HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part I: Boarding Vengeance

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   09.08.12 13:33

Couple quick notes:

Artimus makes sure he notes on his map of the old world the location of the Orc island.

Artimus also ensures that the skiff is take aboard, battoned down and checked over. you never know when something like that would come in handly.

Cartography 1d6+2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   09.08.12 13:33

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

'D6' : 4, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   09.08.12 17:34

Fellowship - The 1st of Septem - 6:00 AM


The morning broke crisp and cold, as the fellowship roused themselves from their sleep and found the Vengeance II already underway.

The manifest lay sprawled across the desk in their cabin, having been perused by candlelight by Wulfric and Artimus until the red sun began to blister from beyond the horizon.

They had found very little by way of secretive or valuable information. Rather, it seemed that the manifest housed a collection of papers of trade, signed and sealed by various merchant houses that plied their route between Norsca and the Empire through Marienburg.

The island town of Sulkporte was referenced several times, as the host port for a large merchant guild entitled Geiss Company. By the early hours of the morning, they had ascertained that through this document, Geiss Company stood to profit by an agreement for exclusive dealings in fur throughout 4 of the greater Empire furrier guilds.



Fellowship - The 1st of Septem - 9:00 AM

The crew was active, the Vengeance II under full sail as the morning sun rose above the water and hung lazily in the sky. Lord Brahnzik had not risen from his chambers today, but Captain Aurelik strode the deck confidently, speaking animatedly with Ronal.

The pair caught up with the fellowship, nodding in their direction.

"I've nary slept a wink, and I'm sure I'm worse for it. But thank you, fellowship, for saving my skin from those pigfucking ingrates, yeah?"

Ronal smiled toothily, the smell of brandy wafting from his breath. Captain Aurelik wore a smug look, grabbing the brandy from the navigator of the now defunct North Sword, and taking a deep swig.

The wind blew hard over the deck, drawing his locks into his eyes as Aurelik spoke candidly.

"You're a braver lot than most, fellows. We should have followed you. My apologies." he paused briefly. "I related your request to Lord Brahnzik, Artimus. He entertained the idea of scouring the coast of those pirates, but we are woefully short on supplies and we must press onward. We are due for Sulkporte by the evening hour, and I think our men deserve a stop in the port before we assess whether or not to continue northward, or head back to the bluffs."

Aurelik looked at them with a look of frustration, holding up Ronal, who seemed to be dozing off on his feet.

"It seems that this voyage will be for naught regardless. Aureg has lead us astray once more."

With that, the pair stumbled down to the cabin quarters.

=====================================

OK fellows, the Vengeance II is due to dock in Sulkporte at the end of the day, so this will be an opportunity to take care of anything onboard, or roleplay a little bit more (as Midnorton is away this evening)

Ronal will be woken by the afternoon. Any PC's wishing to pick his brain may increase their Cartography or Navigation skills by 1 pip for half the normal experience cost.

EXP: +50 EXP to all for posting, and +50 EXP to all for the great roleplaying posts. Artimus gets an additional +25 EXP for CURATING THE JOURNAL!

-LK

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   10.08.12 13:05

Artimus was polishing his boots when the word reached him. “Seems old stanky Aureg can’t see much beyond his grimey cabin.” Jorgaz the Estalian reported poking his into Artimus and Wulfrics cabin

“The seer has come up with nothin, AGAIN, so we’re making for Sulkporte for resupply. Should give us a chance to see the women of this lonely isle, eh? What to you think, the two of us take every wet crack they have to offer”

Artimus was half listening at first, his concentration on the care of his boots, his head shot up with the mention of remote island town Sulkporte.


“Uh non, mon ami, but merci, I am not feeling zo well. I muzt have caught a fever from thoze fithy orcz...”

Artimus stammered in an uncommonly uneasy tone.

“ I have zome buzinezz to attend to, then I will be back to the zhip... to rezt.”

Artimus was feeling fine, save for the bit in his stomach. Out of his footlocker he pulled out his unseasonably thick wolfpelt cloak and doned it as casually as one can don a thick winter coat with summer still nipping the heels of fall.

Rising from his cott he brushed by the confused Estalian still somewhat phased by the mariner’s strange reaction.

“J’mecuse he offered as he passed.

Walking through the cabin hallway he located Garvan.

“ Pardon et moi Garvan, But I will be needing your azziztance with the exchange of thiz ledger, can you hold it for me? You will be my .. how you zay ‘ace in the hole’ if thingz go zour in our dealingz with the Geizz Company. No one would think you and I were partnerz. Non? Check with Wulfric and that lithe fellow Midnorton, perhapz they would like to join uz... we zhould probably cut them in... at a lezzer rate of courze.”

Leaving the cabin Artimus sought out Ronal, the once captive, now mildly intoxicated navigator.


Ronal, I know you are ztill recovering”

Artimus paused glancing at the jug that was the means of his recovery.

“But I need you to zober up, I need you to be my voice when zpeaking to the merchant’z guild on Zulkporte. You have the knowhow to prove it’z authenticity and know it’z true worth. You are not to mention my name. You’re reprezenting the Lord, and I am your body guard. My face will be hidden beneath thiz hood. Thiz will zet uz even for zaving your life. Comprende?”



Artimus laid his plan, hoping Ronal wouldn’t ask any questions. Perhaps the danger of selling a ledger from a sunken vessel was enough to quell curiosity. The secret he was protecting was much older, but at the same time less dire. Artimus feared he’d be recognized from the last time he’d been to that isle. A time before he was Artimus de Londe, in the charge of the merchant of Death, Verrdi de Vecci. Before he was a famous mercenary known for his ability to get difficulty tasks done. A time he was a young man, dressed in his uncles tired leathers, on the first voyage he took as arm for hire. This place of all places is where he was known by a not so fearsome title.



He dared not even think it, for fear he'd summon the name , like a scarelet letter.




He prayed like never before he wouldn’t be seen.



When they made landfall Artimus would accompany Ronal to the Geiss Company. Keeping his identity as secret as possible. Garvan has the manifest; Artimus has suggested that he lag behind, not being identified as being with the group.

Artimus spends 1000xp for a rank s in navigation and cartography.



Disguise 3d6 6, 4, 3 =13


Persuade 3d6 5, 5, 3 = 13


Last edited by Artimus on 10.08.12 14:00; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   10.08.12 13:05

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'D6' : 6, 4, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 5, 5, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   10.08.12 13:55

The room was spinning when Garvan awoke. The salty breeze flowing through the porthole was a welcome reprise. He had been lacing up his sword belt when Artimus entered his humble cabin. They spoke briefly and Garvan grumbled approval. He was better at dealing with fish then men, and took comfort in the fact that he would not be the centre of attention.

Up on the deck the port town of Sulkporte grew horizion. The mornign sun glimmering off her rooftops in the distance. There was a sort of romance about port towns for Garvan. The sights, the smells, the girls. The docks were always lively and the company was grand. For the most part.

He had awoken with an empty wine skin near his bed, presumably from the night before with the crew. He had spent a portion of his morning haggeling with some kitchen wench in efforts to refill it. It had not been an easy task but when he took a sip of it now the sour red Marienburg vintage offered up a cheap yet refreshingly familiar taste. Garvans thoughts then turned to Aureg and he discerned that he and his fellows had not been given enough information into the seers forsight.

garvan turned from the sight of Sulkporte and went to seek captain Aurelik. Perhaps he would be able shed some light on the Orcs visions. What had their original destination been? And why now was it decided that these visions were merely hallucinations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   10.08.12 22:31

Midnorton awoke in his cabin and stretched his muscles and winced in pain from the scabs left over from the shark bites. He then proceeded to dress and climbed back onto deck and looked out in the horizon, toward the port they are heading to.

He sneezed due to the salt air and images of the forest and the pleasant smells of morning dew and mold that reminded him of his home. While in port, Midnorton decided he will need to reach some wooded area, even if it is then. He felt almost a compulsion to do this.

========

Sorry post is really short, but the medicine makes my eye blurry when looking at the screen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   12.08.12 16:04

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 8:00 AM

The rooftops of Sulkporte glistened in the morning sun as the fellowship gazed into the harbour of the large town on the forward deck of the Vengeance II. Behind them the soldiers busied themselves with sail and line, captain Aurelik whistling idly to himself at the helm.

Garvan quickly recalled the conversation he had had with the shipcaptain earlier that day, on the topic of Aureg. It was a short exchange of words, and it was clear that Aurelik was not fond of the journey that Lord Brahnzik had commissioned at the behest of Aureg. He was a loyal man (and to the gold of the Brahnzik's, one could be most loyal), but from the beginning the captain believed this journey to be a farce.

Now, Aurelik was calling out to the men and the mates, guiding them in to what was an unexpectedly bustling harbour.

Sulkporte was a large town, and its seven docks sprawled out into the Sea of Claws crammed with merchant vessels from Norsca, Kislev and the Empire. All but Artimus were unfamiliar with all of the flags flying from tall masts, and even the mariner did not recognize every one of them.

Nearly eighty boats were moored and docked around the harbourmouth, which was flanked by a great wall that extended beyond view as the perimeter of the town. Looming above the skyline was a narrow keep that overlooked Sulkporte and its pointed roofs.

"She's a pretty sight, no? Ales and whores aplenty, I'd wager." said a familiar voice behind them. Ronal had joined them on deck, and he nodded towards them in regards to Artimus' plan.

"I've thought it over, mariner, and I've no qualms with joining you and yours in this extortion of legal Imperial documents, providing I receive a modest share. Those bastards didn't pay me enough anyhow, and I'm sure the muster general won't be shedding a tear once the North Sword doesn't pull into harbour next week." Unsuprisingly, he seemed grim at the thought of it.

From behind them, a voice called out. They turned, and noticed several of the men already descending the gangplank into the busy docks where merchants from far and wide were hocking wares among one another. Standing by the middlemast was Lord Brahnzik, bundled in a thick greatcoat and staring out at Sulkporte from beneath a wide-brimmed leather hat. His longsword hung purposefully from his side, and he gestured quietly for the fellowship to approach. Ronal moved to approach as well, but a glance from the lord of the Bluffs stopped him.

"…I see we've another passenger on board." mused Lord Brahnzik, staring warily at the navigator. "Watch him, and watch Sulkporte, fellowship. The men are here for whoring and drinking, and I dare not interrupt their outlet. This journey makes little sense to them, and they are angry with me for listening to…"

He paused, Aureg's name on his lips.

"Regardless, I will not return to the Bluffs until this source of evil is identified and uprooted. The seer tells me we are on path, and I will not turn back this time."

Swiftly, Lord Brahnzik placed his hand inside his greatcoat and withdrew something within his palm.

"Sulkporte is old. One of the oldest ports in the Sea of Claws. There are members of society here that have roots to the founding days of the Empire, and they have influence beyond its borders, and motives that shift by the day. But I am certain that they have knowledge, fellowship. There is an old presence here, called The Volar. They keep their allegiance a secret, but I am convinced that they might know something of our quest."

He held out his palm, revealing a small gold ring with the signet of an owl emblazoned onto its face.

"This is their signet fellowship. Be wary to whom you expose it."

With that, Lord Brahnzik turned and headed belowdeck.

=============================================|

Welcome to Sulkporte, fellowship. Sulkporte is the largest port in the string of islands known as The Seaspray Islands, which is a long chain of close-knit isles. It is known for tremendous wealth and influence on the shipping between Norsca, Kislev and The Empire.

The town is bordered by a massive stone wall that runs its perimeter and historically has protected it from pirates and privateer armies, as well as dangers from the untamed countryside.

The wharf, where you are, runs 7 long docks that are host to almost 80 ships at the moment.

Read about Sulkporte here: SULKPORTE


EXP: +50 Mid/Garv/Art

Cheers
-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   13.08.12 14:01

Midnorton looked at his companions and smiled before he talked, “There is something I must do. I shall meet you all at in an hour..."

Without another word, Midnorton leaped over the railing and rolled with his landing onto the dock before he sprinted off into the crowd, quickly disappearing…



Several hours later, Midnorton met the party. There was almost a glow about him, as if something momentous happened…

============

I assume the DM can see the hidden text.

LK'S NOTES: Mid, in the interest of not splitting the party I've made it so that you meet up with the party as soon as possible. So I changed it a little bit. hope thats ok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   14.08.12 12:26

The coarse sunlight snuck through an errant gap in the cabin’s roof smuggling with it the muted sounds of scuttling commerce. The shouting of waterlogged sailors was shook through the hull, seemingly carried with the beams of day. The men on the wharf so eager to de-ship their cargo. Their minds were already yearning for a frothy mug, waiting atop the bar at the Seaspray Tavern. While others of the rushing seamen were day dreaming of the whores who waited between straw smelling sheets. The girls making the beds smell sweetly with their blooming flowers.

Artimus cursed the sunlight, cursed their joy, their dripping crevices. Artimus cursed the whole island. A mariner praying for a storm is rarer than diamonds ‘round the neck of a beggar. But there they hung, the hope of darkness around his neck. He began to hide, not in the absent shadows. He hid his face in a his wolfcloak, his accent back in his throat and his distinctive blade in father behind his hip than he’d prefer. Even a clutch of wandering clouds would prove an ally on these familiar roads, with familiar eyes and old names.

Oreg Qualtrough, Allanon Vecchiarelli and Ubochi Cadoo were three old names that haunted his mind. Rising up from his past like corpses from a crypt, unnatural and unwanted .The Hammer, the Blade and the Black as they were know to the circle of death. The heralds of Vedri de Vercci, the merchant of death himself. This secretive cabal operated from this island, it’s centrality among the nations made it quite convenient and it’s rotating cast of sailors, merchants, diplomats with villains mixed among them as they are. made it ideal to maintain their ghostlike anonymity. Artimus had crossed these three marauders in the carrying out his mission on his earliest days. They had chosen the island for manipulation, and were in the midst of manipulating the local economy and populous by limiting the food supply, releasing vermin and reporting disease on the island. The end goal was to devalue the locals’ currency and push the people to desperation; for help, for change for anything to feed their bellies and clamor the rats from their backs. After a season of machination, Vercci was stationed to buy out more than half the island for a pittance. He, through his operatives went about quietly murdering any resistor with any sway under the guise of the plague. This was the way of the Verdi. One hand plunging a dagger into your back as he helped you up with the other, for a price.


How empires sunk into his clutches, snared before they even knew they were in the woods.


It was the last cry for help that met Artimus’ ear through the sailor’s guild in Nez from the magistrate at the time Naro Wylin. It was desperate, paid well, and was sure to gain the novice mariner some notoriety. His plan was simple enough; he’d figure it out after he’d gotten the job.
He had no idea that he’d cross one of the most deadly men in the entire Old world. He chucked softly thinking of how he managed to convince Naro he could handle it. The confusing and inaccurate legend that followed Artimus from the events that followed. it would be funnier if they weren’t so infuriating, if it didn’t carry that moniker he reviled... The Gre..... he couldn’t bear to even think it.




Artimus banished these thoughts of the past. For now he must himself become a terrible thought. Shift his mind to that other place of edge and shadow



Artimus secured his hood and cloak, tucking the Kraken's fist deep within his shirt and followed alongside Ronal, signaling for Garvan to take his position. He took the stride of a bodyguard, broad in the chest, but seemingly uninterested in the goings on that did not concern his charges safety.



Camouflage (Charm)


Last edited by Artimus on 14.08.12 21:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   14.08.12 12:26

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

'D6' : 5, 4, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   14.08.12 12:35

The bustling port was as much alive as any person. The screams of gulls and shouts of the men unloading ships mingled to produce a steady buzz of energy. The crew of the Vengeance was already busy hauling fresh stores of water and salted fish onto the desk; men on the docks heaving on thick ropes as men above yelled directions.

Garvan open his fist to glimpse again at the signet ring Braznhik had given the party, its thick gold band shimmering in the sunlight. He tucked it away safely into his pocket, patting it again as he did so to ensure its placement.

The Volar, he thought to himself as he plodded down the gangplank to the docks. What information did they stand to gain from them when Garvan himself was in the dark about their mission. Perhaps Aureg's visions had brought them here for a purpose and Garvan was hopeful their path would unfold before him.

Nearby, two women shouted out to passing sailors. They had buckets brimming with muscles and clams and were desperatley trying to pass off the morning catch to anyone willing to pay. When Garvan made eye contact with one of the girls she began to shout in his direction. Practically naked the girls shirt hung loosely about her shoulders and her dark damp hair clung to her cheek. It was a hot day and the fisherman in Garvan couldnt help but imagine himself sweating and selling fish to the masses. He tossed a coin at them and helped himself to a handful of oysetrs. The flesh was tangy and he could still taste the salt from the sea. It was a welcome treat from a week of eating salted fish for every meal. The women briefly praised him as he turned to meet his companions gathering on the dock.

He approached Artimus, who was hidden in his disguise. "Thats a good look for you friend." He jested. "Shall we?" He extended his arms signlaling for the Mariner to lead the way.


==================

Garvan will accompany Artmius and the rest of teh party to the Geiss company tradehouse in attempt to sell off their treasure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   14.08.12 17:44

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 8:30 AM

The cobbles felt foreign beneath the feet of the fellowship as they walked upon the wharf, Midnorton departing promptly and promising to meet them at the Geiss Company Roundhouse within the hour.

The sun was rising in the sky, and the sound of gulls mingled with the crashing of the waves as the fellowship wove its way through the bustling port. The weight of the trade manifest was heavy in Garvan's hands, the salty brine from his brief breakfast still heavy in his nose.

It took them a time to reach the corridor that lead past tall, weathered looking buildings to reach the Trade Quarter. They stepped past an elderly man who hammered and toiled at an anvil outside of his lichen-covered home, nodding to them as they passed into the quieter district.

Through the long street they walked, the offices of wealthy merchants looming to either side. They were met by only a handful of well-dressed officials walking to and fro through the streets and between the manses, usually in the presence of a well-armed house guard or two.

[...]

It wasn't long before Ronal, and Artimus stood before the heavily wooded door of the Geiss company, a double entrance gilded in iron and silver and emblazoned with their trading signet, a silver barrel embossed with a black cross. Garvan and Wulfric lurked in the shadows as Artimus covered Ronal with the aid of Wulfric from afar.

The knocker echoed off the thick oak like a cannon shot, the impending silence broken by its heavy creaking inward, revealing a thin man in his early twenties. Behind him, the fellowship caught glimpse of the large warehouse bearing stack upon stack of the silvered barrels, currently being accounted for by no less than a dozen store-hands.

The thin man looked warily at the group, a look of anger and worry in his face as he addressed Ronal.

"For what business brings you to the Geiss company, and armed as such? You look as if you've lost your way...we are a business, and will supply no alms nor endure any solicitation."

Beyond, the fellowship could see an office window with a view of the work floor, host to a candle glowing in the face of a dark silhouette.


==========================================
NOTE: ARTIMUS will be speaking and controlling for Ronal. He is your NPC for now.


Well posted yesterday guys! It was a pleasure to read your posts, and I loved the liberties you took with being in character. Artimus, loved the history. Garvan, the mussel scene was vivid. And Mid, Im pretty sure everyone could see the yellow text haha, but it was a nebulous and very satisfying read, so thanks!

+75 XP for the 3 of you, thanks to that.

Looking forward to tomorrows post

Cheers

-LK


Last edited by Lore Keeper on 15.08.12 11:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   15.08.12 8:39

Artimus stood silently behind Ronal, waiting for him to request audience to parlay the manifest they had rescued.


Without looking he knew that Garvan was steadily at his post just out of sight of the maginificant door.

Ha! Armed as such, funny bo-yo funny indeed. I can tell from your reaction you know exactly why, it’s not safe walking around UN escorted. Maybe you, you look strong. Yes muscled, I can see it. I assure you lad the silent fellow to my left and this meagre blade are only for my protection. A stout man like you, employed at a place like this has nothing to fear from me, does he? No I’m sure he doesn’t.

Let’s forget all that, onto business.

I am Ronal of Aldorf, Formerly the Navigator of the North sword merchant ship. Formerly as it has been claimed by orcs. Terrible thing that, all my mates dead. Not good death either. Shame, yes. But that is of no matter. Thanks to some brave men I’m alive, thank the stars. Really thank em. My rescuers have also seen fit to retrieve this manifest. It seems to have some importance to your company. My rescuers would graciously like to return it to you if they could be compensated for their hard work.

When would be a good time to make the exchange and discuss payment?

Or perhaps your not interested? Maybe not no... If that’s the case I would be on my way. Not to waste any more of your precious time. Precious indeed I’m sure. Yes
Ronal turned slightly as if to leave

Some wilier folk said there was more gold in selling it to a competitor, but no I said, Giess will do right by us, I know it. I hates to be wrong. You know what wrong navigator is eh, son. Lost that’s what. Lost indeed.

I’m a place man, not so great with times. But if it’s a time to be set, let’s set it and I’ll see to the place. Then we’ll have a time and place yes?

or maybe there is someone that could see us now, now and then. now is better than then, isn't it? I think yes.

Ronal replied to the man, with a kind of stammering grace. the kind of reply that sounded like the worlds of the most elequent man, if those words were to fall down a flight of stairs.



Artimus Studied the man at the door, his hands, his age. trying to read his reactions. silently he looked about the room for anything that would stand out to him



Sorry missed the roll for spot


Last edited by Artimus on 15.08.12 14:17; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   15.08.12 10:35

The ritual did not take as long as he thought it would and Midnorton moved quickly to rejoin the fellowship. He glided through the streets of the city with his new found confidence. His emerald eyes almost glowing as he passed by children that could sense something but knew not what and could only stare in awe as Midnorton passed them by.

Where he passed, Midnorton left the fresh scent of the forest embraced by the morning dawn. He slowed his progress down some as he got closer to the meeting place. To his surprise he spotted the others at the door to warehouse. Midnorton approached cautiously and greeted them…

“Ho… Glad I caught up with you. Though I thought you might have already concluded our business here.”

Midnorton approached in a way to show the doorman he is not a threat. His hands away from his weapons and all his weapons sheathed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   15.08.12 14:55

From his position Garvan was unable to make out what his fellows were saying. He heard the words Orc and trade and price once or twice but it was difficult for his to judge how the conversation was going. He shifted his gaze away from them and looked down the street ahead of him. The rolling cobblestone street was so different from Marienburg. He had not spent too much time in other towns but it was always good to experience how others lived.

Cleaner, he thought. Yes. The streets here were cleaner that was the difference. Less horses on an island he concluded, and indeed the streets were generally clear from horse shit. He shifted his weight agaisnt the wall he was leanign on and the ledger nearly fell from out from beneath his garbs.

Tightening his grip on the bound leather Garvan took to whistling as he awaited a signal from his companions. He wondered how inconspicuous he was leaning against a wall with a sword at his side and a 5 foot trident beside him..


====

Qick post, busy day! Garvan is jsut max'n and relax'n waiitng for artimus' signal to enter with the tome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   15.08.12 17:34

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 8:40 AM

The steward stood cross-armed in the door, watching Ronal and Artimus as the navigator said his peace. Garvan and Wulfric noticed Midnorton silently sliding in behind them, watching the doorward as the duo sought entry.

"A trade manifest?" the steward's face dropped, and his guard diminished just slightly. As if to punctuate his surprise, a flock of pigeons flew overhead and down into the alley around them.

The labourers in the warehouse were casting glances at them as the steward attempted to process Ronal's advances.

"Very well... come inside, and I will see if Mr. Geiss is interested in your...offering.

The steward held the door open, a look of mistrust across his brow. He wore a dark blue dresscoat atop a fine brown vest, and the unease evident upon his person was unbefitting of his smart outfit.

"Mousill, come-" he called out behind him. A gentleman with an unfortunately large head and arms nearly as big as the barrels he lifted looked over.

"Mousill, take their weapons. They wish to see Geiss."

With a nod, the lumbering man walked over.

============================

OK fellows, I know this is a short post. Let's outline things, shall we?

Artimus and Ronal are at the door, speaking with the steward. Garvan, Midnorton, and Wulfric are off to the side, watching things happen.

Explain exactly how you plan on approaching this situation, so that there is no confusion on my end. I know you guys want to optimize your protection in this moderately tense situation, but I also dont want to bog down this interaction with too many unnecessary steps.

Please just be specific about what it is you want to accomplish, in the Out-Of-Character section at the bottom of your post.

Cheers!

PS - Great roleplaying guys! Its really refreshing to see.
+75 XP each (MID/ART/GARV)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   16.08.12 0:21

Midnorton looked at his two companions left behind with him and whispered, “Lets see if we can find a back way in, just in case things get difficult inside for our companions. If they get in trouble while we are out here, we might not know.”

With that said, Midnorton slipped into the shadows and moved down the side of the warehouse as he looked for an unguarded and unlocked window or door. He stopped every so often and listened for any security that might be posted only glancing back once in a while to see how the others are doing.

============

As stated above. Midnorton will move down the alley on the nearest side of the building, ultimately heading toward the back and up the other side if needed. He will be looking for an unsecured window to climb through or possibly a door if no one is guarding it.


Stealth
[Dice 1: 6, 2, 2, 6 = 14]

Perception
[Dice 2: 2]


Last edited by Midnorton on 16.08.12 0:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   16.08.12 0:21

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'D6' : 6, 2, 2, 6

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   16.08.12 10:32

“Feeling a-bit timid about Ronal eh? I must be scarier than I look, Ha Boo! What fun,yes.

Ronal said somewhat excitedly

Artimus looked to Ronal as if to check with his master like an obedient pup. Ronal played along, nodding softly as he removed his own sword. Artimus too pulled his knife slowly from his sheath and handed it to Ronal.

Well then, now that that’s done let not doddle now, I’m sure Mr.Giess is busy indeed, Boxes to move deals to make. Captain of this ship...of these shippers, admiral of administration, you know what? I don’t know what I’m saying. Hop hop lets go.”

As they followed the lead of the man the answered the door.

Artimus, arm still peaking out of his cloak,opened his hand as is to stretch it, all five digits outstretched. A harmless enough motion. He hoped it went unnoticed too all but the keen eyes of his companions. 5 minutes. Any longer. Come looking.



Artimus is on his gaurd keeping his eyes keen and senses spotted. any attempt to pysically interact with either Artimus or Ronal will be met aas unacceptable and immediately treated as a deal breaker. Artimus and Ronal will leave


Last edited by Artimus on 16.08.12 11:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   16.08.12 10:32

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

'D6' : 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   16.08.12 11:55

Garvan waited patiently with Wulfric outside the roundhouse. He suspected things would go smoothly seeing as he was in possesion of the ledger. No point in killing men that dont ahve what you want.

He had noticed Artimus' subtle gesture. 5 minutes. He could wait 5 minutes. He took to whistling again and started longing for the skin of wine he had left aboard the Vengeance.




==============


Garvan will chill outside. After 5 minutes or any signs of trouble he will enter and assist. To avoid an extra day of posts when/if the party comes out the get the ledger Garvan will abide and enter with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   16.08.12 22:15

Fellowship - The 2nd of Septem - 8:50 AM


Artimus and Ronal

Artimus followed Ronal as they entered into the roundhouse, the heavy oaken doors shutting silently behind them. The room smelled of fresh leather, and as the mariner looked about he could see the labourers eyeing them. They were unarmed, he perceived, and were curious of the intrusion.

The lumbering man known as Mousill took their weapons more gently than Artimus would have imagined, and walked back over to the corner where he stuck them in a straw-filled crate and continued his labouring. The roundhouse was dimly lit by lanterns that hung under windows situated high upon the stone walls, and as the two of them followed the Steward they could tell that the gilded barrels and secure structure bespoke a place of great wealth and production.

The steward said nothing, and guided them to the back of the long roundhouse. A set of stairs led upwards into an office built upon twenty-yard tall beams, overlooking the stock floor. The steward gestured for them to stop, and began to ascend the stairs himself, leaving the pair to wait below…

Garvan and Wulfric

The fisherman watched as Midnorton disappeared around the corner, and then turned his attention back in time to see the door shut tight behind Artimus and Ronal. They were in.

They stood off to the side, the towering buildings drawing their attention as they observed from the shadows. The homes and warehouses were old, but clearly well maintained and exorbitantly wealthy. The windows bore no bars, a stark comparison to the noble wards in Marienburg. It was a sure sign that these magistrates and tradesmen had no fear of thieves, perhaps for the house guards that they kept…

Footsteps clammered off behind them, and they turned to see three house guards walking towards them. They stared suspiciously at the pair, calling out to them from fifty yards.

"Ho- you there!" called the one in the middle. They were approaching swiftly, and Wulfric could see that they were armed with longswords clipped to their belts as well as thick leather armour under their loose, crested tabards.

"Skulking in the shadows are we? Go on…this ain't the ward for you lot." they called abrasively, slowing their approach.

Garvan was uncannily conscientious of the trident leaning against the wall next to him, and Wulfric knew that they would not mistake the bow slung across his chest.

The guards approached with tension in their voices.

"What's your business, and why haven't you left yet?"


Midnorton

Midnorton slunk away from the group, down the back alley. The roundhouse was situated close to a large wooded building of apartments, and he followed the pathway through the shadows into a backway clearing.

Midnorton looked about: he stood in a large cobblestone clearing, bordered by the backs of buildings and exited only through a cartpath that lead south. An unhinged carriage sat next to a massive shipping door into the back of the Geiss roundhouse, fifteen feet wide and closed shut. A thin wooden door stood next to it, clearly an alternative way in.

Suddenly, a curious sound alerted his ears; a lump of black fur stood up in front of the narrow doorway, the clinking of dragging chains punctuated by a low growl. It was a tall black dog, thick saliva dripping from its mouth and no more than five yards of clearance from the door. It stared at Midnorton uneasily, thick gobs of drool dropping on the cobbles beneath it as it bared its teeth.



Artimus and Ronal

The steward returned a moment later, guiding them up into the looming office. He held the door open as Ronal and Artimus entered, the mariner noticing a black-handled dagger clipped to his belt beneath his dresscoat.

The door closed behind them as they looked around, the Steward standing watch from behind them.

A fireplace burned in a great hearth next to a wide mahogany desk, behind which an elderly man sat in a great padded chair looking through the three windows that oversaw his store room floor. He was fat, bald, and perhaps in his sixties, with nearly grey skin that sagged beneath his eyes and a stern gaze that said much about his unhappiness at being disturbed.

The padded chair slowly turned to face the pair, and the rumbling voice of a man who is used to being listened to boomed out from across the room.

"I hear you have something of mine," called the ornery old man, staring out from beneath his bushy eyebrows. "I am William Geiss. This is my roundhouse, through which I control nearly half of the revenue generated by this entire seaport. I ship to Marienburg-" he stabbed his finger down upon a map spread out over his desk - "Norsca" - another jab - "and the tricky, troublesome, and petulant burghers skittering around the slimy ports in Kislev" - a final, embittered, more purposeful jab. "I am a busy man, and armed men at my door rarely spell more time for me to accumulate worth. I know how to create worth, gentlemen. But I have no idea what you're doing in my roundhouse."

=====================================

Ok guys!

So I have a slight bone to pick here. I asked you last week not to split the party…

…and you went and split it into three parts. Thanks a lot jerks!

Artimus and Ronal - The room is quite large, with a big burning hearth and finery everywhere. The steward is standing next to the only entrance to the room behind you, there are three windows that are situated about twenty yards high overlooking the store room, and the big desk behind which William Geiss sits.

Wulfric and Garvan - The house guards approaching you are approximately twenty yards away. You guys are standing next to the roundhouse, and could exit down the alley towards where Midnorton went, east towards the wharf where you came from (and where the guards are walking from), or west into the deeper annals of the trade district, if you choose to leave.

Midnorton - The clearing is obviously a loading area of some sort. The dog is a large one, and looks quite vicious. There appears to be no other entryway into the warehouse (no windows, or anything like that). Just the 15-foot-wide storage door (with no handle) or the slim door behind the dog.

EXP - +50 each (garv, art, mid)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   17.08.12 15:36

Midnorton didn’t want to risk tangling with that dog, not to mention it looked like it could put up a long fight. So with a flowery bow toward the dog, Midnorton slipped back into the alley he came from and back toward his two companions waiting in the street when he suddenly heard the house guards.

With confidence, he strode out of the alley and toward Garvan and Wulric, “Ho… thanks for waiting. Sorry about that. All that ale we had early just rushed through my body and I had to really drain the dragon.”

Midnorton then suddenly stopped as if he just noticed the house guards and blushed. “Oh… we have company. “ He smiled at the house guards and scratched his head in embarrassment. “Um… sorry if we are causing any commotion. We are actually waiting for some friends to be done with some business in the building right there…” Midnorton motioned with his head toward the building Artimus and Ronal went in to.

He then acted like he just noticed how Garvan and Wulric look like they are trying to hide, “Eh.. Why are you hiding? Its not like we are doing anything wrong.”

Midnorton looked back at the house guards and bowed with apology. “Sorry about my friends. You see we are often out in the sea and don’t come on land that often, so they get a little bit too paranoid.”

==================

Midnorton is attempting to cool down the situation and convince the house guards they are harmless and not doing anything ’criminal’.

Persuasion
[Dice 1: 6, 4, 5, 4, 1 = 20]


Last edited by Midnorton on 17.08.12 15:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   17.08.12 15:36

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'D6' : 6, 4, 5, 4, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part I: Boarding Vengeance   

Back to top Go down
 
Part I: Boarding Vengeance
Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The untapped part of the brain
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1
» Mental Health : Trying to heal the mental part to eating too much
» Rob Skiba - Did Israel Really Become a Nation in 1948 (part 2 mp3 is up)
» Darkness Descending /Part One/Part Two

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: