can be continued in The Marketplace.

Cheers,

-LK

EXP: +50 to artimus, diana, valaren and mid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   10.01.13 16:37

“We have been at sea for some time and then, when we reach shore, we are thrown into a conflict involving the rescue of a princess. Who was unfortunately used to give birth to a demon. So I don’t know about you, but I plan on resting until the ‘meeting’ tomorrow.”

Midnorton whistled for the barmaid to come over, “Hey lass. Would you have a room to spare for the night? I’m a bit tired, though perhaps not too tired…”

He gave his trademarked deep purr at the barmaid.

=====================

Mid just plans on resting for the night and most of the following day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   10.01.13 20:32

Valaren could think of another way to spend the time he would have tomorrow. He would need several hours to brew his potions, so it would be wise to start early in the morning. He would be able to join the group afterwards. He would need to find a place that had the equipment for it, but he believed it would not be hard to find such a place. This would not cause a problem for him.

"I too believe it would be best if we had some time for ourselves before we continue on." He said as he looked around the group. He believed the rest would have no problem with this decision, as they had all been trough a lot in a short period of time.

He picked up his staff that had been resting against the table since he had joined earlier. Valaren was not one to drink ale or join in on any festivities that were common in a bar like this. A man of his age needed the rest. Especially a man who had been through all this.

As he stood up from the wooden bench that he had sat on, he slightly nodded towards Midnorton and the rest before turning away to walk towards the exit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   11.01.13 2:28

Diana watched the captain walk away... It made her think about her father even more... Now wasn't the time. Diana was tired from her traveling... And it looked as though the others had quite the day. A nice bed would do them good. And for Diana too. It had been almost three days since she had a decent bed to sleep on.

Diana stood up and began walking to the innkeeper. But first she said to the boys:

"I'll see you boys in the morning then. You'd better get up on time too. It's rude to keep a lady waiting."

As Diana entered the room she began to think to herself again about her dad... How he had been taken away by some demon-worshipers.
And then about the demon they mentioned. A white demon... Diana had only heard of that once before. Jacque had joined their group. A young man she had gotten to know once. He seemed decent enough, but after he joined them... Well... Everything about him changed.
Who knows what happened to him now... probably insane if he hadn't already been sacrificed...
Aside from that, Diana set down her belongings and began to take a look inside.
A painting given to her... A useless bracelet she had stolen... And other tiny artifacts she collected along her travels. The things of value she had already sold, and had recently spent the majority of her money repairing her spear and buying a new spear head. Having had the previous one been broken off slapping a deer across the back.

She then took out her night gown... the one that had belonged to her mother before she died. Over the years she had grown into it, but it was one of the last things she had from her. Diana changed into it and prepared to sleep... pillow in one hand, and spear in the other.
=====================================================
Diana goes to bed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   11.01.13 13:14

Words spoken, leave granted and promises exchanged. The meeting between the fellowship and their former crewmates of VengeanceII had gone well, leniency granted to do the needful and a door left open for the groups return. It’s true that Hamus Brahnzik did not command them in the strictness sense. Artimus still would do whatever he could to follow the Lord’s lead; the Mariner had found in him a mutual understanding, a cause that aimed to hunt the threats of darkness, it was he could believe in.

The peace Artimus found there was both surprising and profound. A moment of purpose that was as comforting as his mother’s womb.

As the trio of demon hunters made their way to the frost exit, Artimus called out to Brahnzik, tossing a trinket through the air, purple and gleaming. Brahnzik snatched it mid flight and viewed the small purple medallion that they had retrieved from the cultists.

“This seems to be their mark, keep a wary eye of it. We do not know how far their reach is Mon Ami.”



Artimus turned back to the table of his comrades. Looking at the each for a moment as he finished his ale.

“It seems the task is set before us mon ami, and it is to be a formidable one, like hunting a sun bleached serpent through field of drying straw. I know this is a task that calls to us is one we can complete, perhaps destined to see to the end. But who am I to speak of destiny. I look upon your faces new and old, new friend and old. I see lions in each of you. Your power, your pride. I pledge to you I will fight this fight, hunt this beast to my last breath.”

It was Diana Non? I do not know you, but in a way I know you very well. Years ago I came to this isle to make a name for myself.

It was a different time then and I was a different man.

If you want to come under my employ you can do that. I can pay you a wage of 20 gold a day, I can bark at you orders and you can dig my squat holes and cook my meals, and raise a blade at my command. I have been the mercenary, the assassin, the solider, the crusader wanting only for revenge. Each position holds truth.

Know this there is no colder thing than to be laid to rest for 20 gold a day.

There is another path before you Cher join us in this venture, have an equal share in any boon, any folly that will come our way. Your name will be as one of the fellowship, not- some arm for hire.

Stand for something or you will fall for nothing at all

Swear an oath to us here, and you will be counted among us.”



( I meant for the Braznik to meet us on the same date as this mysterious other party....I thought we discussed that Andy but that’s ok)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   14.01.13 13:10

Quite the man's man this one... But it wasn't anything Diana wasn't used to.

"I'm not some wench you can have as a play toy. I'm a mercenary, and if your looking for a maid I suggest you hire someone else. But sure, I'll sweat an oath to your pack. At least until we finish this job."

Diana then proceeds to bed


Last edited by Diana on 15.01.13 11:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   14.01.13 13:37

Midnorton smirked as he watched Diana storm off to bed.

"Careful will that one Artimus, I can see her wearing black leather and a whip..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   14.01.13 14:21

Oui, mon ami I think you are right.

I don't zhink my offer was recieved as inviting as I ment it to be.

My english is not my strongest suit... I have have seen many men die for a little gold, it's better to be part of something.... Non?

ztill I think she has accepted the offer... Why do I feel like , how do they zay.. I've bitten off more than I can chew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   14.01.13 18:05

Fellowship - The 4th of Septem, 8:00 PM

The common room of the Seaspray laid emptier than most nights as the fellowship reconvened around the same wooden roundtable they had the night previous.

The day had passed uneventfully, much-needed rest caught upon, and errands run. Tankards of ale and wine were spread before them alongside a generous wheel of cheese and a steaming loaf of bread.

Quiet conversation arose amongst them, wondering about the mysterious meeting that was set for this evening. Lord Brahnzik and his lot had set sail at first light, long before any of them had been able to cast a glance towards the harbour. They would be off for some time, and with the guidance of Aureg perhaps the crew of slayers would find the white demon before the fellowship had a chance...if the Gods were kind.

Midnorton glanced up from his cup, a small boy staring at him. The boy looked like a street urchin, clad in thin, undyed wool garments that scarcely concealed his dirty arms.

"Letter for you, sir." the young boy said frankly, reaching in to a satchel and depositing a slightly crumpled paper in Midnorton's hands. With a smile, he turned round and headed over to the hearth, warming his hands briefly as he kept a wary eye on the barkeep who would surely show him to the door promptly.

Midnorton unravelled the letter. A small brass key fell out, not unlike the ones they had for their own rooms.

<Room 15, Midnight. The lot of you. Even the broad>

The letter was curt, but clear.

======================================

[Ok fellows, welcome back to another week of EIB!

A couple of housekeeping things:

1) Valaren, if you want to brew potions open up a thread in the marketplace and we can sort something out. It can take place on the day that just passed, irrespective of the timeline

2) Please let me know if/when you intend on visiting "room 15", and how you plan on approaching the situation. Room 15 is located on the second floor of the tavern. Diana's room is actually Room 16, so its right next door.

EXP: Valaren, Diana, Artimus and Mid +50 EXP
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   15.01.13 12:51

Artimus drew his dagger and cult a wedge of cheese from the table and offered it to the thin wafe.

Here you are 'mon trognon'. Eat up little one.
he said handing the child the dagger and pulling another from his cloak.
(Artimus now has 5 daggers)
That is for you, careful fifille (sweetheart), it is very sharp. It will protect you. So if anyone threatens you, you bury that in their belly and run. Ok?

Tell me, who did this letter come from. Is he a nice man or woman? what does his look like? do you know his name.

Artimus questioned slicing another piece of fragrant fromage.


-----------------------
-----------------------
After the boy had left

"Diana, you have room 16 non? perhaps we can fashion a peep hole and get a little peep of who this mysterious stranger is..."

"If you'd like garvan could take your key and fashion a whole, Perhaps one of you charming rogues
he said motioning to Diana and Midnorton
could ask the bartender and folks around if they'd seen who's in room 16."

"I'm considering taking a more direct approach... Mid, could I borrow that key perhaps. I think room 16 has ordered room service"

Artimus said with a grin.


Last edited by Artimus on 15.01.13 16:30; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   15.01.13 15:55

Garvan yawned like a big cat basking in the sun, still groggy from the previous nights sleep. His body had clearly been in dire need of rest and he had slept long and deep. The party congregated around the table in the sea spray one by one, Garvan the last to arrive. He looked rejuvinated; Years younger although the fog of sleep still clung to him and showed through in his expression. His face freshly shaven and the grime (and blood) of adventure had been replaced with hints of floral soap. A queer scent to associate with Garvan of Marienburg.

"G,yuuhhh agg duahhght" Garvan attempted to speak but succeded only in dropping crumbs of cheese and bread from his mouth. He reached for a flagon of dark red wine and poured it down his throat in three long gulps.

*Ahem* "As I was saying. Did it ever occur to anyone that Aureg brought us here to find this demon." He looked around at them all, wiping at red stains from the corner of his mouth. "Perhaps he was a better seer then we all gave him credit for. Perhaps 'e was right in bringing us here and and perhaps it would 'ave been correct for us to follow him. Im no demon hunter but for all we know the beast has fled this miserable island and Aureg and the captain arr right on 'is tail."

Garvan shrugged before giving anyone a chance to respond, as if to say "oh well." He was already busying himself with more bread and cheese. "Suppose we got this meetin to see to anyway. I always love a good mystery."

The fisherman watched on as Artimus spoke to the errand boy, already feeling more awake. When the boy left Garvan pointed to Artimus with a flourish of the cheese knife, bits of yellow still clinging the end. "Aye a solid plan. But wont we look the fools when we cut a hole in wall and they peer back at us. Obviously these men have been watching us and personally, I aint afraid." Garvan struck the table with the blade of the knife and it quivered there for a moment. "I say we march in there at midnight and see what we can see."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   15.01.13 17:51

Midnorton popped a grape into his mouth as he listened to the boy’s message and received the note and key. He then listened to Artimus and nodded as he handed over the key.

“I’ll talk with the owners of this establish about the room and those renting it, while Diane goes to her adjacent room and creates a ‘glory hole’.” Midnorton chortled to himself at that joke.

He stood from his chair and left the table, then walked over to the bar to chat with the proprietor.

With a smile, Midnorton casually talked. “Greetings. That was a nice breakfast today. The fruit was fresh. That is nice for the likes of me, being out to sea for so long. But listen will you. I won’t be on land much longer and I was told to meet a friend here. He said something about having room 15 but I’m not sure if he has mad it on time. Could you tell me the description of the person that came to rent it or even the name if they told you? So I could be sure that was my friend or not..”

=============

Charm [4d6] + Persuasion [1d6]

[Roll: 5+1+3+1+5 = 15]


Last edited by Midnorton on 15.01.13 18:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   15.01.13 17:51

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 5, 1, 3, 1, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   15.01.13 19:08

Artimus, 4th of Septem, 9:00 PM


The waif looked at Artimus and gladly nibbled on the cheese.

"I don't rightly know sir. Didn't see 'is face - he put a gold piece in me hands and sent me in here while 'e walked upstairs. Short as I am though, a little man."

With that, the waif disappeared into the crowd.

Midnorton, 4th of Septem, 9:00 PM

[Charm results]

The barkeep stared into Midnorton's eyes as the charming adventurer spun his lies. The hardened face of the fellow softened, and his eyes flashed with a moment of recognition.

"Ah, oh yes...I see, I see how that might be inconvenient. Well yer friend rented the room last night, so I'm surprised you hadn't already seen one another. Ah...yes I remember room 15... One of them short folks. A halfling, of course. Didn't see much of his face, had his cloak up and about as some of the dodgier seafolks of this town do..."

The barkeep reached down and grabbed his ledger, clearly eager to be of help. A few drunken men shouted at him for another pint from the other end of the oak bar, but he ignored them.

"Oh - ah but I've missed the crucial details, of course."

He lowered his voice.

"You're from the Ost company, ain't ya? Oh, I should have remembered - and its none of my business mind you, so forgive me for that - but yer friend paid me in Tradenotes from the company. Er, well he almost did - picked 'em back up afore I could collect and paid in gold instead. I suppose he didn't want to carry the coin. Must be who yer lookin for, yes?"

==================

Hey guys, +50 EXP to Artimus, Garvy, and Mid

New information from Midnorton; feel free to act upon it.

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   

Back to top Go down
 
Part IV: What Had Walked
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The untapped part of the brain
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1
» Mental Health : Trying to heal the mental part to eating too much
» Rob Skiba - Did Israel Really Become a Nation in 1948 (part 2 mp3 is up)
» Darkness Descending /Part One/Part Two

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: