HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
COMBAT RESOURCES
Photobucket
Time Until Next Post
Resources
Photobucket
Photobucket
Zone Chart
Zone1 (East end, hallway outside the chamber): Double doors leading in to the hallway can be shut and bolted from the inside of the chamber.:
OCCUPY: Midnorton

Zone2 (Eastern half of the audience chamber): This is the main floor of the chamber, where all of the cultists have convened. It is literally a throng of men, and so moving into Zone3 would require an AGI check of 25 or more to avoid being pulled down and trampled by the crowd:
OCCUPY: Valaren, Skyler

Zone3 (Western half of the audience chamber): Here there is a raised platform, where there is an altar beneath a giant golden statue that is suspended in mid-air.:
OCCUPY: Masked CULT LEADER, Pregnant woman, Artimus, Garvan

Difficulty Ratings
Photobucket

Share | 
 

 Part III: Cellar Doors

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 11:28

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 5, 5, 1, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'ATTACK' : 5, 5, 4, 2

--------------------------------

#3 'DAMAGE' : 2, 4, 3, 5, 5

--------------------------------

#4 'DAMAGE' : 6, 2, 2, 6, 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 14:11

Skyler responded to the helpful tip with a nod and exhaling a bit through his nostrils.
He twirl'ed his daggers a bit, held them again and began to charge at the foe once more.
He realized his knifes couldn't do much to such a trained guard. They wore armor that made it difficult for Skyler to pinpoint their weak spots (as he so loved to do). Skyler swung once at the guard but he guarded against it. Shortly after, Skyler reversed the blade and swung the dagger back into the guard.

Skyler noticed the fresh blood on his dagger... A small drop fell from it to his feet. But he could tell from the amount on the blade that the wound was not very deep. If anything, for any trained soldier it would be nothing more than a little sting. But as he looked to his feet, he noticed all of the coals that had been spread over there. It was not a safe place to be. Slowly, Skyler moved across the coals to where his fellow fighter was (Artimus).

Skyler reassumed his "battle-ready" position. He decided he would hold as a front wall. An intervention. Should they charge at his companions, he would stop them.

=====================================
Stealth check for coals: 4GI + 2 Stealth = 3+4+3+1+6+6 = 23
Skyler moves across the coals with easee and taking no damage at all.

And then Skyler won't attack Sad too little damage. Instead, going to prepare to counter any attack. So.... what I wanted was for any attack they attempt to go against me instead


Last edited by Skyler Terska on 15.11.12 14:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 14:11

The member 'Skyler Terska' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 3, 4, 3, 1, 6, 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garvan

avatar

Posts : 160
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 28

Character sheet
HP:
13/22  (13/22)
EXP:
2775/5000  (2775/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 15:51

Garvan stood back as the battle errupted around him. Burning gems were scattered about the room, threating to burst the furnishing into flames, and amongst them his compatriates fought with zeal. Arrows blurred forward from Midnortons bow as Artimus and their new addition, Skyler, cut down their foes with precision and agility. They had skill far beyond what Garvan could have ever dreamed. Dancing with their blades with speed that the fisherman could only hope to one day acheive.

But Garvan had something the others did not possess. Raw strength and iron skin. He charged one of the guardsmen with his trident in hand. He years hauling fish and surving in Marienburg had shaped him to become a deadly - albeit clumsy - force. The trident, now an extension of his arm, ramed through the guards stomach with such force it picked the man off his feet. Crimson immediatley burst forth from the mans open mouth, as if he was tryign to say somethign but could not find the words. Garvan couldnt help but yell as he tossed the man to the floor and went in to fnish the attack. He landed with a thud. Garvan pulled back his weapon only enough to allow him to thrust it back through the mans throat, pinning the corpse to the floor.



================



BOOM 28 DMG (I could have killed both dudes I suppose, but Im not sure if I am allowed to attack two seperate targets in one combat round)


LK: ROLLED AN AGI CHECK FOR GARVY PRIVATELY. PASSED.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 16:39

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 4:30 AM


The wet crunch of Garvan's trident punctuated the end of the combat, the quiet cooing of the madman perched atop the other guardsman casting an eerie sense over the scene.

Beneath the heaving, insane cultist, the body of the guardsman lay brained upon the floor. With gaunt arms, the beastial man shook his neck.

Valaren looked about, the smell of burned rope announcing the fredom of his hands. It was a strange scene; slow burning embers scattered about the floor, smoking upon the red carpets and burning away at the fabric.

Upon the heaped pyre, Lesale burned and sizzled - a steady, haunting coarse whisper escaping his charred lips. A goner in his last moment of madness - certainly.

The smell of blood hung in the air like a heavy curtain, and as the fellowship collected themselves the sense of something dark and evil had not left them.

Face twisted and screwed into a murderous smile, the madman swiftly ripped the head from the neck of the fallen guardsmen, staring into his eyes with glee. With a chilling cackle, he slowly shifted his gaze away from the cadaver to stare at Midnorton...

==================

OK guys, the combat is over. Corpses strewn about, the room is severely trashed, and Lesale is burning on the pyre (nearly dead, if not dead already).

Valaren, you have no clue what youve walked into or whats happened - or indeed if these newcomers are friend or foe.

Midnorton, I need another seduce check to keep the madman succumbed to your will...

EXP: Total party post, +50 EXP each
Combat experience: +125 EXP each

-LK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 18:15

As Midnorton watched the madman rip the guard’s head off, he had to force down the bile rising in his throat just to smile at the madman.

Midnorton purred to the madman, “Good! They wanted to stop you from achieving your pleasure. There is just one more obstacle. Those behind the iron door. They want to keep the pleasure for themselves and not share it with you. That isn’t right. The pleasure should also go to you. Let us go there and rightfully obtain that pleasure…”

He still purred at the madman as he moved to guide him to the iron doors, as he avoided the embers on the ground.

Midnorton still looked at the madman as he spoke to his companions. “We should hurry. I would be really surprise if this battle didn’t alert others, unless they are so wrapped up in their occult ritual they don’t notice anything else.”

========

SEDUCTION
Charm [4d6] + Seduction [1d6]
[Roll: 1+6+3+6+1 = 17]


Last edited by Midnorton on 15.11.12 18:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 18:15

The member 'Midnorton' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 1, 6, 3, 6, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 20:34

Skyler recollected himself after the fight and stood up straight. Looked at the dead bodies and then at the burning pile that once was Lesale. It was the first time that fresh blood had touched his blade in a while. Fefnir (the blade in his right hand) soaked in the blood with ease, as though the blade longed for it. But again... Harpuia called to him. As he looked to his left, he saw Midnorton again trying to coax the madman into charging to his death. Skyler confronted him, and made another attempt to reason with him.

We can't just send him off to his death! He deserves to live just as much as the rest of us. He has done us no wrong, and we can still make it out of here alive! I implore you, don't take advantage of such a pitiful creature. It's not right to take advantage of such a simple mind.

==============================
Skyler is trying to use reason to convince Mid not to send the man to his death.
Wit check! 4WIT


Last edited by Skyler Terska on 16.11.12 0:21; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 20:34

The member 'Skyler Terska' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 6, 6, 5, 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   15.11.12 22:59

Midnorton looked at Skyler as if he had just noticed him.

“You misunderstand….um…Skyler was it? No matter. I am showing him compassion, living in that state is torture. This way he will achieve the ‘pleasure’ he is seeking in a glorious death and end his suffering.”

With that said, Midnorton went back to purring at the madman.

At this moment in time, Midnorton almost seemed inhuman.

===============

For reference, I’m using this definition for ‘inhuman.’

Inhuman: not human: not seeming to be human, or not characteristic of human beings

**I took in consideration your Wit check Skyler and adjusted his response accordingly, but Mid thinks differently then most people. What is ‘moral’ to one person is not necessarily ‘moral’ to another person. Shades of Gray, Shades of Gray.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   16.11.12 15:21

Valaren managed to get back on his feet after finally being able to free his hands. An imprint on his skin was visible from the rope that had been bound tightly around his wrists. He looked at it for a few seconds, as if to see if any real damage had been done. Everything appeared to be fine. He looked up, watching as the group seemed to prepare themselves for more trouble. This was no ordinary group of people.

His eyes switched between the people that were still standing. They stopped and evaluated each of them before moving on to the next one. It appeared they were all working together, but what would that mean for Valaren? At this point they seemed content with ignoring him altogether. Perhaps it would be better that way. Valaren was unarmed and based on his experience from just before it seemed he would be quickly dealt with.

No reason to do anything stupid now.


He decided to stand still and await their next move. He was curious to see whether they would acknowledge his existence, or move on to the next room and leave him there. Either way, they seemed to be a strong group with some serious issues.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   16.11.12 15:48

Skyler backed off a bit, slightly shocked that any person could think like that. (Skyler's name must have slipped out whilst a unnecessary discussion in the dungeon). Even if it was a mad man, he was a human being! Thankful that he had not been subject to the same doom as this man was now being sent to, Skyler reserved himself knowing it was not his place to speak up against the hand that rescued him from his own cell. Skyler took a few steps back and looked around the room. He noticed the injured man they had just encountered still on the ground. He had somehow managed to get the ropes off his hands by burning of with the coals!
A smart man indeed. He certainly had a will to live, unlike the late Lesale. Skyler tried to observe the man... he seemed to be waiting for the group to say something first. Skyler then looked back to the mad man who was still being whispered to by Midnorton. Something about this man intrigued Skyler. Skyler began to ask questions to himself...

What could have caused this man to be here?

How did he wrong them?

Could he be an asset to the team?

Hopefully he has his mind straight... or else he may become another victim to Midnorton's seductive purring... ew....

============================
Skyler waits in the back letting the others in the fellowship speak first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnorton

avatar

Posts : 183
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 41
Location : North Carolina

Character sheet
HP:
16/16  (16/16)
EXP:
950/5000  (950/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   17.11.12 21:39

Before he guided the madman to the iron door and after he explained his reasoning to the others for his actions, he turned toward the man they just freed from the vanquished guards.

“Oh matey…” for some reason Midnorton decided to talk like a sailor, even though he actually is a sailor for now.

“We don’t be knowing why you are prisoner to these cult fellows. But ye have two choices, try to make it out yerself or come with us. Well, actually three choices. We could be killing you here.”

He suddenly changes back to his normal speech pattern, “Or you could join us in rescuing the princess from being sacrificed by this cult.” Midnorton gave a charming smile.

“Make a quick choice. We don’t have much time before we are discovered.”

===============

Intro for our new player, Valaren.

Valaren, if you are confused, that is okay. Midnorton likes it that way. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   18.11.12 12:21

Valaren looked towards the archer that was speaking to him, albeit in a strange accent. The choices he was given were reasonable in their own right. It would be safest if Valaren chose to follow them. They appeared to be on a quest of some sort. Perhaps Valaren could be an addition to their group.

"I am Valaren." He said, introducing himself with a clear, deep voice. "And I will follow you in an attempt to save the princess."

Valaren did not speak of his powers or abilities. He had no strength to speak of during these fights. He had no weapons at his disposal. His last vials had been broking during the brawl outside. For now, he would only be able to heal a wounded man or woman. Valaren prayed the Gods would protect them on their journey.

-------------------------------------

Well, I figured I couldn't just follow you without at least introducing myself, right? No confusion there Razz
-------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   18.11.12 17:55

Skyler looked at the two introducing themselves, and after the ice had been broken he stepped forward. Being a former prisoner of these crazy people himself, Skyler felt like this man could make a new pal for him.

So how'd you wind up in this dump? Tick off a shaggy fat man as well? I'm Skyler. I was held up here for a while before these guys got me out. And... that pile of flaming ash over there WAS Lesale. He was always a little out of his mind... Who knows why he wanted your body...

Skyler leaned over and whispered to him:

Perhaps for the same reason as the archer speaks to the madman about...

But... If you want I suppose you can take his staff. Not like he'll be needing it much anymore.

I must commend you though, burning off the ropes using the coals? That's some quick wit you've got there. Have you always been like that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   19.11.12 13:34

Valaren looked towards the staff that had fallen on the edge of the firepit. It was far from a rod of Asclepius, but it would definitely be an improvement. He spoke as he slowly walked towards the staff. His eyes still focused on the ground, his movement slow and secure as he attempted to evade the coals.

"I believe my curiosity was not appreciated by the guards. I was looking for medicine, common metals or anything botanical I could use."

Each step was carefully planned, his eyes never losing sight of his objective. As he reached the staff, he turned towards the others once more.

"I am an alchemist and a mage. I have travelled around the world. I wouldn't be here if my wits had failed me in times like these."

Valaren reached for the staff and picked it up.







Last edited by Valaren on 19.11.12 13:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : AGI Check for Zone 2: 5,5,5+1 = 16. I passed and incorporated it in the story.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   19.11.12 13:34

The member 'Valaren' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 5, 5, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   19.11.12 15:53

Skyler watched as the man walked slowly past the coals. Surely not as swift as himself, but not everyone was quite as agile. But there was a word that stuck with Skyler.

mage

Could it be? Was this man really skilled in the art of magic? For years Skyler had been a helper boy in the Scholar's keep but the best of magicians there could only preform basic magic. Could this person help Skyler achieve his... no... her dream? To create the perfect dance of water...? Skyler thought back to that night. The night that changed his life...

flashback:
Skyler and Velkia were on the roof of the main building. It was late at night with a clear sky. The two sat together as they normally did since they were young. The two are approximately 10-13 years of age.

Velkia: Hey Sky... have you ever thought about what you want to do with the rest of your life? You know... like... you can't work here in the keep forever.

Skyler looked back at Velkia puzzled... Any other way of life other than that of the keep and on the streets had been foreign to Skyler. He responded:

Skyler: No...

Velkia pouted a bit. Slightly annoyed at Skyler's short responses and avoidance of questions. Regardless she continued on:

Velkia: Well I have. One day... I want to create the greatest, most beautiful dance with water. I've already got a song in mind. And I've imagined it for the longest time...

Skyler saw as she looked off to the lake nearby. It made sense to Skyler that she would want such a thing. But to Skyler... it made him wonder what his goal in life was. For the longest time all that he thought of was to survive. Nothing more. But the thought popped up to his mind. And he abruptly spoke it out.
Skyler: How could one dance with water? Water moves on its own accord. Would you construct some water wheels and water ways?

Velkia: Sky you silly...

She poked his cheek as she normally did when she wanted his attention.

With magic of course! But none of the simple magic they have here with these old people. I mean the really cool ones that you learn by travelling across the land! I heard about this one when I was young. My father's friend from his youth had come to visit. He spoke of his travels and how he met a person that could conjure elements at his will. Someday... I had hoped to learn how to do that. But right now I'm happy here with you Sky.

She smiled at Skyler. His heart pounced. He had seen her smile before, but this was different... He quickly turned but peeked back and began to blush. His mind raced to think of words... something... anything to respond.

Skyler: I-I'm... happy to.. to be here with you too...


But the harsh reality of his situation struck Skyler as a cold draft of stench from the puddle the madman had made in the corner came across his nose. He looked back at the man who was now picking up the staff that Lesale had found earlier back at the prison cells. Skyler's hopes shot up. He knew what he would do. All the other "mages" he encountered on his journey had either been complete beginners trying to impress the girls, or fakes... relying on other tools and tricks. But this man... perhaps he could help Skyler achieve what he had set off in search of...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   20.11.12 17:31

Blood sprayed across Artimus’s mouth and neck as Garvan’s trident cleared a pathway through the last guard’s leather jerkin, breastplate, and vital organs and exited through spine breastplate to meet cool air on the other side.

The Mariner wiped the blood from his mouth, perhaps less disgusted than he should have been. He delighted in battle, position, and strategy. The Braggadocios steps he plied from one stance to next where practiced yet fluidly improvised each movement thrilled his spirit. His blade was a pure instrument of his will, at once, full of guile sharp and forceful in one moment, subtle and playful in the next.

In stark contrast were the crushing attacks of the Fisherman of Marienburg. Though not at as much a fisher as he was, now it seemed his trident was a fisher of men. The season was looking to be a good one.

What had never left the two men, Mariner and Fisher was the love for the sea, in
that love, and through their exploits, they were brothers.


Artimus shook Garvan’s hand in the old way, as men of the sea did, gripping at the forearm.

“It iz truly a good thing we’re on the zame zide mon ami. Your trident arm bringz an unkind end to your adverzariez, If I were them, I would throw myzelf upon thiz blade-“

**Artimus said gesturing to his foil**

“-For the mercy of a quick, zingle pronged death.“

**Artimus Swung round to Midnorton**

“Your deadly work marked theze men with your zkill, your talent with the bow continuez to imprezz, I know becauze I’ve yet to take one in the back, Merci for that.”

Sheathing his foil Artimus look about the room. The smoldering embers began to quiet, the smouldering fumes flitting and popping their last breaths, bodies bleed out and
sprawled. A vile smell urked from the center of the hearth, Lesale met his end, and not by Artimus blade.


A fact that surprised none more than the Mariner.

**In response to the trouble with the Cultist**

“Thiz man’z decent into madnezz iz complete; he haz lozt what little it iz that bindz uz to our humanity. You cannot zee it by he iz wounded, in the worzt way. Unlezz you pozzezz zome zkill to guide hiz mind back to from the brink of what iz beyond the fringez of our zanity it iz bezt we end it. Either by the honeyed word of Midnorton, or by my zword, for
thiz man they are both a coup de grace
[blow of mercy]. “

Artimus turned to Valaren. The mysterious man who had stumbled into their mist bound and under guard, was now free. As free as a man could be while under the earth.
Artimus looked him over, while his frame was slight, and somewhat withered with age he could see there was strength him in. Where physique had failed him, an opportunistic wile seemed to take hold. A man who now was unbound and upright, when only moments before was tied at the writs, prone and concussed. No small feat.


Something else, he couldn’t shake the faint glint of the starry sky that glinted out oft he wizened man’s eyes. Not a perfect image of the star field that floated in the heavens, but how it would appear glinting off a dark ocean’s water on a still night. They were eerie and evocative.

Where Lesale’s gaze seemed to sap the strength from Artimus’ bones, Valaren’s seemed to bring a curiosity that made him question the composition of the walls around him.

A sensation that would have been off-putting, had it not been preceded by Lesales insidious watch, oozing and filthy.


Artimus listened as Valaren introduced himself and raised an eyebrow as Midnorton broke into an uncommon voice. His voice was off, but the invitation was on the mark.

“ Welcome Valaren, I am Artimuz De Londe. A man of Zword, Zea and Women. It zeemz that fate haz prezzed you to our company and it zeemz judging by your predicament not a moment to zoon. You were... how they zay ‘up the water with no paddle’? It zeemz more than mere luck that our zhort engagement without a long-lived alchemizt haz juzt ended. Poorly I might add. Lezale az he waz called, made you look like a zpring chicken, mon ami.“


Artimus motioned to the fetid corpse that was burning to nothing as they spoke, as if Lesale’s composition had be begging to be released from his twisted from, held
together by some dark magic.


Artimus picked up the Alchemists codec they had retrieved in the room adjacent to the one they were in.


“Perhapz you can make zenze of thiz tome, it zeemz to belong to another departed practitioner of alchemy.”

**Artimus Hands Cultist Alchemy Tome to Valaren**

---------------------
----------------------

If thecultist does not proceed as Midnorton Advises, Artimus will attempt to kick the cultist in the back of the knee and perform a Coup de Grace through his back
Attack 5d6
Damage
5d6


Last edited by Artimus on 20.11.12 17:40; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   20.11.12 17:31

The member 'Artimus' has done the following action : Diceroller

#1 'ATTACK' : 2, 1, 6, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'DAMAGE' : 5, 4, 6, 3, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lore Keeper
Admin
avatar

Posts : 359
Reknown : 9
Join date : 2012-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   20.11.12 18:07

Fellowship - The 3rd of Septem, 4:35 AM

Amidst the swirling smoke and the smell of death that lingered around that room, a new fellowship was formed. As Lesale smoldered upon the firepit, Valaren stood sidelong watching the mysterious events of the evening unfurl in the unhallowed halls of this fortress.

Artimus pressed forward, Midnorton cracking open the door of the common chamber back out into the hallway, the madman leading the way at the indication of the bowman. Obedient and bloodthirsty, he emerged into the main hallway and gazed at the great iron double doors - almost with familiarity and expectancy.

The fellowship emerged behind him, watching as Midnorton prepared himself next to the door. Whatever was happening beyond stood to be unearthed-

A moment of silence, broken only by the heavy breathing and quiet moans of the madman. And then - Midnorton swung the doors open.

[...]

In a whirlwind of fervor the madman had erupted into the room beyond the hallway like a dervish, a ferocity driving him into a throng of men that loomed beyond.

It was an audience chamber of some sort, with high ceilings and a long profile. Inside, robed men stood before a great platform whereupon a tall, masked individual swirled a fiery axe through the air in the shadow of a giant, golden statue.

The statue was suspended in the air by heavy chains, looming above an altar whereupon a filthy woman cried out in pains of agony, her swollen belly suggesting a nearly complete pregnancy. The statue was golden, carved into the likeness of some unholy daemon with great horns and a tongue that spilled down its fattened stomach.

Chaos had erupted.

The smell of burning incense and sweat was palpable, a thick fog of psychomatic oppression swirling out into the hallway like water through a burst dam. The shouts of the cultists were both exasperated and methodical, almost as if this interruption had been part of the dark ceremony that was taking place.

The screams of the pregnant woman grew, the ceremony leader bringing his axe into the air and screaming violently across the room. His neck strained beneath his heavy mask, threatening to pop his head from his shoulders.

The madman screamed and clawed into a crowd of nearly twenty men, all of whom reacted with intense surprise and purposeful violence. They swung and clawed and the frenzied member of their fold, and he reacted in turn, biting and scratching and swirling in a blood-coloured glory. The fellowship watched as the masked ceremony leader spun round in anguish, screaming something in some unfamiliar tongue that caused even more fervor to erupt amongst the crowd.

========================

Ok guys, the madman has just charged in to an audience hall that is approximately 50 yards long by 20 yards wide. There are long bench-chairs set up around, with a great altar whereupon the woman lays under the giant statue on the far west side.

I'm not sure what your gameplan is here, but go for it!

Undoubtedly, you have the surprise. Of course, you can make multiple attacks as per the normal rules, but be aware that there are approximately 20 men in between you and the altar.

Please read Zone rules on the combat sidebar on the left side of the page, and PAY ATTENTION TO MOVEMENT RULES.

Cheers,

-LK

EXPERIENCE:

+200 experience to Midnorton, Artimus, Skyler and Valaren for posting in the expressly indicated bonus XP posting weekend. Also, +50 GDP to each of you as well, thanks for making a great introduction!


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://empireinblood.forumstech.com
Diana

avatar

Posts : 100
Reknown : 3
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 23
Location : Toronto

Character sheet
HP:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP:
450/5000  (450/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   21.11.12 12:15

Skyler's initial reaction was of course... run. In his mind, he was trying to escape, not take down some cult. But he was with this group now... And what they wanted... most likely at least, was to take them down. At a distance he saw the pregnant woman. He thought for a while... and tried to give the group a chance to possibly explain was was going on. But after a moment's pause (that seemed a day's length). He dashed in and started attacking the cultists, assuming that their presence would endanger his escape. He quickly swung at two of the cultists. His movements like a blur, aiming for their throats he slit them both. Spurts of blood spit out as his blade gleaned pas them. Realizing he was now in the fray of battle, he again got ready to fight. As he fought e asked the group, specifically towards Garvan, Midnorton, and Artimus:
That's... not your princess is it? You might have some trouble explaining what happened to her if it is...

============================================
Skyler jumped in and killed two cultists
wait... is that allowed? i think i should have taken one away from my HIT rolls... i would have hit either way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valaren

avatar

Posts : 32
Reknown : 1
Join date : 2012-11-11

Character sheet
HP:
13/13  (13/13)
EXP:
1675/5000  (1675/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   21.11.12 14:23

Valaren was positioned in the back of the group. HIs staff firmly gripped in his left hand, he listened closely to see if he could understand anything the cultist leader was screaming. His head was slightly tilted to the left as he held his breath. His years of wandering around the world had brought him to many places and civilizations. His knowledge of foreign languages might help him in this instance.

He knew that running would no longer be an option. It appeared that his group wasn't planning on it either. It would take nothing short of a small army to get to the other side of this room. He had seen this group in action versus the guards that had captured Valaren, but this was definitely something different. He had no weapons, other than his staff, and none of his vials here. It would be lunacy to advance into this fight as one of the first. Valaren listened as the cult leader kept preaching even though Skyler had apparently started the fight on this side of the room.

===========================================

Rolling language to see if I can understand what the cult leader is screaming:

5d6+2

===========================================

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Winds Of Fate

avatar

Posts : 156
Reknown : 0
Join date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   21.11.12 14:23

The member 'Valaren' has done the following action : Diceroller

'SKILL CHECK' : 2, 4, 6, 3, 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artimus

avatar

Posts : 214
Reknown : 8
Join date : 2012-07-10
Age : 33
Location : Ontario Canada

Character sheet
HP:
15/21  (15/21)
EXP:
1375/5000  (1375/5000)
WEAPONS:

PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   21.11.12 16:48


The doors gave way, revealing the dark scene that waited. Artimus eyes scanned the crowd, gauging their numbers, assessing their strength. Madness met madness as the cultist charged relentlessly and with pure abandon into the chorus of zealots. The stage was set, robed men flanked about the room, like an entranced phalanx and at the center of their formation, the dark alter. the odds were clearly against them , the sheer force of the denizens of this dungeon began to sink deeply into him. The sensation of falling slipped into his gut. His eyes caught the unmissable fiery axe wielding titan that stood between statue and bound woman at the center damnable and depraved exhibition.



Artimus Mariner’s heart fumbled and fell in his chest



Panic, was the only way it could be described, and he felt this panic profoundly. It threatened him, encircling his mind, like a mischief of rats, gnawing at the fringes of his psyche. Looking for some root, some anchor, he reached within. grasped at his will, his thoughts, his essence for anything; like a man sliding off the face of a mountain. He snatched for whatever he might take hold of, something to pull himself into the center, a place of equilibrium from where he could strike with perfect poise and awful power .



finally Artimus clasped onto a memory.
It was a familiar smell that first told him he was in another place. The scentof wet leaves, hardened sap and the distinct taste of old conifers. Then cold air grasped his nostrils.
the odor was unmistakable, it was scent that filled his nose years before in the forest of Chalon, Nestled between Bordeleax and Chinon.




To most, it was a hilled mesh of trees that climbed into mountains of Massif Orcal in heart of Brettonia.



To Salazar de Londe it was a haven from the memories of a war that ended long ago.



A place of long sought solitude and peace.



A General’s retirement.



Salazar was happy to live out his last days in the quiet shadow of the mountain. And he did so, until the day his nephew arrived. Three days after Chloee De Londe, Artimus mother’s murder.

A young man with a shattered world, seeking guidance, solace and the tools to hunt those who had wronged their family.


Among those trees Salazar trained his brother’s son.



Salazar took this fresh orphan in and trained him in the ways of battle. The Honored Veteran used his young nephew's anger, his raw skill with the blade and forged him into a weapon of death, stoked in the furnace of revenge, and fueled by his mother’s murder.

Over the coming months Artimus learned to focus the frenzy of emotion that broiled into a single voice. An unflappable will. A razor will. He gained a mind of tact and strategy, hardened under the strikes of five decades of military experience possessed by his uncle.



Standing in those trees he could hear his uncle’s voice cutting through the frosty autumn din.



“Ten, one hundred, one thousand, it doesn't matter.



When overwhelmed by numbers, there is only ever four men, this is the limit of your opponents my nephew.



Together, they will think they are strong. But in this they are in the betrayed.



A group of men is clumsy, uncoordinated.



Where they have one target, you will have many.



Where they can be tangled in each other’s blades, you can strike with single purpose.



Where they are blocked by their brother’s strikes, you can cut yourself a path,



You're blade is your truest ally; theirs' can be made to betray them, redirected into their neighbors stomachs or invited into his own leg. Once you know this, you master the virtue of the long sword, and to master the long sword is to govern the world .



If you attain this virtue of the long sword, one man can beat ten men. Just as one man can beat ten, so a hundred men can beat a thousand, and a thousand men can beat ten thousand. In my strategy, one man is the same as ten thousand, so this strategy is the FIN DE MONDE



The roar of chaos summoned him back to the cachophany of voices that called out . Battle had erupted.



VZzzzzsst



Artimus sword shot from his scabbard, finding his hand had already gripped the polished steal of this blade. His arm arched as he drew the blade from his left hip with his right hand. Artimus jaw hardened as his brow furrow.



“Form up on me!”



He shouted as he advanced with a enboldened chest and commanding stride. his confidance renewed.



"Skylar, Garvan we will form a wedge, Valaren, Midnotron, behind us. We will not fall here this day. Not to these idolatrous, dogs. Move as a unit and strike without mercy “



Artimus Swung wildly moving to the front of the advance. Shouting -



“When you get to the other side, tell your heathen god I’m coming for him next!”





His eyes set firmly upon the alter and the monster that stood alongside it, he and the fellowship would make it there, no matter the cost.

Artimus would see their god disappointed.



Artimus attacked meeting a grouping of cultists in the middle of the pack with wide Semicircular Parry, stepping into the space it allowed with a patinandoa fast cross step and followed it with a flurry of lighting lunges.








Last edited by Artimus on 22.11.12 5:21; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Part III: Cellar Doors   

Back to top Go down
 
Part III: Cellar Doors
Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» long glass coridoor with many doors leading out.
» My friends dream swimming down streeys and different doors
» The untapped part of the brain
» Knocking on Doors
» The Gates of Hell. Part 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
empireinblood :: Campaign :: Chapter One-
Jump to: