HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part IV: What Had Walked

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Part IV: What Had Walked   06.12.12 0:30

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 5:15 AM

Garvan's ears rung with the whispers of the dead as they walked silently back into the long hallway through this strange lair. The hallway echoed with the steps of their boots, the smell of blood still not washed from their noses.

Midnorton moved swiftly, the young woman cradled as gently as possible over her shoulder. She breathed shallowly, her bruised and purpled face twisted into a permanent expression of pain, her sullied and torn clothing washing unflatteringly over battered limbs that hung limply from the grip of the bramble-man.

Artimus followed, the swaddled corpse of their dead fellow weighing heavily as Valaren shadowed them through the darkened halls. Beneath their boots the shattered statue bade them up and into the prison hallway, where Skyler had first found them but hours previous. A foreboding sight, the dim and dingy prison cell made moreso by its emptiness.

Without thought, Garvan slung open the heavy bar that ended this dark chapter beneath the cellar doors.

[…]

The cool air of night was a stark contrast to the stuffy underground air, and the fellowship noticed the change immediately upon entering the longhouse. The bodies of their previous kills had been dragged over to the boxes, but there was no sign of any of the sentries that had chased them down into the earth. The lantern had long gone out, and darkness permeated.

The fellowship pushed out into the courtyard, Garvan leading ahead. The door banged against something heavy as he opened it, however, and immediately the fisherman drew his sidearm and swung around to face it. Into the courtyard he spun, staring back at the exterior wall of the longhouse where a leather-clad figure was slumped upon the ground.

The body's hands were severed, its throat spilling out onto its shirt. The black mop of hair featured upon its head was haunting by its own right. Unmistakable - the landmark of the man they had looked upon many times in situations more dire. The friend they had drank with and fought with and who had shared in their gold and their bloodshed.

Lifelessly, Wulfric remained as a dismembered artifact of this evil night.

[…]

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 7:45 AM

It was well into the morning that the exhausted fellowship caught sight of the skyline ahead of them, where the gates of Sulkporte beckoned them into safe harbour. The Geiss Girl still slumbered upon Midnorton's shoulder, and Artimus' arms ached from the weight of their dead companion.

Dirtied, sullied, and ultimately victorious - the fellowship wandered into Sulkporte.


=====================

OK fellows, well adventured. We've gained and lost some, and here we stand at the precipice of a brave new world with at least one more gaunt, white-skinned demon wandering the countryside.

Please refer to the guide to sulkporte in the Cartographer's if you need any direction. Don't forget that all purchases and sales of items or side-treks to stores can be done int he marketplace.

Welcome to Sulkporte, heroes

-LK

EXP: +100 to Artimus, Valaren, Midnorton and Garvan
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   06.12.12 17:38

An old man scathed mentally by the losses that his new fellowship had endured travelled back towards Sulkporte. Akthough he had tried his best, his efforts to save Skyler had not been enough. Valaren, walking slightly behind the rest of the group, was looking at his robe that had been damaged. Not all of the tears had been inflicted in this last campaign, but it had definitely added a few.

He looked onwards, for there was no time for grief. He follow Garvan and Artimus, as they traveled together. "What is our destination?" He asked, only looking up for a short moment before letting his eyes gaze upon the grass that was passing underneath him. Even though his group had achieved what they had wanted, it felt nothing like a victory. Two people had died in a short period of time. There was no victory in that.

The grass turned into sand and sand turned into the stones that shaped the road towards Sulkporte.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   07.12.12 11:48

Midnorton reached over with his right hand to feel for the woman’s pulse.

“We should get this girl to her father first, so he can get her medical help, not to mention our pay. After that, we should possibly tell the church about the summoned demon and let them deal with it.”

Midnorton sniffed the sea breeze, “And I don’t know about you. But I would like to head back to the ship.”

With a more serious tone, “I also would like to request that you don’t tell anyone else of my true nature. I suspect the Captain knows, but the regular crewmembers don’t.”

He then looked at Valaren, “I suggest you come with us too Valaren and introduce yourself to our Captain. The crew can always use a healer.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   07.12.12 12:49

"Your secret is safe with us lass." At this Garvan slapped a caloused open palm on midnortons behind and a light hearted smile crept to his lips. "I too feel the call of the sea. We should return ship and check in with the captain at the very least."

He stood there for a moment, letting the salty breeze blow his greying whispy locks of hair back from his forehead aa the sun cast a red hue across the island. After a moment of concideration Garvan turned to Valaran, "Friend, Im not too sure what your life entails here on this island, but ye seem a man who might be cut from a better cloth then the likes of most o' the folk here." He made a broad guesture at the town before them. "If its adventure or coin you seek, I'm sure the captain would be apt to take on another sword. The choice is yours." He haid laid a hand on Valarens shoulder and offered up an endearing smile, the best the old fisherman could msuter in any case.

"For now, lets see about that reward and bury our friends." Not saying much more, Garvan began to trudge towards the town.






========





Garvan is headed to geiss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   10.12.12 14:41

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 5:15 AM (a few hours previous)



The Fellowship moved like ghosts, no words were exchanged on their trek to the surface. Each step under the earth brought them closer to the surface, Muscle and sinew gritted together in protest under the weight of oaths taken. The smell of fresh air. The kind that had seen the light of the sun was a reprieve granted to the Mariner. The first of that dark day. It danced across his nostrils, with tokens of fresh dew, subtle breezes and grasses of open plains.

The route from that point became familiar passing the laboratory, and holding cells of Iron and stone, the kind of cage that could no longer hold Skylar.

Garvan Swung the cellar door open, but the doors path was jerked to a halt with a sodden thud. A fleshy stop. Artimus saw Garvan spin to meet whatever had sat in wait behind the door. The aggression on Grizzled fisherman’s face as he spun evaporated, leaving a starkly white look of fear in its place.

A spark of dread went off in the Mariner’s heart, he push past Valaran, Midnorton and Garvan to see what it was for himself
.

He saw Wulfric, Adventure, free spirit, huntsman and friend slumped, disgraced and dead.

Artimus felt the wind leave his sails.

Despair, guilt and shame rushed into the hull of his chest, he could feel his heart well up till felt heavy enough to capsize.

Had he failed Wulfric, leaving him on the topside exposed, had his friend been ambushed, faced many foes, been a fool hearty hero?

Was their fate not to meet death together?

Perhaps in another life .


Artimus laid Skylar next to Wulric, Men that had never met but made likely kin in death.

A Storm brewed on the horizon of Artimus' psyche, on a sky where the hawk no longer soared, where the sun had departed. Cold rain and white capped rage rocked and swayed the Mariner.

Sorrow began to leave his heart, bailed out bucket after bucket by the anger that proceeded to displaced his sadness.

Artimus looked at his hands, clenched into shaking fists.

“ There will be a reckoning. These men, these vile cultist, they will flee, they will hide, they will face me bravely, foolishly, they will die like dogs, and when they meet their heathen gods, it will be only our names that rest on their lips.

I swear it Mon frère.”

The tumult of wrath roared inside him, he could feel it taking over his whole body, Artimus felt as if his skin would burst at the seams. His vision turned red and his whole body trembled.

Suddenly the pain became like a chorus, the exetential distress joined with something real, something visceral.

'AAUGH’

He let out a scream as blood poured from his fresh seeping wounds. Artimus fell to his knees. He could feel something moving inside him like shards of metal . From all over his body they screamed, tearing flesh in inches as progressed. Secondary to the crescendo of pain, Artimus could feel a warmth in his wrist, an un-natural heat that he’d thought he’d left behind in the hall of the makers (SEE EIB1 http://empireinblood.lefora.com/2010/02/12/part-7-the-halls-of-the-makers/page3/). The burning of the Atherstream. The fire in his wrist grew hotter, Artimus ripped off his glove. Where he thought he would find ruined flesh he found instead a blue glow. He clenched it with all his might and waited for the pain to subside. It only worsened.

The sharp pains inside his body intensified, what was moving was now speeding up, blood poured from his wounds now, gushing out onto the floor. Artimus eyes rolled back into his head as he rolled back on to the floor wailing.

Nnnaaaarghghhgg..arggagh....AAAHHHHG

Through the haze of torturous agony he realized two things. The shards of the demon were moving through his body and the pain was growing closer and closer to his wrist. To the wounds infected by chaos and closed by aether. It was a wound slept now, or so he thought.

The shards of the Golden Daemon congregated at his wrist now, the heat in his wrist became more intense than anything he’d ever felt before, the blue light shone so brightly Artimus adverted his eyes.

He could feel something pulling on his arm literally, it lifted him from his prone position raising him from the ground, slowly, the blue light shining ever brighter. Artimus hung, a foot from the ground, some unseen force dangling him.

Suddenly he fell to the ground, the light extinguished, the Mariner held his smoking wrist his chest still heaving from the overload.

His body trembled as he went into shock.

Moments passed, Artimus slowly came to, the pain had quieted into a soft murmur. The burning in his arm reduced to a soft smoldering ache. Strange symbols had appeared on his wrist, a large circular marking with two others orbiting it. He studied them vexed at their meaning.



[Artimus Gains]

Strange Symbol

The Mark of The Hellion

Emblem of Faerie Fire



Artimus climbed to his feet with some difficulty and slipped his glove back into back into place. He was exhausted, but somehow felt powerful, stronger. He looked, over his friends, alive and passed, his expression cross and dire.

I do now know what has just happened to me, or to us, but it changes nothing of our current aim. I will retrieve the horses and come back for our friends, He said motioning to Wulfric and Skylar. I will meet you at the temple of Magustan, Therus, ordained priest of Magustan will be able to aid the Giess woman. Tell him to expect two more, for burial...

Something did worry the darkened Mariner, He could now sense darkness over all of them even the limp body of Skylar. Save Wulfric...



[Artimus Retrieves horses, and the stash in the farmhouse, returns to the camp on horseback to retrieve the bodies of their friends.]

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 7:45 AM

Artimus, sighed with relief as the city of Sulkporte came into view; however he was long from rest. Passing through the gates, he pulled his hood to its lowest position burying his face deep in it’s darkness, only the bottom of his chin alerted that a man dwelt in it coverings.

Artimus had lifted the gold of the Huntsmen to go towards the cost of laying him to rest. The remaining trappings of the Woodman would go to the earth with him . The roughed Bracers of Sharon-Ur, a detailed Onyx Belt decorated with ornate stags and his prized possession, a powerful Kislevite Horse Bow a Bent from the finest horse-hair, and carved from the pliable birch of the tundra, these bows strike with fury and precision.



Artimus rode to the Temple of Magustan to meet his fellows.


Last edited by Artimus on 11.12.12 12:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   10.12.12 22:43

Garvan, Valaren, Midnorton - The 3rd of Septem, 6:00 AM

The smell of musk and incense permeated the Temple of Magustan as they entered, the heavy oaken doors of the stone building echoing open amongst the bustling sidestreets of the trade wharf.

The great temple was adorned with an impressive skeletal structure of wrought-iron, a brass statue of the muscular Magustan, arms outstretched with a crop in one hand and a swaddled child in the other. Beneath his watchful eyes the doors shut behind the fellowship.

Garvan noticed immediately the fattened stature of Therus ahead of them. He stood, red-faced and nearly screaming at the shrewd form of Geiss, who stood imposingly before him. The echoes of their shouts cascaded down the chamber where the other priests stared from the corners of the temple as they tended to other chores of lamplighting and prayer-saying.

"You cloth-swaddled INFANT!" shouted Geiss, his hands outstretched in alarm. Midnorton saw the giant form of Geiss' man-at-arms, Mousill, leaned against a darkened pillar not far away.

Therus was about to respond when he noticed the fellowship walking towards them, and Geiss' eyes nearly fell from his face as he watched them approach.

"Well…that settles THAT." huffed Therus, racing past Geiss to scoop the young woman up from Midnorton's arms. She was barely breathing, the wounds on her stomach leaking fluid.

"By Magustan's grace…" he murmured, turning to Geiss angrily. "Magustan has blessed you this day, oh Trade Prince" he said with scorn, rushing back into the clergy room. "Pray for her survival." he yelled over his shoulder…

Geiss stared into Garvan's eyes, a queer look on his face.


Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 8:00 AM

Artimus walked sullenly into the temple as the sun rose above the trade district with impunity, the horses tethered outside with the bodies of their fallen aside. Garvan, Midnorton and Valaren nodded as they saw his form, three clerics who had previously been made aware of the imminent arrival of the mariner and the dead moving swiftly outside to recover the bodies.

Geiss sat with Mousill, his face rather whitened. A shock really, given his previous indifference to the scenario. The large man looked rather uncomfortable next to the trade baron, who had not previously shown a hole of weakness around the denizens of Sulkporte.

The mood was somber.

Very few priests toiled in the congregation hall at this point, as the fellowship moved closer to Geiss to speak with him. With a sigh, he turned to them.

"Mere hours ago the fate of a very important season of my business was saved by your bravery, fellowship" he muttered slowly, fat jowls shaking with emotion that seemed rather uncanny on the leadership figure.

"I owe you for the return of my daughter as well, and for your dead fellows incurred by this mission. I've made an empire for myself on the payment of my debts, and I do not intend to shortchange the direness of the situation. I've sent for a creditor of mine, who will be returned from Marienburg five days hence. He will make a deposit of trade bars in the amount of 10,000 gold pieces into the coffers of the empire, made out to you in Trade Notes certified by the Marienburg commission…good for redemption in any Imperial city. You'll be paid promptly for your service."

Geiss coughed, perhaps hardened once more by the sentiment of parting gold. He stood suddenly, brushing off his coat and standing. Mousill stood as well, a cold eye turned towards the Mariner, likely in memory of his injured arm.

As the trade baron moved for the door, he turned once more to meet the fellowship.

"Your companions aboard the Vengeance II sent word for you at my store house. I believe they plan on leaving within the day, so you best see to them if you've still business with that Lord from Cassidy Bluffs. As well, I received a rather mysterious note slipped into my greatcoat and addressed to you. I confess to reading it, given my assumptions of your death. An unsigned letter, requesting a meeting with you in the Seaspray Tavern common room on the 4th of Septem at 11 of the evening. I'll not question your business, given the circumstances."

With that, Geiss turned to leave.

==============================|

OK gentlemen! So I know its been a few days since a post - I've been settling into a groove here (and I was waiting for Artimus to post). I know its the holiday season, so if you're going to be late/missing posts at all please let me know in advance so I can keep things going. As well, you know that I'll be posting at night these days - for your information.

Geiss has, of course, decided to award you with 10,000 gold in trade notes five days from now.

Apparently, Lord Brahnzik's crews is leaving today.

The mysterious note bids you be at the seaspray tomorrow night at 11.

EXP: +100 Each

-LK


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   11.12.12 17:08

Chaos has come to Sulkport.

Artimus moved into the Temple pausing a moment to sign his respect to Magustan. He could use the blessing.
Artimus listent to Giess words, noting the fatherly concern that had taken root on his face.


I'm happy to see that you've found your heart Mister Giess, and that you've kept your word and then some in our payment. Family and your word are two things that once lost, can never be restores. Your daughter was nearly lost to you forever. All the days that follow this one are a gift for you both.

Artimus sat down and penned a letter for Lord Braznik sealed it with wax and marked the soft closure with the pommel of his blade
Greetings Again, Therius can you see that this makes it to the venganceII Cie Vous Plait. I cannot keep my eyes open a second longer.

LETTER'S CONTENTS

Hamus,

Chaos has come to Sulkport.

We have uncovered a that Cult operates on the island, they Kidnapped Giess , A local merchant’s daughter. In truth we did not know what were getting ourselves into. We set out after what we believed were bandits. What we found was darker than anything I had imagined. We were able to save the girl but we didn’t not stop these zealots from raising some manner of ungodliness. It is human in form, burst forth from the loins of the Giess woman, a naked, pale beast with white skin, red eyes, scaly hands and a long tongue. Whatever it is, it is faster than my blade and stronger than Garvan’s Arm.

The Demon is loose, Wulfric is dead and there is no telling what the creature’s intentions are.

The chaos you seek is here My Lord. If the orc seer Aureg's missed this, he may not be the compass you should be following. I leave this to your sound judgement

If it suits you, meet us as the Seaspray Tavern. I recommend caution, a disguise and at least two men accompany you, Ryanith and perhaps another. I believe Verdi de Vecci to be operating the town, although I don’t think he is the cause of this summoning, I have no doubts he will try to wheel the situation to his favour.

I have pledged my pledge to you in your Hunt of demons and chaos slaked the dark thirst in his heart for vengeance and blood and I have no intent to break it. Grant me this leave as you see fit. If you choose to call me to your side I will answer.If you need to get word to us, I will leave instructions with the proprietor of the Seaspray of our next destination.





C’est la seule vertu qui donne la noblesse



Cœur fidèle- Artimus De Londe,



OOC Sorry about the short post, I need sleep BADLY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   11.12.12 18:31

“Hope the Captain will hold off on departing, otherwise it will be difficult to catch up to them. But I agree Artimus, it seems like our work here is not complete. Leaving that unnatural demon to run amok doesn’t sit well with me.”

With the decision to go to the meeting at the tavern the next day, Midnorton contemplated on stuff they might need. He approached one of the priest in the temple, preferably one that looked like they were higher ranked then a simple acolyte.



Last edited by Midnorton on 12.12.12 22:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   11.12.12 19:43

Valaren had seen fit to move around the room in search of anything he could use in his travels. It would appear his fate would be with his new companions, but in order to be an attribution to the group, he would need more than a few chemicals. He had no interest in the currency that would be given to them. Although gold would hold value in many big cities, it would be of no greater good in the place where they were headed. No good at all, in fact.

Of course, it would always be possible to buy some new books or vials around these regions. If Valaren had time, he would be able to find other ways to get these items, but it seemed that this group had no time to spare. Either they would continue their journey on the seas, or follow up on the fact they had seen a demon unleashed in these very regions. It would only seem right to do the latter.

A grave concern fell over him. He had seen 2 people of this group fall in battle in such a short period of time. A man had died in his hands, while they were connected by esotericism. His energy had slipped through the weary hands of this old man.

Guilt. Grief.

Eventhough Valaren had only just met the man, a bond had been formed during his attempt to heal Skyler. A bond that he could not hold on to.

[ Valaren looks around the room, to see if there is anything he can use to perform his magic. I am talking about vials, chemicals, potions

Wit + Knowledge 5d6 + 2]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   11.12.12 19:43

The member 'Valaren' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 6, 6, 1, 6, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   12.12.12 16:56

Garvan sat alone at a table in the Sea Spray with his eyes clenched shut. Suds of ale clung thickly to the inside of his glass, slowly making their way to the bottom; it was still cold to the touch.

He had excused himself from his companions but an hour before and made his way here. The table he had chosen, rather carefully, sat to the corner of the inn away from the smiling bar maids and raucous laughter of the local fisherman. With his eyes still closed he went to take another swig of his ale, not remembering he had emptied it only a moment before. It was when the foam touched his lips that he opened his eyes.

The Sea Spray was still quite empty at this early hour. Workers having a drink before they went to sea, mayhap. Morning sunlight crept in through the thick windows and the smell of bacon permeated throughout. Garvan could see no working girls however. Perhaps a young gilly would help clear the thoughts nipping at his mind, but there were none to be seen. In Marienburg I would be like to find 10 girls wrestling for my coin, he mused.

The ale however, did help, although only slightly. He closed his eyes again and pressed his palms into their sockets, as if that would help to steady his mind. Since they had left the crypt, something had changed in him. No, he though. Before that. When he laid eyes upon the white skinned devil, yes that was it. He couldn't quite put a finger on it but it was as if something was trying to speak to him. Something in the deepest recesses of his mind.

He shook the thought away and went seeking another ale. He could not lose that feeling for long though. Something had happened to Artimus too... Perhaps that Demon has laid some sort of curse on them. Or awoken some ancient evil from within. For some reason his mind kept drifting back to when he had nearly drowned. Or, his mind swam with confusion, he did in fact drown. Was dead and somehow brought back. His memory of the experience was fuzzy but it had involved a God of sorts. Or a Demon.. Not white skinned though, of that he was sure.

"Any bacon for ye friend? Fresh in this morning, 'tis." Garvan had not seen the bar maid approaching, lost in his thoguhts as he was. She was young and beautiful and was balancing nearly ten plates with uncanny ease, all of which Garvan took no notice.

"Ale." He barked in a Gruff voice. Aye, ale. That'll fix you up Garvan..

And so he drank.





==========================




Garvan is having a drink, chilln

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   12.12.12 16:58

Artimus had laid his head down on the wooden writing desk tucked in the corner of the main hall of Magustun. Even with all the commotion in the relatively small church Artimus found a peace there that was comfort. His shoulders relaxed a measure and he felt the crease on his brow soften. He hadn’t realized how long or hard he’d been scowling.

Many things went unnoticed until they were gone.

Artimus Sat up straight in the chair and rubbed his brow for a moment. His gloved hands were rough on his sticky skin. The scent of blood and brimstone were thick on his flesh, he smelt of battle, the earth and death, a bath was in order. He reached to remove his glove, but hesitated. What would the priests think if these marks on his wrist? Perhaps they’d know of them... Perhaps they would condemn him.

The Mariner decided not to take the risk exposing the markings directly. Instead, he drew another piece of cartography papers and made a drawing of the symbols.



Folding the paper, Artimus tucked it into the fold of his shirt.



Artimus reached into his pack and rifled through his belongings, until he located several books. He pulled out the heavy tome of Alchemistic incantations he had promised to Valaran. He approached the wisened man would seemed to be examining the room in a curiously inquisitive way.

What an odd man...

Artimus thought.

Ah Bonjour, Valaran, what is it you’re up too... nevermind I don’t think i want to know. I thank you for your assistance back there; we would have returned with three corpses had you not employed your.... workings. Please take this Tome, I believe it is coded, but it holds the secrets of the now passed Lesale’s Alchemy. I believe much of it to be darkness and vile. But I do not know. It is how you say, ‘Gházhakh(Greek) to me. If my aim is know, my blade craves to finish the beast that flew forth from Lady Giess’ womb, I do not know what a man such as you hungers for. But it will be a perilous adventure and you would be of aid to us.

[Artimus extended the book in offering]

Would you join us Valaran?








Artimus turned to Midnorton and Garvan.
I agree we should see to the demon, Lord Brahnzik may offer us the hunters in this, he is a wise man. It is not the way of Artimus De Londe to swear his Blade to a lord, but the Lord of the Cassidy Bluffs as you know he is fearless and true warrior. He and his men hunt chaos wherever it may appear, so he may approve of this cause, lend us aid of our brothers in arms or Aureg the seer. Although I’m not sure that the half-orc should divining and not peeling onions.



I must say, I wish to continue even if the Lord does not. We would be breaking ranks with the Demon hunters of the VenganceII that we have sworn to serve. I would be regretful to not keep our word; hopefully it does not come to that.

Midnorton, I know you’re way with people, and understand it’s nature... can you see to liquidating the trove we’ve acquired... I’m sure this ax is worth something. We may need to hang onto it till we are at a larger trade post.






Artimus Approach Therus when he emerged from caring for his patient.



Thank you for receiving the survivors.... and our dead. I know I gave you a start when we first met, I hope the trauma has lifted and that Cherous has recovered from his small wounds. Here is some gold to cover the burial and preparations.

[Artimus hands over the gold that was in Wulric’s inventory 250ish I believe] If this amount is lacking I will cover the remainder. Simply say the word.

We have uncovered a cult beneath the earth [ Artimus describes the cult and the demon that escaped]

Do you know anything of this creature, what it may be after, does it have weaknesses, how we can track it? Did you know anything of this cult?

One last thing, do you recognize these symbols at all?
[ Artimus Hand Therus the symbols scrawled in charcoal]


Artimus located a idle stable boy or scribe and asked them to order food enough for all present from the tavern, handing him a measure of 50 gold. As dark as the victory was, it was a victory all the same. they would eat int he names of the fallen. To find the strength to avenge them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   12.12.12 18:13

"Ah Bonjour, Valaren.."

The voice startled Valaren and ended his search abruptly. He turned towards Artimus as his face displayed great uncertainty. He looked at the book which was extended towards him and clearly hesitated to accept the item. The hesitation quickly turned into gratitude. He accepted the item as he listened to the rest of what the mariner was saying.

"Would you join us Valaren?"

Valaren noticed that he was still looking at the book, which was now lying in his hands. He looked up at the mariner only for a short period, as if he was only doing it out of courtesy, before looking at the book once more. "Our paths have alligned, and I do not foresee them parting ways in the near future. I will join you in your quest."

Valaren was far from a social person. He had spent years alone and had grown accustomed to it. He knew common courtesy but sometimes had problems displaying it. This would be one of those times. Without thanking him for the gift, he turned around once more, looking around the room for any items he could use.

He wondered about the future and what it would hold for them. A lot of strange things had happened in this short period of time, and each member had displayed strange behaviour. This was no ordinary group of people..And they were not in an ordinary situation..



====================
My roll from last post still counts, right? I wanted to post something about the book before a lore post came through, just to complete the story here.
====================

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   13.12.12 12:08

Artimus, Midnorton, Valaren - The 3rd of Septem, 8:00 AM


The three fellows stood in the echoing chamber of the Temple, Garvan having parted a short time previous.

Amidst the morning bustle of the monks that moved about, Therus had emerged from the sanctuary in the rear of the temple, where unseen monks of the great God toiled over the fragile body of lady Geiss. Incense filled the air in a thick smog, and the anointed priest Therus crossed the marble floor to accept Artimus' gold and acknowledge the fellowship.

"She is in good hands. Magustan will care for her. And this...this gold will more than cover our costs, Artimus. Thank you."

Therus paused as the Mariner allayed him with questions, Valaren skulking off after stowing his book to look for alchemical ingredients.

The priest took a quick look at the symbols, his brow furrowing into a look of deep contemplation.

"I know not what these symbols represent. There are a variety of cults that operate in the name of faceless chaos Gods, I am sure you know. As well..."

Therus became silent for a moment, watching as Valaren moved away from them and began to tour about the cathedral.

"...these isles are tumultuous, Mariner. I'm certain that a man of the Sea knows of Sulkporte's reputation amongst the empire. A cursed city built on a cursed isle, with a quiet history of black magisters and practicioners of chaos. These days we are fortunate enough to feel the embrace of Magustan about our walls, but there was a time not so many decades ago when the Wild Gods were worshipped more often than naught, out of ignorance for the greater blessing of Magustan."

Two young boys moved past them without heed, carrying tall candles that towered above their heads, with great abundant flames radiating light upon the pews and the floor.

Therus watched them walk past, and then lowered his voice.

"There are older places in the Seaspray Isles where his light has not penetrated. Darker, eldritch villages inland - where small bastions and hamlets worship the old Wild Gods and stand alone against the evils that lurk in the crags and crevices. You'd like find some answers there, though I've never ventured in those hills myself."

As if a sudden thought had come to his mind, he turned abruptly and gestured for the fellowship to follow. Quickly, he skirted across the marble and approached a small shrine that lay beneath an iron statue of Magustan. Finding a piece of parchment and a quill in an ornate gold box, he began fervently writing a note in long, elaborate lettering.

"There is a roadside temple eight miles north of here. An abbey, where our acolytes visit from time to time in order to pay respect to Magustan's first bulwark upon these shores. Father Abendas keeps mass there, and he is a native of the Seasprays present here long before my time. He may be of service to you. Take this letter to him, it will endear him to you...he has become slightly callous in his age."

With that, Therus turned to take his leave.

[...]

Valaren moved swiftly around the temple, looking for the alchemical ingredients he needed. He spoke briefly with an acolyte who questioned his search;

"Ah, no sir, I'm sorry but we do our healing through the divine light of Magustan. There is an herbologist in the Trade Wharf, however. A strange young man from Estalia, I believe...his name is Hornaz. Perhaps he can help you?"

With that, the young acolyte turned back to prayer.

=============================================

OK fellows, I appreciate the myriad of posts you guys have made over the past few days. I feel that it was good for us to have a couple of rounds of posting without my interference...got some RP on the table!

So here is the timeline as we have it:

1) Garvan is sitting in the Seaspray tavern, minding his cups

2) Its approaching noon

3) You've sent a courier to the Vengeance II, for Lord Brahnzik to meet you at the Seaspray Tavern this evening

4) You've a meeting with a mysterious individual tomorrow evening at the Seaspray

5) Therus has informed you of an abbey north of Sulkporte where you might be able to ascertain some new knowledge about the white Demon.

Right now, you can set about town and do whatever you'd like. Valaren, if you plan on going to the Herbologist for ingredients etc. then please do so in the Marketplace Smile

EXP: +200 EXP to each of you for fantastic posts. also, +50 GDP to each of you as well.

-LK


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   13.12.12 19:01

Diana walked into the local tavern at Sulkporte, took a look around... The usual crowd. Except here, no bar maids to tamper with her fun.
She sat down by the bar and ordered a drink. Likely the first of many.

"I'll have a mug of ale." Diana winked at the barkeep, for a chance of a free drink.

She took a look around at the people, it was early in the morning but good enough considering she had just arrived to town by daybreak. She saw some local fisherman preparing to set off for their daily catch. It seemed as though one of them was going to approach her. But... playing hard to get it always much more fun. So she approached a lone man sitting at a table, deep in thought. He seemed rough on the outside, as though he had recently just been through a dump. All the more likely that she could get something out of him.

Diana took her drink and walked over to Garvan. The other man approaching her stopped in his tracks as she motioned over to him. She moved her hand over his broad shoulders and brought a stool and sat beside him.

"Hey handsome, mind if I sit here?"

He looked deep in thought as he drank away. Clearly something was on his mind... It was important to Diana to find out what. Diana decided to test her skills on this man... Perhaps weak minded enough to be fooled.
==========================================
Cast illusion:
Illusion skill - 4D wit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   13.12.12 19:01

The member 'Diana' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 3, 1, 1, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   13.12.12 19:02

Forgot to add the extra 2D from Illusion skill
should have been 6D not 4D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   13.12.12 19:02

The member 'Diana' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 3, 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   16.12.12 22:57

After leaving the Church, Midnorton contemplated on what he should do to pass time. He finally decided to get some ale, having had little time to relax since they pulled into harbor.

Midnorton made his way to the Seaspray Tavern. He enjoyed the site of the city as he moved about, he dodged children playing, winked at young maids that went about their daily duties, spooked pickpockets that tried to steal from him.

He finally arrived at the Seaspray Tavern an entered. He wrinkled his nose for a moment as the smell of unwashed bodies flowed over him. He scanned around and spotted Garvan and raised an eyebrow in surprise to see him sitting with a woman.

Not the type to be shy, Midnorton walked over and pulled over an empty chair and placed his firm butt down. He whistled for the cutest barmaid to come over…

With a purr, “Hey there cutey, do you mind getting me some ale.” He winked at her.

As the barmaid goes to get his beverage, Midnorton turned to Garvan and smiled. “You sly dog, didn’t know you had it in you. So who is the charming lady you are out on a date with?”

==================

Used Seduction to charm a barmaid to perhaps give him a little more then just ale. Perhaps a meal or even her warm bed for the night.. Razz

SEDUCTION
Charm [4d6] + Seduction [1d6]
[Roll: 1+4+1+6+6 = 18]


Last edited by Midnorton on 16.12.12 23:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   16.12.12 22:57

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 1, 4, 1, 6, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   17.12.12 22:11

Diana began to cast her illusion spell on Garvan. Testing to see what he was up to. She had it all planned out. As she formulated her spell in preparation she concentrated and quickly went over her scenario:

Diana moves over to Garvan and shirt already opened from illusions showing off a bit of cleavage. She bent over as her breasts heaved to let him have a faint sight.

"Tell me what's on your mind~"

Diana continued to walk around him, stroking her fingers across his back. She leaned in closer to his ear and whispered, “I’ll make it worth your while.”


When she was interrupted by what seemed to be the man's friend.
Garvan... hmm? So that's his name...

Diana tried to cast the illusion into his mind, she whispered a few words and tried. But his mind was too strong. Beneath that rugged exterior he was a lot stronger in his mind than she expected.

Diana stood up and walked over to Midnorton.
Hello there handsome, I'm Diana. Your friend here was just entertaining me with a great story...
She then whispered to Midnorton's ear:
Not much of a talker is he...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   17.12.12 23:57

Midnorton smirked at the woman’s seduction and showed some admiration, but knew it took more than good looks to be good at it. He has had a lot of experience picking up women while in port and even a few men in his youth before s/he learned to take human form.

"I am known as Midnorton, sometimes just Mid."

“Garvan has always been a little ’shy‘ but he is a good man to have your back and you could do a lot worse for a night of entertainment if that is your goal. But be warned, if you think he is easy pickings for a rogue, he is liable to split you from your pretty head to your crotch with his weapon and that isn‘t an innuendo.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   18.12.12 15:20

Garvan watched warily as the strange woman approached him. She immediatley stood out from the rest of the rabble. Not a fishermans daughter or town harlot, this one had the look of a warrior, hard as that may be the believe. She flourished her tits in his face but Garvan was not immune to the charms of a woman and it took much strength to avoid buring his face there.

The only conclusion he could draw was that she must mean to pick pocket him. Maybe fuck him first and pick pocket him after, that would be easier for her. Garvan was nearly willing to dumbly wander into the girls trap when Midnorton showed up, breaking Garvans gaze. Gods was she beautiful! The woman seemed disheartened by the younger more attractive mans arrival, Garvan was a little too, but realized something was amiss by this turn of events. Garvan shifted in his chair, wearing a lustful smile, and was about to shoo Midnorton on his way when the young lad made a joke. Garvan could not help but burst out in bellowsome laughter, drawing the eye of a few drunks momentarily.

"Midnorton, you bloody trickster!" He slapped the table making the mugs rotate on their bases, "This young lady was just about to buy us a round, weren'tcha sweet heart?" He winked at her and pulled out a chair for her. "Go on, have a seat. We don't bite." He gestured at the chair still beaming ear to ear.

He reached into the air and motioned enthusiatically (even for one in an inebriated state such as he) for the barmaid to come over. She had already been staring at them and put down the rag she had been using to buff the counter as she made her way towards them.

"So m'lday", Garvan spewed sarcastically, "What brings you to Sulkeporte?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   18.12.12 16:22

Diana turned back and took a seat as Garvan made his remarks. He sure wasn't a gentle sort of guy... Diana took a seat and looked at the two of them. Clearly they were not like the locals... These guys were well armed. If they were knights they would have been with the others slobbering away on the table beside them. Who were they? Whatever they did, it could mean pay for Diana.

"Oh I'd love to buy you guys a drink, but you'll have to tell me where a mercenary can get a job around here."

Diana put her feet up on the table and leaned back a bit. Crossed her arms and gave Garvan and Mid a little smirk. Diana still carried her spear with her into the bar. But the tip was covered by a sack. To hide the obviousness, she placed another sack on the other end. One was white the other black. The black one meant death. The white side was more gentle.

Diana motioned for another round for the boys. She patted a seat beside her and looked at Midnorton.

"Come have a seat boy. Don't worry, I only bite a little."

Diana winks at MIdnorton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   18.12.12 19:03

Midnorton took the invitation by the woman named Diana and set next to her. He took his bow off his shoulder and leaned it against his chair.

Not sure what to really say about themselves he just went with the basics, “We are sailors for the most part, but while in harbor we often do odd jobs for either merchants or our Captain that often involve blades and arrows.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part IV: What Had Walked   

Back to top Go down
 
Part IV: What Had Walked
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The untapped part of the brain
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1
» Mental Health : Trying to heal the mental part to eating too much
» Rob Skiba - Did Israel Really Become a Nation in 1948 (part 2 mp3 is up)
» Darkness Descending /Part One/Part Two

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: